2017 MLB Thread

Meacon Keaton

God I remember having all three of the Generation K rookie cards thinking those would be what I could retire on.

I give the Orioles a ton of crap for not developing pitchers well, but the intent of training them to not hurt themselves kinda makes sense. Obviously it means guys are overthinking their delivery since for all their career until being in the organization they're taught to throw one way. It's why Arrieta was so erratic here and why Gausman is erratic now. Time will tell on Bundy.

Can't believe Sale threw at Machado. There needs to bigger repercussions for throwing at a player. It's pretty unacceptable. Especially in this situation when Pedroia condemned his team for throwing at Manny the last time.

Also, it boggles the mind that the Adam Jones situation is occurring in 2017. Couple of interesting tweets regarding Sabathia's experience as a black player. 

Also, that is not to condemn Boston fans exclusively either. Pretty sure Jones said people yelled racist remarks at he and Kim when someone threw a beer can at Kim in the playoffs last year.

• Like 1

And then last night Gausman gets ejected for an errant slider that hit Boagerts, and later in the game Jones got tossed for muttering about balls and strikes. Sam Holbrook could not have possibly handled the situation any more poorly. I hope for his sake at the end of the season 1 game doesn't separate these teams in the standings.

Sale's pitch was in retaliation to one of/both of Mookie Betts getting hit and Machado taking an extra slow home run trot on Monday.  Which was in retaliation to Barnes buzzing Machado.  Which was in retaliation to Machado taking out Pedroia by accident.

The whole thing has been a clusterfuck.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Meacon said:

I just wish Boston and Baltimore would quit acting like fucking babies. Meet in a parking lot and throw some fists if you all think you're tough. If not, get the fuck out of the way, cuz it's Yankee time babay. (H)

So the Yankees are finishing third, got it

• Like 2

Just about every member of the 2004 Red Sox was thought to be bulletproof in Boston.  Never would have to buy a drink in Boston and can do whatever they want - especially the players who had really key roles in the World Series run, Schilling and his bloody sock very much a part of that group.

Despite having that going for him along with beating cancer twice and having a rather badass vigilante story to track down his daughter's internet troll......he's managed to piss away nearly all of that goodwill with the people New England.  It's really remarkable.

When #BROKEN Matt Harvey said after his last start that he felt great despite giving up 6 runs, I knew something was up.  The old Harvey would be visibly frustrated after giving up only 1 run.

Something's going on with him.  Nobody who's had the Thoracic Outlet Syndrome surgery has ever really recovered from it.  So now that the 9-figure contract after 2018 that once seemed inevitable is now no longer in the cards, he's just checked out.