2017 MLB Thread

Meacon Keaton

21 hours ago, Busch Hernandez said:

The Padres have the most fucked up roster construction I've ever seen.

No true backup outfielders.
Four catchers.
Three Rule 5 Draft picks, including two who have never played above Rookie ball.

They're as much of a slam dunk 100 loss team as I've ever seen.

And they made the horrible decision to remove all the color from their uniforms and go back to their incredibly drab, boring look.  Fitting for a team that seems to barely care.

I feel like if enough of us tried out for the Padres, there's a good chance at least one or two of us could get signed.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Maxx said:

And they made the horrible decision to remove all the color from their uniforms and go back to their incredibly drab, boring look.  Fitting for a team that seems to barely care.

I know the brown and mustard is a cult favorite but I thought the color scheme they had last year worked great and should have stuck around.

Yeah, that's what I was referring to.  I'm not even sure they are doing the brown and mustard except on really rare occassions.  Doing the military one, but beyond that their uniforms this year are this bland garbage.

padres-2017-f.png

I'd agree.  I can't believe they switched back to it after moving to this last season

2016-san-diego-padres_16g09mihno1fzypbsp

Such an improvement!  Colors!  Holy shit!

The only good thing I will say about their uniforms this year is that they look less dumb than their sand colored ones from 10 years ago.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Meacon said:

I'd argue the pinstripes of this Cleveland Naps uniform, circa 1910, makes this uniform even less boring than the uniforms of the 2017 Fathers.

When I first heard that they used to be called the Naps, I have no idea why, but I just assumed it was a racist thing. Nope, just the name of some guy. I don't know, I always just thought it sounds like a derogatory term.

Also, that Stephen Piscotty thing sucks for Piscotty but yeah, it hilarious.

Also, let's just give a "Hallelujah" for baseball being back and on every day.

• Like 1

Soooo.. Ian Kahaloa, a Reds prospect, posted a video on his Snapchat of what appears to be him snorting coke.

http://deadspin.com/reds-prospect-posts-video-of-himself-snorting-what-appe-1794073557

If you have about 200 games a season and then 80 playseries games to determine the World Universe Champions, when do they find the time to have a preseason? 

15 minutes ago, MDK said:

If you have about 200 games a season and then 80 playseries games to determine the World Universe Champions, when do they find the time to have a preseason? 

Smarch. Lots of games get cancelled though because of the lousy Smarch weather.

• Like 4