I hate the show Bones

VerbalPuke

Drunk is when the truth comes out. That means sober VP had been watching Bones

Yeah, Niner, it is true that I feel that way about the show. I think I wouldn't hate Bones so much if they just killed off the main characters and replaced them with reptilian cyborgs.

Sober VP hears Bones as background noise when his wife watches TV. My wife also seems to like every weird fantasy show on TV like Grimm, Supernatural..and other stuff. Those aren't too bad I guess.

Oh yeah, I do agree with Hamster, Medium was a pretty good show. My wife watched that one on Netflix and I actually watched a lot of it with her. I didn't think I'd enjoy it because of the type of show it was, but it wasn't bad at all. The main characters husband was funny in the show, and once made a remark about Dawn of the Dead which was a cool nod to the fact that he was the lead character in the remake.

...if it weren't for the fact I know your in the military and live, or lived, in Vegas, I'd think you were my brother in law. Cuz your wife sounds exactly like my sister

I concur with Benkid. I hate procedurals and it's 90% of what my girlfriend watches. But I can stomach having to listen to 10 different carbon-copy default-formula indistinguishable re-runs under different names, because I found a show that I truly am revolted by having on in our home.

18 (and later 19) Kids and Counting. On the surface it should seem like a fascinating cultural study of an uber-fundamentalist but not-hate-filled Christian family. Instead, it's propoganda for their freaky ass cult where their kids can't hold hands with boyfriends/girlfriends until their engaged and can't kiss until they're married. I sat through a Creationist Museum episode once and wound up with a headache from clenching my teeth so hard

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SsLgHr5rSk

I generally hate families who decide to have a theme for their children's names, especially when they all start with the same letter.

I thought those kinds of people belived Dinosuar bones were the work of the devil?

That 18 Kids and Counting is fucking bizarre, those people are insane.

You know whats weird? Everybody in that religion looks the same. Not just the siblings, but you ever notice that the eldest brother marries a girl, and she looks exactly like the sisters and mom? It's so weird. Must be the ugly ass jean skirt they all wear.

• Like 2

When I was living in Japan we only had a few channels with English language. One of which was Fox TV. I got acquainted with a lot of trash over the years I was there. Ghost Whisperer might have been the absolute worst.

Burn Notice was good fun though. Bones fell somewhere in the middle. It was ok, especially earlier series. You know what you're going to get with it and it wasn't horrible compared to some of the other trash.

I tell you what was surprisingly good - Medium. I thought it was going to be terrible but actually found myself enjoying it. Probably some weird voodoo hypnotism going on or something.

I liked Medium, I watched it when it first came on Dutch TV and my nan watched it, I enjoyed it.

YES! Burn Notice love. FINALLY someone who appreciates that show.

I LOVE (and very much miss) Burn Notice.

That 18 Kids and Counting is fucking bizarre, those people are insane.

You know whats weird? Everybody in that religion looks the same. Not just the siblings, but you ever notice that the eldest brother marries a girl, and she looks exactly like the sisters and mom? It's so weird. Must be the ugly ass jean skirt they all wear.

Isn't 18 Kids the one about the Duggar family? Right? There was a pretty fantastic story that come out a week or two ago, wherein apparently one of the older daughters was caught in the act with her fiance just moments before they were set to be married. The Duggars have weird rules about touching and kissing while dating, so the most the girls can ever do (as far as I understand) is hug their boyfriends. And their parents chaperone their dates, regardless of how old they are.

But yeah man, Jessa Duggar and her beau couldn't wait until after the marriage was official and I can respect that. I hope at least some of those kids realize what a fucking weird, puritanical family they're from and break away to do their own thing. Starting with Jessa, obviously.

• Like 1

Yeah I think we are a pretty Burn Notice friendly board. I loved it. It made my top 10 list at least once or twice. Are we still doing those?

Haven't noticed any of my favourite top tens for a while - namely TV of the year, women or musical artists.

Also I feel you on the Bones thing, VP. My mom watches basically every shitty procedural under the sun and if I want to hang out in the living room, it usually means watching the zillionth Bones or NCIS or CSI repeat that's on during the day and it drives me absolutely bonkers. She's seen every fucking episode of every one of those shows, and yet she insists on seeing them over and over and over and if you ask what else is on she'll say "But I haven't seen this one!" and then I just give up and go watch Netflix on the PC.

There was one cop show I actually liked, but I forget what it was called... 'Glades', I think?

Anyway, it was about a cop from Chicago, who slept with his bosses wife and got shot in the ass, who moves to Florida, and all kinds of shit happens, and he has this 'will they/won't they' relationship with this really cute nurse who I immediately fell in love with.

I liked that show. Is it still on?