2017 Music Thread

RPS

I don't think it's bad but their evolution into more an arena-oriented sound is strange. It makes sense but I would not have expected this to be the direction they went with it 10 years ago.

What is fantastic though? The War on Drugs.

On 6/5/2017 at 10:30, VerbalPuke said:

New Gogol Bordello. Not sure if I like it that much.

Am I imagining things or did a bunch of really key people leave the band, like with pretty much just Eugene with a new band being the new Gogol bordello

Edit: yeah, a lot of original people left over the past few years, too bad the new incarnation isn't as good

From what I've seen they've changed members a few times. The live shows I have seen had the current line up and they were incredible. I know Eugene, the violin guy, and one of the dancing girls are still there from the beginning (i think). 

The album prior to this wasn't bad, and I haven't heard anything other than that one track. The rest might be good but I don't know yet.

• 1 month later...

I will ignore Arcade Fire's Everything Now when I mention they are my favourite band. Thirteen tracks, with probably two being actually any good. It's their shortest album, and if you cut anything filler or naff (the Infinite Contents, Everything Now Reprise etc) then it probably just breaks forty minutes. Lyrics are shallow, with the anti-capitalist theme coming across as them just reading ideas off a mind map.

But they might not be my favourite band anymore after they asked £65 for standing at a gig.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Kesha's "Praying" is really good. I heard it for the first time today, and also found out that her new album has a song with Dolly Parton (!) on it.

Jam-packed day of new music with new Queens of the Stone Age, War on Drugs and BROCKHAMPTON. :wub:

Really digging the new QOTSA album especially (haven't gotten to the other two yet). 

Edited by livid