2017 MLB Thread

Meacon Keaton

It sort of feels like this is the year where people will start to see how fun the tournament is. The Dominican Republic team looks like they are having a blast based on the social media stuff. I could see the next one being pretty well attended. I think we'll always get folks sitting out based on the timing of it though,

Apparently there was some sort of brawl in the stands during the PR game in Mexico, that took place near where the player's families were seated. The PR team cleared the dugout to see what was going on and check on their families.

Bartolo Hernandez, an MLB agent, and Julio Estrada, a trainer, were found guilty of conspiracy charges and smuggling aliens into the country.

Wednesday afternoon, after a nearly two month trial, 12 jurors found Hernandez and Estrada guilty of conspiracy and alien smuggling charges. Hernandez, charged with two counts, faces a maximum prison sentence of 15 years. Estrada, charged with four counts, is looking at 35 years maximum in prison.

The newest - and last - report on the Jose Fernandez crash states that he was driving the boat, and operating it at top speed. 

http://deadspin.com/investigators-jose-fernandez-was-intoxicated-and-drivi-1793332596

This bit's kind of grisly, so I'll hide it behind a tag:

Spoiler

An investigator said he was “unable to confirm [Fernández’s] identity through his drivers license photo due to face trauma, but located a Major League Baseball identification card inside his wallet.” The investigator googled photos of Jose Fernández’s tattoos, and was able to identify him that way.

I love that video. It's always funny to hear people that think they can catch fly balls, snag line drivers, or hit 85+ mph pitching. It's like professional golfers. The pros make it look so easy that your average Joe just thinks they're capable of doing it too.

• Like 1

Can't wait for someone to do this in regular season and there be hot takes about bat flipping, respect, blah blah blah. <_<

• Like 1

That Yadi play at first base last night on Profar was a thing of beauty.

Also, yeah, I fucking love how much some of these countries are into the game. Fuck anything about unwritten rules. Baseball is fun, so people should play like it's fun.

• Like 5