Summer Transfer Window Thread 2015

Rich

The mighty don't often have far to fall from the European powerhouse that is Malaga, to be fair.

Also, do you support more teams than Lineker? I can't keep track anymore.

Hey, this is that year that we spent a lot of money to become an European powerhouse. :shifty:  And failed miserably.

And yes, I think it's established I do, a team for everywhere I lived pretty much. :shifty: 

To be fair you have some way to go to beat Lineker...so you at least support Feyenoord, Malaga, Doncaster? Who else?

What a signing for Stoke that is. Even more strange is the club's twitter doing a pun on Enter Shikari to announce it.

Unusually I liked a stat Sky pulled up earlier, Stoke now have the joint highest number of Champions League winners in the Premiership with 5. Granted there's fringe players like Bojan but still fun.

Does that include Chelsea? Because holy shit they're squad has been gutted since their Champions League win if that's the case!

Terry, Cahill, Ramires, Mikel,and Fabregas with Barcelona? That it for them?

• Like 1

Terry, Cahill, Ramires, Mikel,and Fabregas with Barcelona? That it for them?

Well, yeah. Think about it - most of our better players now are on the younger side (Hazard, Oscar, etc.). The only other player who is still around from then is Ivanovic.

Players from our 2011/12 senior squad who have left the club: Cech, Turnbull, Hilario, Cole, Luiz, Bosingwa, Ferreira, Hutchinson, Bertrand, Essien, Lampard, Mata, Malouda, Meireles, McEachran, Torres, Drogba, Kalou, Sturridge.

You could say that Oriol Romeu was on the bench at Munich and is still technically a Chelsea player...but I wouldn't count it. :shifty:

Edited by stokeriño

You could say that Oriol Romeu was on the bench at Munich and is still technically a Chelsea player...but I wouldn't count it. :shifty:

And on this note, Romeu is supposedly having a medical at Southampton ahead of a permanent transfer.

Edit: Oh, wait. This is now official. Fee of £5 million (same that we bought him for).

• Like 1

Erik Lamela has confirmed on twitter that Soldado is leaving. Pretty sure he's off to Villarreal. It's a shame it didn't work out for him at Spurs, came across as such a great guy, but it just didn't happen. Hope it does well back in Spain. 

Surely we'll bring in a striker in the next week or so, because we've only got Kane. I've read that N'Jie is all but confirmed to Spurs, but I could see him playing on the wing, as well as some back-up for Kane. 

Still think we've got a fair bit of business to do. We've sold a lot of players and still trying to get rid of others (Ade, Lennon), definitely seems like we were trying to sell before we buy. 

• Like 1

Tottenham's transfer business has been a bit weird.

Alderweireld is a good signing and Trippier should help at right back. But as Jimmy has pointed out it seems to be selling people before bringing them in. Three centre mids have departed and two centre backs (well one seen as though Alderweireld has come in)

A backup striker is definitely needed, if Kane gets an injury at the minute Spurs are going to be pretty fucked.

To be fair, Kevin Wimmer's also come in and he'll cover the other centre back position. But it looks like we're leaving our business needlessly late again. I would definitely hope to see a central midfielder come in. What we have at the moment just isn't enough. We've got some young players to cover other positions, and I'd expect someone like Pritchard to play a big part this season, but definitely feel like we'll be doing something on deadline day because we have 3 or 4 positions to fill. It's annoying because Poch had previously spoken about acting quickly in the market, and we've done almost the opposite since our few early bits of business.