Eurovision Song Contest 2022

Lineker

Fair play. We smashed it and there's no shame in that (it's hard but given the circumstances it'd be shocking if Ukraine didn't win) 

Sam should be really proud of himself for that. From dead last the year before to 2nd. 

It's great that everyone in the big 5 are actually trying now. Italy winning last year with France in second, UK and Spain finishing second and third this year, Germany...

It's great that 80% of the big 5 are actually trying now.

• Like 1

As ever, I loved the show last night. A lot of good entries, maybe not as strong a year for songs as last year but nonetheless, there were some great entries and most of the ones I liked placed well.

UK doing so brilliantly is fantastic, and puts paid to any argument that we don't do well because of political reasons. We simply do not usually send a good song or artist, nor do we often make the effort to stand out. Sam Ryder ticked all the boxes and should be damn proud of himself.

• 2 months later...
4 hours ago, Bobfoc said:

Next year's Eurovision will take place in the UK. I hope they let Ukrainian presenters host it. It ought to be a Ukrainian-centric event that just happens to be in the UK.

100%. Should be Ukrainian hosts, theme; everything. 

Can't wait to be disappointed when I don't bag tickets for this.