Kevin Conroy has passed away

GoGo Yubari

It's been announced that Kevin Conroy has passed away at 66 after a battle with cancer.

Rest in peace to IMO the definitive Batman, the voice that every other Batman has to be measured against.

• Sad 10

This one hits hard. For 30 years Conroy was Batman for me from the animated series, all the films that followed that and in the Arkham games he's always been a presence and any time there was another Batman in something it felt wrong somehow. Always seemed to be a genuinely nice bloke as well and never seemed to quite realise just how much of an impact his voice and work had done for so many people. I know he had other work as well but even if you just took Batman... That is one hell of a legacy to leave for so many.

• Like 1

Man first Robbie Coltrane and now Kevin Conroy two of my childhood favourites in a matter of weeks. Conroy will forever be Batman to me from the animated series, the films off the back of that and to the Arkham games. Aswell as his appearance in the crisis on infinite earth's special he was superb

• Like 1

Father of all, we pray to you for Kevin Conroy, and for all those whom we love but see no longer. Grant to them eternal rest. Let light perpetual shine upon them. May his soul and the souls of all the departed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace.
Edited by Warhawk8492
  • Like 2

My childhood has just died. Kevin Conroy is my Batman. It is what I was introduced with his work. From TAS to the video game's he worked on. Such sad news. RIP. 

I still watch TAS and love his work on in for the voice work of Batman and Bruce Wayne. He's the first Batman I remember making the voice different in each role.  

I'm sorry for all his fan's who this will hit hard today. 

• Like 1

You can also find it in full on Twitter if you look for it. It's heartbreaking and extremely good and I'm glad he was able to get it out there in his lifetime.

• Like 4

Few actors have defined a character quite like Kevin Conroy, he's the voice I hear when I read Batman comics.

It's sort of ironic that I just finished Gotham Knights that deals with the death of Batman. I went on a bit of a rabbit hole binge just a dew nights ago looking at his career and wondering why he didn't voice Bruce/Batman in the game. Time to rewatch Mask of the Phantasm and Return of the Joker.

• Like 1

I've always been torn between whether  "my Batman" was Michael Keaton or Kevin Conroy.

But Kevin Smith puts it best, when he says something like "Conroy is the voice I hear whenever I read Batman".  Conroys voice is the one I always hear in my head.

Kevin Conroy was my Batman, and it fucking sucks he's gone

• Like 3