WWE 2K18

Kyle

24 minutes ago, =BK= said:

Is there still no option to turn commentary off?

There is an option to turn commentary off, isn't there, in the volume section? I don't think it's changed from last year, though, so if that turns off other sounds too, then I dunno.

I think I finished the 'main' part of the My Career story.

It's so dumb. Honestly, the weird kayfabe but not approach just makes everything fucking weird. I think the last three months of it was basically me apparently going out to deliver shoot promos on live TV every week.

And this fucking producer with his silly "Smack Dab" shit. Shut up, pal.

So...I really haven't had a match end without using a finisher. I had a guy in purple yesterday and he kicked outta everything. Then a second finisher put him away. 

I swear the game gets into this weird mode where you're not winning without a ball ache. One match has two pretty equal guys, one finisher and done. 

Match two is a pretty big gap in the wrestlers overall rating. This match needs two finishers, two signatures. He kicked out of two signatures and one finisher. 

Are some finishing moves more powerful than others? How would you even know?

• Like 1

The most recent patch (Version 1.04) made the entrances/music/titan trons for the NXT DLC hidden once again, but CAWs who had that stuff assigned to them before the most 1.04 patch will still use it. They even fixed Elias' tron to be his main roster tron (the initial one said Elias Samson).

Speaking of Elias, the soon to be DLC version of him has also been spotted in Career mode.

Universe Mode is now convinced that every PPV is WrestleMania, as every time Undertaker loses I get a news item saying 'Undertaker loses at WrestleMania!!! shocking!!!'

I simulated too much and now Darren Young is Universal Champ.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Owen said:

Universe Mode is now convinced that every PPV is WrestleMania, as every time Undertaker loses I get a news item saying 'Undertaker loses at WrestleMania!!! shocking!!!'

I simulated too much and now Darren Young is Universal Champ.

That's what happens when you take days off.

• Like 7

In my player mode, my player is still pretty weak and I have to win the Royal Rumble from number 1.

5 days I've been trying and I can't progress without winning it, at least a 3 star match and eliminate at least 10.

Any tips?

2 hours ago, Nelson said:

In my player mode, my player is still pretty weak and I have to win the Royal Rumble from number 1.

5 days I've been trying and I can't progress without winning it, at least a 3 star match and eliminate at least 10.

Any tips?

Ha Ha! 

(Sorry...I don't have any tips because i haven't gone that far in my career)

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Nelson said:

Any tips?

Never mind, done it!

I was skeptical about the Rumbles from seeing the videos, and it's clear the CPU logic for tag teams/stables not going after each other doesn't actually work.  But the actual match itself is way more challenging than in years previous, and in a good way.  I used to win from #1 with regularity because the elimination mini games were all so easy, both to eliminate people as well as to stay in the match.  I'd only ever get eliminated if somebody gave me a Rumble finisher and I wasn't able to reverse it on time.

Now I find that the mini games present a real challenge.  A stored finisher isn't an automatic escape anymore, at least it isn't if I'm damaged badly enough.  And even if the flash eliminations don't always yield the most realistic results, it produces a fun element to the match.  Hell Braun ot eliminated out of nowhere by a Corbin clothesline this year, so I don't mind stuff like that being in the mode.  It makes the match way harder to win.

The furthest I've gone so far was 25 or so entrants deep with a Kenny Omega CAW.  Tried using Bryan yesterday and got dumped out after 13 entrants.  I decided to assume control of #14 who wound up being Jimmy Uso and I won as him by the skin of my teeth.  Retro Kane had me up against the ropes and was going to try to clothesline me out but I managed to reverse it into a back body drop to win the match and I popped huge.

• Like 2