Summer Transfer Window Thread 2015

Rich

Traore has one of those silly buyback clauses that Real and Barcelona bully into every deal involving a young player. So if he's good he'll be straight back to Barca for a nominal increase on what Villa paid.

Traore has one of those silly buyback clauses that Real and Barcelona bully into every deal involving a young player. So if he's good he'll be straight back to Barca for a nominal increase on what Villa paid.

Amusingly, one of the few players they didn't have something like that in place with was Juan Mata DZepyH5.gif

Amusingly, one of the few players they didn't have something like that in place with was Juan Mata DZepyH5.gif

I think that was only because they triggered his release clause, so there was no ability to add the clause to the deal at that point.

The most obvious case of it was Dani Carvajal when Real effectively paid €1.5mil to resign him when his true value had skyrocketed in his brilliant season at Leverkusen. It's a silly clause and it shouldn't really be allowed.

I think it's something I only ever see Real Madrid do, or at least exercise the option on. I can't think of many players Barca have sold and then exercised a buy-back on but Real Madrid seem to bring them back all the time, even when on the face of it they don't really seem like players that are ever likely to be in the team.