2017 MLB Thread

Meacon Keaton

Ryan Dempster pitched for Canada against the Dominican Republic in the WBC. It didn't go great. I didn't realize it, but fuckin' Eric Gagne of all people is on that same Canadian team. It's been nearly a decade since he last pitched regularly.

3 minutes ago, Cloudy said:

Ryan Dempster pitched for Canada against the Dominican Republic in the WBC. It didn't go great. I didn't realize it, but fuckin' Eric Gagne of all people is on that same Canadian team. It's been nearly a decade since he last pitched regularly.

I believe Dempster hasn't pitched in a couple years too

• Like 1

Just now, Meacon said:

He's gonna sell minor league tickets so they'll ride it as long as they can.

They've got Lagares and Conforto right there, I'm hoping one of them gets the starter spot instead of Timmy Two-Sport Failure. I'm half expecting Tebow to make the regular season roster just for the novelty of it.

The Mets have lost 14 players to the WBC (the most that the league allows per team) and they have a split squad today.  Teams have to send a certain number of actual big leaguers to road spring games, so that's where Lagares and Conforto are.  Overall they'll need to use like 20 minor leaguers to get through the games today.

So basically, if there was a day to throw Tebow into the outfield for the lawlz to get extra people into the park - this is it.  Doesn't hurt anybody.

Also, Blue Jays' TJ House was hit by a hard line drive that required him to be loaded into an ambulance on the field. Happened in the bottom of the 9th, rest of the game was called off afterward.