Euro 2020 qualifiers

Lineker

46 minutes ago, Kaney said:

It would be peak Scotland to finally qualify for a tournament that gets cancelled.

It won't get cancelled this time. I don't see it taking place in 12 countries as scheduled though - I can see Germany or England (and Scotland?) hosting the whole thing.

• Like 1

My first thought was that there's no way Germany get it ahead of England, purely based on their hosting of the 2006 World Cup. Then I remembered how badly we're bungling our COVID-19 response when compared to the Germans and douche canoeing our way over the Brexit waterfall at the end of the year.

2 hours ago, Naitch said:

My first thought was that there's no way Germany get it ahead of England, purely based on their hosting of the 2006 World Cup. Then I remembered how badly we're bungling our COVID-19 response when compared to the Germans and douche canoeing our way over the Brexit waterfall at the end of the year.

It wouldn't surprise me. Germany are much further on in terms of getting people back in stadiums too. And the difference between tournaments doesn't really matter either - Mexico held two World Cups in 16 years due to Colombia cancelling in 1986.

I would almost expect there to be a bubble set-up next summer. Doesn't mean just one country is the host though. The knockouts would likely occur similar to how the Champions League did in August, in a city with multiple stadiums. The groups could occur in a city with one stadium since teams need days off.

• 1 month later...