Games Wot I (or We) Complete in 2022

Liam

1 hour ago, ChrisSteeleAteMyHamster said:

I'm working through Heavy Rain at the moment, which has a lot of those similar decisions to make.

About to start Road 96 this week, definitely looking forward to that!

Nice, Heavy Rain was pretty awesome!!!

• Like 1

Heavy Rain was such an awesome game. First playthrough is always the true playthrough for the choices you made. Shows also our own psyche in a way.

Press (X)

*presses (X)*

Sean...Sean...Sean...Sean...

Such a fantastic story and characters acted really well. Emotional in many ways. Plot a lot like a SAW film. What would you do for the one you love the most?! How far would you go?! So epic. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I also completed Bear in the Big Blue House for PS1 twice. I did it for my channel but lost the recording because OBS decided to be a pain in the ass and freeze up on me so I did it all over again. Each playthrough only took about 20 minutes each. It's a game for babies, what do you expect.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TheGrandAvatar said:

Heavy Rain was such an awesome game. First playthrough is always the true playthrough for the choices you made. Shows also our own psyche in a way.

Press (X)

*presses (X)*

Sean...Sean...Sean...Sean...

Such a fantastic story and characters acted really well. Emotional in many ways. Plot a lot like a SAW film. What would you do for the one you love the most?! How far would you go?! So epic. 

I played it yeeeears ago when it first came out and was really singing its' praises in the forum back then. Thing is, it's been a dozen years since I played it so I've forgotten most of the chapters and am enjoying discovering the game all over again.

I definitely agree that first playthrough is the canonical story though. On our channel I play a lot of story/decision-based games and definitely follow that mentality. Until Dawn, Man of Medan, Detroit, Heavy Rain and now Road 96 all provide me with that first "true" ending.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Platinumed Jedi Fallen Order, completed the majority off the main story previously, just had the last section and the collectibles to deal with. Really enjoyable game when focusing JUST on the story, the game started getting tedious, when having to go round all the maps, trying to find the seeds, chests, secrets, echo's etc. For anyone trying to complete the game and go for the platinum for it would be to make sure you can SCAN every enemy, mainly the bounty hunters, I completed them all and was adamant I scanned them all and in the post game the bounty hunters are RNG. I finally got the last one the Bogano

I finally got around to playing Road 96 last night. Finished the whole thing in one night so it's not a time killer but I really enjoyed it. I think I'm starting to gravitate more to narrative focused things like this where it's less about your twitch reflexes and more about your choices and puzzle solving.

• Like 2

So I started Deathloop after finally putting Elden Ring to rest (temporarily). It's a decent change of pace and so far I really like the design of just trying out different paths until something works. As I pick up better loadouts I assume the game will let me have more varying strategies besides "oh god please don't see me".

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Finally got around to sitting down and playing God Of War, really enjoyed the story currently going through some post game grind, I've already completed 6 of the Valkyries which without a shadow of a doubt have been the hardest fights in the game 

• Like 1

Yakuza 3

Enjoyable because it's Yakuza but it's the weakest I've played in terms of the story and the combat i.e every boss just blocks everything so the battles get dragged out

• Like 5

2 hours ago, DavidMarrio said:

Yakuza 3

Enjoyable because it's Yakuza but it's the weakest I've played in terms of the story and the combat i.e every boss just blocks everything so the battles get dragged out

Oh hey, you're done the worst one in the series!

• 3 weeks later...

Oh, I recently finished all 4 of the New Super Mario Bros games. NSMB 2 is pretty rubbish.

Simpsons Hit and Run I also completed recently too, the last mission was easier than I remember but there was a lot of missions that were totally so much harder, as I made a point to not skip any missions (which I imagine I did any other time I played it).

Just finished a playthrough of Man Of Medan. Very fun little game! Now I'm debating if I want to jump right into Little Hope or play something different. Maybe Rise of the Tomb Raider or Assassin's Creed Rogue remastered. Maybe Stray?

I'm working on Days Gone and, has anyone beaten this? I want to complete it because it's been interesting enough but my god, the game just seems to drag. And from I've gathered the game is supposed to be pretty great, it just hasn't really clinched me.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Liam said:

I completed Xenoblade Chronicles. Go me.

I tried to get into Xenoblade 2, but I couldn't do it. The combat was just... so chaotic. And there were so many voicelines going at the same time. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ruki said:

I tried to get into Xenoblade 2, but I couldn't do it. The combat was just... so chaotic. And there were so many voicelines going at the same time. 

I own all 3 now so will move onto 2 next. However, I remember playing it a bit when I first got it and I wasn't as into it as I got into XC - will have to give it another go.

• 2 weeks later...
On 22/08/2022 at 01:23, Ruki said:

I'm a couple of hours in and there are just so many systems to keep track of.

It doesn't help that I'm playing it alongside Atelier Ayesha which is a much more sedate experience.