Summer Transfer Window Thread 2015

Rich

I think you're being condescending to the level of competition you get in the MLS. 10 different regular season winners since 1996, 9 different overall winners since 1996, a top 4 that changes often and is getting more competitive with the expansion clubs.

I think the MLS is probably on a par in terms of player level with the Greek league, where you've had just two winners since 1994, one team has won 17 of the 21 seasons in that time and where there's been just 6 different winners since WW2.

I don't mean competitiveness in terms of the amount of possible winners.  That's always welcome and is sadly absent from the big European leagues, so well done to MLS for achieving some parity.

I'm referring to the comparatively low standard of play. In Cambiasso's case, is far lesser than he encountered in Premier League with Leicester or will come up against in Yoorup for Olympiacos.

Edited by metalman

Ha yeah, why should they give back? They've dedicated their lives to playing at the very top level why not enjoy one big last pay day in a great city rather than scrapping down in the championship for Brighton.

It's good enough for 'Beautiful' Bobby Zamora!

The papers seem to think Man Utd will complete deals for Pedro (Wednesday, after Tuesday nights Super Cup) and Lazio defensive midfielder Lucas Biglia this week.

I'd heard quite a bit about the Pedro one, but this Biglia deal seems to have come from nowhere...

And tbh, spunking 18m on a 29 year old DM when we're STILL lacking at CB doesn't seem to make sense to me.

I imagine Lucas will be leaving before the end of the window. Rumours are him and Rodgers have had a falling out which is why he didn't make the bench yesterday. 

It'd be sad to see him go, he's been a great player for us but a couple of bad injuries really hampered him when he was hitting his prime. 

• Admin

Xherdan Shaqiri is set to sign for Stoke City for £12m after watching the opening defeat to Liverpool on Sunday despite Mark Hughes admitting last month that a deal for the Internazionale and Switzerland forward was dead. Shaqiri was having a medical at Stoke on Monday and is expected to complete a deal that would represent a significant U-turn after his initial decision to turn down a move to the Britannia Stadium earlier this summer.

Silly Badds.

According to Sky Sports News, midfielder Joey Barton is having a medical at West Ham.

https://twitter.com/davidgold/status/290963869189435393

If Levy could play a blinder again and sell him for an extortionate price, then I'd have no hesitation in doing business. Kane is good but he's had one good season and he's nowhere near Bale level of good.

We've made 'discreet inquiries' about Harry Kane.

Just how inquiries can be discreet and simultaneously in all the papers I don't know.

Man Utd sent a carrier pigeon to White Hart Lane but a Sun archer shot it down over Ludlow.

• Like 2

West Brom have signed Rondon from Zenit for 12m.

Be interesting to see how he adapts to the Prem, West Brom's last record-breaking striker didn't exactly set the stage alight.

I would imagine that if he broke records he would have been considered a good purchase.