UEFA Champions League 2023/24

Lineker

4 hours ago, Benjamin said:

Absolutely love how Man City got their favourite whooping boys and a team Joe Cole was terrified to try and pronounce. 

I mean there was pretty much a 75% chance of anyone getting that, the foreign presenters had to correct Noocarsel for him.

Sevilla are in a decent spot to finish 3rd in that group and then go on to win the Europa League once more.

Honestly, even though I won't be attending any of the matches that group rules for Newcastle supporters. Get to see some real top matches. Also helps us get back next year by getting eliminated early in this one...

I'm delighted, mainly because this should confirm our Brentford game moving to the Saturday when I'm already at a festival in Newcastle to save me two trips...

Would love to do an away game but I've already booked flights and hotels for the Euros next year, I can't scrape that much money. Looking forward to the home games though.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Baddar said:

What a dribble from Leao, looked like scoring an all time CL goal, then fell on his arse.

Shocking decision trying to back heel it. He'll be getting roasted in training all season for that.

7 hours ago, Colly said:

There were loads of bits where Milan just seemed happy with the point, playing it around the back or dallying on goal kicks. Weird really.

They seem to have no motivation to play at all. Watching them in the Milan derby, you'd think they were forced to be there. 

Obviously understand the pragmatism of why teams in the prem play with a low block etc but that game last night was so much more fun to watch than the Everton game. Havertz looked like he's settling in more so not too worried there, if the front 3 are gonna cook like that on the regular. Saliba, Odegaard, Trossard all amazing. PSV aren't maybe the strongest team but fair play to them for having a go of it.