2017 MLB Thread

Meacon Keaton

Just now, Meacon said:

To be fair, this is much more than your average game.

I'm just talking about the average opening ceremony stuff. It feels like it drags on for fucking ever.

This is like a week old but it made me laugh, Houston's mascot after a George Springer walk off

Should be going to see a Rangers/Angels game at the end of this month.

• Like 3

The Marlins are going to be building a bronze statue of Jose Fernandez at their park.

I get that he was an amazing pitcher who died way, way too young and the whole thing was a tragic accident.....but the guy killed two people and himself.  I can't see how this isn't in poor taste.

My dad is such a dork. We were talking about going to our first game of the season and where we wanted to sit. I suggested just hitting the bleachers this time could be fun. So he asked me if I would throw it back if I caught a HR ball from the other team. I said HELL NO! So he said "Yeah we aren't ever sitting in the bleachers" :lol: 

• Like 2

It's the second week of the season and Terry Collins has already cost the Mets three games with horrific bullpen management.

What's that?  Jacob deGrom just struck out the side in the 7th and has a manageable pitch count?  Nope need to coddle our starters early in the season, so let's bring in Fernando Salas for his 8th appearance in 12 games.  Oh look at that, he blew it.  Sorry to waste your 13 strikeout game, Jake!

I hope to hell he retires before Amed Rosario and Dom Smith are up, if his handling of Michael Conforto is any indication he'll have them rotting on the bench half the time.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure everyone else needs to seize the opportunity to win a World Series in 2017 or 2018 - because once Harper and Machado are Yankees they're gonna run the league for a while.  They'll probably sign one of the starting pitchers from that loaded free agent class too.

On 4/14/2017 at 18:11, Busch Hernandez said:

The Marlins are going to be building a bronze statue of Jose Fernandez at their park.

I get that he was an amazing pitcher who died way, way too young and the whole thing was a tragic accident.....but the guy killed two people and himself.  I can't see how this isn't in poor taste.

Statues should only be built of legends, whether its a player, owner or a coach. Not someone who died young, didn't play long, and didn't get to live up to their full potential. I could see it *maybe* if he had died playing the game, but under the circumstances he died under....no.

Oh, and what Meacon said about Bryce Harper? Hopefully the Red Sox jump in and go after him. If there's any justice, the curse is now on the Yankees, except this time it'll take 80+ years to even make it to the World Series!

I could see the bidding war for Harper going to astronomical levels. For Machado, and his 2 knee injuries, I don't see it going to the same heights. As a result more teams will be in on him, and also the Yankees have such a loaded farm system that might say "pass" on Manny. But no way do they pass on Harper, unless LA outbids them which is entirely possible.

It seems like every team's had their problems with Bucknor's officiating. You'd think by now MLB would be like "hey, maybe there's something to these complaints" and fire the guy, but nope, I guess 20 years of service buys you some protection.