2017 MLB Thread

Meacon Keaton

Yeaaaaaa!   Unforgettable performances by Didi and CC....HUGE hit by Gardner.  Unbelievable.

Onto Houston we go!  Lets go Yankees!

And now hopefully Aaron Judge's at bats can stop looking like me in Little League where just contact = success.

Was mostly rooting for Cleveland due to wanting to see Edwin get a ring. I actually think a Yankees/Astros series will be more fun. My anti-Yankees sentiment is still there, but they are a fun team.

1 minute ago, Forever Forky said:

Yes, that is my gimmick this year. Get your own! :angry: 

San Diego Padres fan: "Yes, that is my gimmick every year. Get your own! :angry:"

I hope beating Cleveland was enough to bring Girardi back next year. People are hard on him, but this was suppose to be a building year leading to a potential 2018 run. The fact that we're in the ALCS this year with a team that wasn't suppose to really hit their stride for another couple years is a testament to his managing. Everybody on the team seems to love him, and Todd Frazier even admitted that they all busted their asses a little more for him.

2 minutes ago, Ms. Canadian Destroyer said:

Was mostly rooting for Cleveland due to wanting to see Edwin get a ring. I actually think a Yankees/Astros series will be more fun. My anti-Yankees sentiment is still there, but they are a fun team.

San Diego Padres fan: "Yes, that is my gimmick every year. Get your own! :angry:"

Oh MCD, you so silly. San Diego fans are like Santa and the Easter Bunny....we've been told they exist but nobody has ever seen them. :P 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Forever Forky said:

Yes, that is my gimmick this year. Get your own! :angry: 

8 minutes ago, Ms. Canadian Destroyer said:

I too am going to call gimmick infringement on this.  :angry: I mean I default to negativity anyway but especially THIS year

• Giants getting blown out in Green Bay in January
  • The feel-good story of the Falcons winning their first SB instead turning into the greatest comeback in SB history orchestrated by a team everybody's sick of seeing win
  • UConn men's basketball sucking and not coming close to making the NCAA tourney
  • UConn women's basketball manages to lose the NCAA tourney despite a 111 game win streak and being record favorites
  • Cespedes and Syndergaard get hurt by the end of the end of April
  • The Knicks being the Knicks
  • NBA Finals being Warriors/Cavs for what feels like the 37th year in a row
  • Islanders regressed massively after their playoff run from the previous year, not even coming close to making it this year
  • The feel-good story of the Preds going for their first Stanley Cup Finals goes to waste in favor of a Penguins repeat
  • Mets gradually lose pretty much every player on their roster to injury
  • My local minor league hockey team folds
  • Knicks draft some guy I've never heard of
  • I almost completely check out of Mets baseball by the All Star Break, something I haven't done before even in previous years when they've been bad
  • One practice into training camp it's clear the Giants O-line is gonna suck
  • Mets trade most of their assets and all they get is a bunch of nondescript minor league relievers,  Jay Bruce ends up being a big part of a record 22 game win streak
  • Knicks finally trade Melo, but laughably get nothing for him after all of the speculation
  • Beckham gets hurt in preseason, the one player the Giants couldn't afford to lose under any circumstances
  • Mets stumble to a 70-92 finish
  • UConn football is terrible as ever, Randy Edsall who abandoned the team without warning in his first stint is treated like an upgrade
  • Islanders open the year with questions on whether or not they'll be able to keep their star player
  • Giants get off to an 0-5 start behind a terrible O-line and regressed defense
  • Almost impossibly, 4 of the 5 Giants receivers are hurt in the same game, 3 of them out for the season
  • Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie refuses to play in the second half and gets suspended
  • US men's soccer team fails to qualify for the World Cup despite there only being a 3% chance of them missing out

So yeah.........either the Nats or Yanks will be taking home the World Series this year.  It is written.

• Like 1

Hey, I was only including this in the baseball sense, and have you met my team? Cause if you did this year you probably beat them :P

Edit: The only other sport I watch is hockey and both my teams aren't bad so far and it's still early.

I've nothing to say about the Padres, other than that they had the worst looking uniforms.....until the Diamondbacks changed theirs this season. Padres' unis are generic. Diamondbacks' are UGHly.

Edited by GhostMachine

I liked the Padres' uniforms they had back in the 1990's, when their colors were navy, orange and white. Hat's the same as they have now, except the D was orange. I've seen minor league teams with more exciting uniforms than what the Padres have had the last several years.

1 hour ago, Maxx said:

I'm confused as to why they put yellow back into their uniforms last year only to remove it again this year.

It was to promote the ASG that they were hosting. It's amazing because it was such a good look and felt original where blue and white just feels like any old baseball team.