Gogglebox

kingtut307

21 hours ago, Lineker said:

The reason is that it's shite <_< 

Loads of shite shows hits double-digit series - just look at Big Bang Theory.

LOL any recommendations for other British shows?  I appreciate the sensibilities/perspectives, I guess.  There's a really shitty American version - I think it's The People's Couch :(

7 hours ago, metalman said:

This is why no one likes you Brits. Someone's trying to find out more about your culture and is met with nothing but negativity. Such bloody miserable people.

But yeah Gogglebox is shite.

LOL thanks - my best friend goes over for work and came back introducing me to those shows and Nando's.   I was just curious because I remember a lot of people from the UK posting here when I was a regular 15 years ago or so.  

19 hours ago, Liam Mk2 said:

If you want more British TV shows, watch Taskmaster and Would I Lie to You.

Thanks!  I'll check them out - I've seen a few shows through Gogglebox I want to find - Gavin & Stacey and Eastenders.  Opinions?  

On 03/04/2020 at 21:05, Josh Mulaney said:

Only Connect

QI

8 Out of 10 Cats Does Countdown

Richard Osman’s House of Games

Pointless

Would I Lie to You?

Taskmaster

Travel Man

Upstart Crow

I loooooooooove 8 Out Of 10 Cats Does Countdown - thankfully someone puts up the new episodes in full on YouTube.  I've been going back and watching old ones, too.

I'll check into these other shows - I've had a lot of luck with DailyMotion.

On 03/04/2020 at 16:03, Cymbols said:

I know I might be a stereotype, but Gavin and Stacey is the best.

I watched the reunion after it was on Gogglebox and liked it but could tell I needed to go back and watch old episodes to get some of the jokes.

On 03/04/2020 at 15:44, Liam Mk2 said:

Pointless.

I miss regularly scheduled British TV as US TV is fucking shit.

Yeah, there's not a whole lot I really like right now - I finished Mr. Robot and Bojack Horseman.  I really like Westworld but I can't say there's much else I'm really enjoying in US TV right now.  

Gogglebox is BRILLIANT and consistently one of the funniest things on TV, and i'm deeply suspicious of anyone that says it's shite and presume they haven't actually watched it and have just thought 'oh it's a show about people watching TV, must be bad'.

If you love 8 Out of 10 Cats then you MUST watch Taskmaster. The perfect TV show for quarantimes, just pure hilarity and escapism. I believe it's on YouTube now. 

14 hours ago, Lineker said:

idk if you can get Britbox overseas, but it sounds just like what OP wants.

I downloaded it on my Roku but I didn't know it was a subscription service - I'm going to look more into it...

16 hours ago, Jook said:

Gogglebox is BRILLIANT and consistently one of the funniest things on TV, and i'm deeply suspicious of anyone that says it's shite and presume they haven't actually watched it and have just thought 'oh it's a show about people watching TV, must be bad'.

If you love 8 Out of 10 Cats then you MUST watch Taskmaster. The perfect TV show for quarantimes, just pure hilarity and escapism. I believe it's on YouTube now. 

I loooooove 8 Out Of 10 Cats - Jimmy Carr hosted a few shows that aired here on Comedy Central that I just didn't appreciate at the time. I'm gonna check out Taskmaster now.

The nonsense of spending 15-20 minutes of the show doing things that have nothing to do with the show just tickle me - Richard Ayoade's appearances crack me up.  

23 hours ago, kingtut307 said:

I loooooooooove 8 Out Of 10 Cats Does Countdown - thankfully someone puts up the new episodes in full on YouTube.  I've been going back and watching old ones, too.

I'll check into these other shows - I've had a lot of luck with DailyMotion.

I watched the reunion after it was on Gogglebox and liked it but could tell I needed to go back and watch old episodes to get some of the jokes.

Yeah, there's not a whole lot I really like right now - I finished Mr. Robot and Bojack Horseman.  I really like Westworld but I can't say there's much else I'm really enjoying in US TV right now.  

Only Connect, House of Games, Would I Lie to You?, and Taskmaster are all available on YouTube in the US. Taskmaster and WILTY are likely right in your wheelhouse. Only Connect is more like an esoteric Jeopardy in teams, but fun if you just like playing along. House of Games is a trivia show that lives in between those worlds.