Games Wot I (or We) Complete in 2022

Liam

This is created in an attempt to stick to a resolution for 2022 - I can only buy a new game if/when I complete a game I already own. It was a decision based around the fact that I buy loads of games and then rarely play a vast majority of them.

I begin the topic now because...I completed my first game!

header.jpg?t=1612858122

Ori and the Blind Forest

This had always been a fun game to play, but I was always getting easily frustrated by many of the more complex platforming sections. It didn't help that I always struggled with the skill that allowed you to use the projectiles of bad guys against them, something which was pretty integral to progression. By then end, I'd died just under 700 times...

What did I buy?

Spoiler

SQ_NSwitchDS_WhatTheGolf.jpg

I'd liked the look of this for a while, it was on sale and a little on the short side to complete (but long if you were looking for 100% completion). Have enjoyed what I've played so far.

I don't have to buy a game immediately, as I can just store them up for games I legitimately want to play. With that in mind, my big focus is making sure to pick up the Horizon sequel when that is released.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RPS said:

What the Golf is genius. It ends abruptly but it's so funny. 

Yeah, loving it so far. Really addictive stuff.

By the way, you can also celebrate the games you complete in this thread. The more, the merrier!

• Liam changed the title to Games Wot I (or We) Complete in 2022

I've beaten several randomized seeds for the Legend of Zelda (NES) in the past couple days. Does that count? They're technically new games :shifty: 

I think it was after the new year that I beat Tales of Arise? Really fun JRPG. Now I am playing Ruined King: A League of Legends Story. It's not a technical marvel, but I am really liking the voice acting and turn based combat (plus more lore in a world I like). After I beat that it's Persona 5 Strikers!

5 hours ago, Dang117 said:

I got the platinum on Spiderman last night after originally getting the Spiderman Miles Morales platinum last year, debating starting the DLC next before diving into something else

I think I got the Spiderman platinum in the end. Definitely enjoyed it enough to persevere working beyond just the storyline.

8 minutes ago, METALMAN said:

the London one.

Good choice. The London one is definitely where my fondness for the series peaked, in hindsight.

I feel like the existence of this thread is a direct challenge to my decision to play P5R for the Nth time instead of playing *waves hand vaguely over there*.

On 10/01/2022 at 13:18, METALMAN said:

the London one.

Now, did you possibly just go on a pen streak in London and think you were in Assassin's Creed? If so, we are going to have to have a very serious and stern conversation about people's rights. 

• Confused 1

I'm going to beat Exo One shortly. Great game. I feel it at times controls really great and other times I'm not sure if I suck or the game slows me down. When it works, it works.

On 12/01/2022 at 21:11, Ruki Returns said:

Valhalla was fun... for 20-30 hours. Then it just kept going for another 60. 

It started to slowly feel like a chore more than a game by the end. Still enjoyed it overall but yeah it did start to become grating