Summer Transfer Window Thread 2015

Rich

Arguably the biggest flop in PL history. 

:lol:

Classic Nerfing or you being serious?

He was brought for over 50 million. Came in and was pretty much absolute shit (and don't let the assist stats fool you). Had a bit of a tough time and at the first given chance upped and left. Taking into account the fee, wages and talent, he's without a doubt one of the biggest flops in the league. 

Is he even the biggest flops among PL players who fit that description?

• Like 3

He was brought for over 50 million. Came in and was pretty much absolute shit (and don't let the assist stats fool you). Had a bit of a tough time and at the first given chance upped and left. Taking into account the fee, wages and talent, he's without a doubt one of the biggest flops in the league. 

He wasn't even the biggest flop last season.

He wasn't even the biggest flop at Man United.

Edited by Social Justice Nerf

Probably worth pointing out that Di Maria's family were burgled in a foreign country while he and his family were inside.

Surely it's not too difficult to see how that could really frighten some people into wanting to leave said country. By all accounts, his family were really unhappy here. Can't say I'd really enjoy doing my job if my wife and child were miserable, so to say he's using it as an excuse is a tad unfair.

• Like 2

Believe me: Torres did NOT up and leave at the first given chance. <_< 

Because there's no burglaries in France?

You know that's not the point Eddie :/

Youre more likely to associate the place you were actually burgled with burglaries. Particularly if you've just moved there.

Edited by metalman
  • Like 2

Roberto Martinez currently being masterfully hypocritical regarding Chelsea's interest in John Stones. He's playing the "it's wrong and super-evil that a club should publicly make reference to a player they want to sign" card, when there are billions of quotes of him/Everton players/virtually everybody under the sun doing the same thing with Lukaku last year.

• Admin

West Brom are ready to smash their transfer record for the Zenit St Petersburg striker Salomón Rondón. The forward is believed to be in the country, with Albion targeting the player. Albion are after further firepower despite signing Rickie Lambert from Liverpool, as they look to help Saido Berahino up front. The Baggies spent around £10m on the Nigerian striker Brown Ideye last summer but any outlay on Rondón would eclipse that.

Great move for Gnabry. I'm glad he's going to get top flight experience. Has a lot of potential to be a top player. It will be interesting to see how he fits in at West Brom.

Twitter going mad tonight with rumours of Benzema to Arsenal being completed this weekend, fuelled by Jake Humphrey of all people.

I hate Twitter.

Good for him. It's nice to see good players like that who have something left to give stick around in a relatively competitive scene (at least in Europe in Olympiacos's case).

I think top players head off to the retirement grounds of the MLS a bit too early. It would be nice to see players who still have something left to give, like Gerrard, Lampard or Pirlo stick around for a while. Maybe dropping down to middle or lower table clubs, but still playing at a properly competitive level.

Last season Cambiasso demonstrated how much these players can benefit teams like Leicester City. Perhaps it would have been nice if, instead of going to New York, David Villa and Andrea Pirlo went and played for Bournemouth or something. Challenging themselves properly and playing at a level more befitting of their still formidable abilities.

• Like 3

Ha yeah, why should they give back? They've dedicated their lives to playing at the very top level why not enjoy one big last pay day in a great city rather than scrapping down in the championship for Brighton.

• Like 1

As a 32 year old who hasn't played football at a decent level but still has a fucked knee I know I'd rather play a more relaxed game in the states than get lumps kicked out of me in the Championship while everyone asks if I've still 'got it'.

Also quality of life. Massive prawns.