UEFA Europa League 2023/24

Lineker

Hope all the Liverpool fans were in their seats early for both halves! 3 goals in the first 10 minutes, and 2 inside the first 6 of the second half. Liverpool were genuinely outplayed last week, the scoreline grossly flattered us. Tonight is a very different story.

This is amazing 🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Not being biased but feels like the Europa League has been a more fin competition than the Champions League this season. 

The last 16 games I watched felt very paint by numbers

One step closer to Dublin though. UEFA have already peddled out the ticketless fans line in the media.... 

10 hours ago, DavidMarrio said:

One step closer to Dublin though. UEFA have already peddled out the ticketless fans line in the media.... 

Dublin expensive and a bit crap should put most people off. :shifty:

2 hours ago, Hobo said:

Dublin expensive and a bit crap should put most people off. :shifty:

I fully expect at least one person to try and travel via a dinghy across the Mersey and Irish sea. 

I fully expect that draw to result in a Liverpool vs. Leverkusen or Milan final, but pulling for West Ham to go back to back in Europe and into the Champion's League!

• Like 1

We've been consistently incredibly shit playing in Italy, so Atalanta could definitely surprise us! But it's definitely hard to see us going out before the Finals. It's very easy to predict a fitting Final of Klopp vs his potential replacement, but AC Milan absolutely could have something to say about that!

26 minutes ago, Szumi said:

We've been consistently incredibly shit playing in Italy, so Atalanta could definitely surprise us! But it's definitely hard to see us going out before the Finals. It's very easy to predict a fitting Final of Klopp vs his potential replacement, but AC Milan absolutely could have something to say about that!

Napoli is making you think that. Cause we've been solid against other teams bar a defeat to Roma (but we battered them at Anfield) 

Perfect draw for me. Avoids Leverkusen and I think Milan is the other one to worry about. 

5 hours ago, Bobfoc said:

Liverpool v Milan would be an interesting setting for a replay of the two Champions League finals, only in the Europa League. It would be like watching Hogan v Flair in TNA.

At least it would be better than watching Hogan v Flair on the Hulkamania Tour.

• 4 weeks later...

Least the two games against United was piss poor finishing. 

That was just piss poor all round. Possibly the worst performance in a few years that. It's weird cause I've not come away from the ground thinking we've been outplayed here. Thought they were solid and that's it.

Instead I've come away feeling all 3 goals were avoidable, no one was making any movement and the tempo was slow and thay we just couldn't kick a ball to anyone in a red shirt properly

• Like 1