Games Wot I (or We) Complete in 2022

Liam

On 04/12/2022 at 13:03, BuddyAwesome said:

Decided to upgrade to PS Plus Premium, and as such beat a game I've been wanting to play since I tried the demo years ago: Asura's Wrath. Fantastic game. I know this definitely won't be everyone's cup of tea but to me it was just fun! Didn't want to put it down and while the boss battles may be mostly QTE's they are huge and epic. Very glad I finally got to this one. Now i can start God Of War Ragnarok!

Was that the game the actual ending was DLC?

Got into the groove with GOTG eventually!

Spoiler

Oh man the plasma weapon would have been so useful so many times earlier on in the game. Just beat Fin Fang Foom, so on the home stretch. Such a good game when you actually get on board with the character bantering, clearly wasn't in the right head space for it first time round. Drax was great that whole last level.

Trophy-wise I've missed so damn many collectibles I think, if the number I've seen is right I'm way off on the archives and need most of the Guardians collectibles and outfits. Charged shots do not wanna work for me so I'll have to make an effort at trying those, then it's just the Call to Action ones as I don't think there was a single occasion I had the right person do the right type of enemy.

Finished up God of War Ragnarok. I sort of thought it was shorter than the 2018 one and felt less epic in a way? But I still loved it to bits. Went into it straight after Elden Ring and I found the combat a million bazillion times more satisfying and enjoyable.

Spoiler

I was so focused on the 'Loki' side of the lore and expected some twist of Odin being Atreus real father, and thought they were heavily leaning towards Atreus dying at the end (especially since Freya is essentially the same moveset and skills) so I was very blindsided with Brok.

Gameplay wise was more of the same which I'm happy with but I felt it was starting to seem samey. Thinking back to the original trilogy, you fought cyclopses, minotaurs, gorgons, satyrs, all sorts of different kinds of monsters whereas in this it felt like all you ever saw were humans and the grims, spitting fuckers whatever they're called. With the odd dark elf here and there. Even the setpieces were few and far between, after a few days removed all I can remember being an epic boss was the Nidhogg one?

Still loved it and would kill for a third but I've read this is supposed to be the end of the norse saga which is a shame but eh. If they continue with Egypt or Mayan or something it'll still be fucking excellent.

• Like 1

High on Life was a lot of fun and I don't think you have to be a Rick and Morty fan to enjoy it. The concept of your guns being living breathing characters was interesting and I enjoyed their individual voice acting. Good humor and the different ways you could move around was cool. Highly recommend giving it a try if you have Game pass

• Like 2

I don't think I'll be beating any more games this year, so here is the final list of games that I beat this year. I really appreciate this thread, as I forgot about a lot of these. In order of favs...

1. God of War Ragnarok

2. Tunic

3. Ruined King: A League of Legends Story

4. Soul Hackers 2

5. Lost Judgement

6. Judgement

7.  Triangle Strategy

8. FUGA Melodies Of Steel

9. Pathfinder Kingmaker

10. Horizon Forbidden West

11. Rachet And Clank Rift Apart

12.  Tales of Arise