UEFA Champions League 2018/19

Lineker

5 hours ago, Gazz said:

They'll never win the Champions League anyway because the uncompetitiveness of Ligue Un doesn't prepare them for the challenge of the Champions League. You could see it all through the game last night, simple mistakes, bad habits and lazy play that you can get away with when you're tonking barely Championship standard Nimes and Amiens 5-0 every week because you're not getting punished for those mistakes. How many times last night did Liverpool play out from the back and the PSG front three was stood forty yards away from their midfield, watching them play through them under zero pressure?

They're just a more expensive Celtic.

Jonathan Wilson from The Guardian wrote a good article about them. They just assumed that front three cause they can score goals against random poor French teams they can do it. They just didn't have an answer whenever the full backs pressed up the pitch it caught then off guard. 

Tuchel baffled me with his comments of the score didn't reflect the story of the game. I thought they were piss poor. 

• Admin

Cristiano Ronaldo should be available to face Manchester United in the Champions League next month because the Juventus forward is set to receive only a one-match ban for his red card in Wednesday’s Champions League win over Valencia. Ronaldo will be ruled out of Juve’s second Group H match, at home to Young Boys, and Uefa can extend the sanction if it deems the offence serious. It is understood, though, that the former United player will escape this.

On 20/09/2018 at 17:50, MexicoJack said:

It's fine, the name's ironic. They actually have a higher average age than Newell's Old Boys of Argentina.

Watching the highlights of the youth tournament match between the two teams as I type this.

"United will find out what young boys of Switzerland are really made of." 

• Haha 1

• Admin

Uefa has announced that it would begin using video assistant referees (VAR) in next season’s Champions League, after a debut in the Super Cup. It also approved the use of VAR for the 2020 European Championship and the 2020-21 Europa League. The first Uefa game using technological help for referees is expected to be 14 August 2019 in the Super Cup between this season’s Champions League and Europa League winners in Istanbul. It will then be used from the play-off stage onwards of the 2019-20 Champions League.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MDK said:

Sacking Jose would be a knee jerk decision and I think they need to offer him a huge new contract.

Think he should get a stand named after him too.