Pro Wrestling Sim

IDOL

On 17/11/2022 at 22:25, IDOL said:

If you are on discord, definitely bring these points up. The developer has been very active since launch in working things out that are brought up

This. Don't play the game thinking it's a finished article, it's very much still in dev. It has a lot of potential. I'm mostly in love with how much faster and more efficient it's editor is over TEW 2020. I've often said TEW's biggest problem is the fact it's editor is so slow and unhelpful to scenario makers. You just have to look at how the amount of historic scenarios for each iteration has fallen off over the years. TEW is still miles ahead of it, but it's also a near finished article that's had twenty odd years to get there, it will always likely be number one, but there's always room for a healthy competitor to help show it where it could be even better.

• Like 1

This may be me missing something, but is there a way to filter your roster by brand? And if not, does someone want to recommend it in their Discord? :shifty: Running a WWF/WWE game with 100+ people gets a little cluttered without being able to split up my RAW and SmackDown folk on my roster screen. 

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 04/03/2023 at 05:38, Benji said:

Never tried it but BeTheBooker probably has the most comprehensive looks at stuff like that, but I assume you've already been there.

Yeah, they have two 2006 scenarios on there for PWS but I don't think either one is the one everyone loves.

I'll just wait. Someone will likely convert it eventually.

• 4 months later...

It's only gone live in the last hour so it's just a waiting game, I've uploaded my logos, but from the looks of it you can upload database and picture packs so it should just be a matter of subscribing to the mod you want in one go.

You can find the Pro Wrestling Sim Workshop here to see what's currently about.

• Like 2

It's quite hard to jump in to from TEW for me. I definitely see it developing well every time I look in on it, but it's still too simple for me to really get a full long grip on it. I do adore the booking screen and drag and drop nature of adding people though, just missing more options.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Benji said:

It's quite hard to jump in to from TEW for me. I definitely see it developing well every time I look in on it, but it's still too simple for me to really get a full long grip on it. I do adore the booking screen and drag and drop nature of adding people though, just missing more options.

Yeah, I can't stand the complexity of TEW and even putting it down into the EWR modes - it's just too much stuff for me to edit in general, and I've loved the look of this because it just seems easier and more straightforward to handle in theory if you're talking about getting updated data and stuff in there. I just found things changing a lot when I was playing it a year or so back - but the next time I feel a bit creative I might re-install and see what I can do now.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, apsham said:

Yeah, I can't stand the complexity of TEW and even putting it down into the EWR modes - it's just too much stuff for me to edit in general, and I've loved the look of this because it just seems easier and more straightforward to handle in theory if you're talking about getting updated data and stuff in there. I just found things changing a lot when I was playing it a year or so back - but the next time I feel a bit creative I might re-install and see what I can do now.

I gave up on TEW a few years ago and love the simplicity of this game. It gives me more freedom than EWR but I'm not drowning in the details like TEW.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Meacon Keaton said:

I gave up on TEW a few years ago and love the simplicity of this game. It gives me more freedom than EWR but I'm not drowning in the details like TEW.

What are some of the things it can do that EWR cannot?

7 minutes ago, Krabby said:

What are some of the things it can do that EWR cannot?

You can choose segment length by minutes, so you're not restricted to eleven segments. But it's interface is quicker and more intuitive than TEW. Or at least it was quicker than when I last played TEW two or three years ago. 

There's a more intricate title history, show history. It feels like you're competing more with other promotions than in EWR which always kind of felt like you could do what you wanted and the other promotions picked up the pieces. You can edit databases while in the game too, which is a huge advantage over EWR, I think.

There's more, but I'd suggest giving it a shot if there's a free trial or demo. I think it was just one sale for $4.99 during the Steam sale, which is a steal compared to the TEW price. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1