NHL 2021

SeanDMan

There were no deals made with the Kraken to select specific players or refrain from selecting specific players. The trades that will be announced starting in 20 minutes are all players Seattle drafted going to other teams.

Tyler Pitlick is supposedly headed to Calgary from Seattle. Yawn. Treliving has $6.7 million open from losing Giordano and he's just letting Edmonton have Zach Hyman. Ridiculous. Hyman should be getting the same offer from the Flames.

Uncle Lou, on the Island, apparently is targeting Landeskog above the rumored Suter/Parise tandem. He has history with the duo, but Landeskog is a game-changer, and they just aren't anymore. Plus, they are apparently a locker room issue anyways. Calgary was never going to be able to do anything with him, so just get him out of our division Lou.

Not a lot going on right now, but it's the calm before what promises to be an epic storm over the next week and a half.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gabriel said:

Oh, and Detroit pulled Calder Finalist Nedeljkovic from the Hurricanes in exchange for the rights to Jonathan Bernier and a 3rd Round Pick.

What the hell, Carolina?

They probably think Bernier is still a hot prospect in the Kings system, feels like he will eternally be that lmao

8 hours ago, Gabriel said:

Tyler Pitlick is supposedly headed to Calgary from Seattle. Yawn. Treliving has $6.7 million open from losing Giordano and he's just letting Edmonton have Zach Hyman. Ridiculous. Hyman should be getting the same offer from the Flames.

Uncle Lou, on the Island, apparently is targeting Landeskog above the rumored Suter/Parise tandem. He has history with the duo, but Landeskog is a game-changer, and they just aren't anymore. Plus, they are apparently a locker room issue anyways. Calgary was never going to be able to do anything with him, so just get him out of our division Lou.

Not a lot going on right now, but it's the calm before what promises to be an epic storm over the next week and a half.

Anyone who signs Hyman to the rumored contract that the Oilers are thinking (40 over 7/8 years) is going to have a bad time around year 3 or 4. 

With that as a benchmark Sabres might be able to procure 3 1st round picks for Eichel.

Speaking of Eichel I see, yet again, hockey writers are saying "Montreal is a dark horse" since they know that drives engagement. So funny. I can count on one hand the number of players the Habs haven't been linked with. They're in the mix for everyone simply by existing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ruki Returns said:

All 3 big trades today have just been dumb.

Yeah they're all huge overpayments. Giving Seth Jones this deal when he's never been elite according to analytics is silly. I get there's a balance between eye test and analytics but this totally ignores them and straps Chicago to a likely highly overpaid blueliner for far too long.

What the hell was the entire front office thinking? Like, I knew someone would draft him at some point this weekend (presumed in one of the later rounds a la the NFL) to hold onto his rights since the league just shrugged and kept him on the eligibility list but sure would've been nice if no one did.

Also, as long as people continue to show up for their teams and put all blame on Montreal as opposed to the league and systems that made this possible, this will keep happening in the sport. The existential threat of people being done with hockey as a whole is the only thing that will get people off their asses to fix it. Otherwise events like this shift into the tribalism of "what is (this team that's not mine) doing?" or "very disappointed in (my team) and I'll let them hear it". You either change the culture of the entire sport by walking away and forcing their hand, or you cause one team to go on a PR offensive and let time gloss over the anger.

I doubt most hockey fans, based on my experience with other sports, will give up on the NHL as a whole to force a change.