Your clubs worst transfers

Dang117

22 hours ago, ģå.żž said:

It's been proven today that former Newcastle defender Chancel Mbemba is 34, not 28 as he claims.

Chuck him on the pile too.

With apologies for now quoting you twice, I'm not having Mbemba on this list. Another good young (maybe) player who was tossed aside by Rafa Mitrovic style, always looked a decent defender.

The absolutely brilliantly thing is that if this thread happened a year ago you'd absolutely have Joelinton on there. At the time our record signing by a mile and a complete disappointment with a handful of slightly redeeming games played off the main striker (with the "he only cost £1m" expectation lowering song starting to appear). Now player of the season, and statistically one of the best combatative midfielders in the league. Absolutely mental and brilliant.

• Like 1

Bogarde used to be the answer but it's difficult to lend too much weight to useless wages these days when you've got huge transfer fees AND massive wage combos to compare it against. And as for Mutu, he eventually had to pay Chelsea a tonne of money in compensation for what he did so that evens it out a bit.

Konchesky was worth the fee purely for his mum ranting about scousers. He should never have been signed, he was never good enough to be a left back for a team who at the time had ambitions of being in Europe

Joe Cole felt like a big signing but ended up being a wet fart. But it also came with Gerrard saying he was as good as Messi. But I never felt like he didn't try 

They're two examples of who I think many that have been mentioned fall into the category of bad signings in terms of not being of a quality to match ambitions or they come during a time we were just shambolic in terms of strategy and the messes going on behind the scenes. So I feel for me it doesn't fit the worst signing for Liverpool. 

Diouf however in terms of his personality and his playing ability makes him a prime candidate. Just a dreadful striker with an even worse attitude. Balotelli comes in for the fact that he clearly just didn't care. For me I'd go with Diouf

Straight after Senegal's World Cup run in 2002, yes they did.

Clearly they should instead have done what Everton did, and sign two Chinese internationals off the back of the tournament and because the new shirt sponsor agreed the deal. Li Tie was actually okay for the first season but the other lad, Li Wiefeng, played I think once only and was promptly sent back to the Chinese league.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Lineker said:

Didn't you sign Salif Diao at the same time as Diouf?

Annoyingly, we could have signed Anelka as we had him on loan at the time but opted for Diouf instead....

27 minutes ago, METALMAN said:

Spitty El-Hadji Diouf and bitey Luis Suarez. Why do Liverpool like players who do things with their mouths so much?

don't forget Rigobert Song who famously liked to eat grass

at least that's what Gerrard Houlier said after Robbie Fowler did that goal celebration :shifty: