Games We Complete In 2023

RPS

Quite an interesting list for me this year hardly anything new.

1. Spiderman Remastered

2. Horizon Zero Dawn

3. Batman Arkham Origins

4. Life is Strange

5. Spiderman (2018)

6. Spyro The Dragon

7. Unpacking (PS4)

8. Unpacking (PS5)

9. Star Wars Jedi Fallen (PS5)

10. Star Wars Jedi Fallen (PS4)

11. My Name is Mayo

12. My Name is Mayo 2

13. My Name is Mayo 3

14. God of War

15. Until Dawn

• Horizon: Forbidden West (PS5)
  • Cyberpunk 2077 (PS5)
  • The Artful Escape (Xbox Series S)
  • The Gunk (Xbox Series S)
  • Life Is Strange: True Colors (Xbox Series S)
  • The Walking Dead: Complete First Season (Xbox Series S)
  • DOOM 2016 (SteamDeck)

I really need to stop playing Fortnite, apparently.

• Like 1

New year, new thread? Likely the first game I'm going to finish is Chained Echoes. I'm a good chunk of the way through, and I only have 2 weeks left on Gamepass. But as a JRPG with interesting battle mechanics? Well worth giving it a whirl!

• Like 2

Well, technically in the dying hours of 2022. But I have finished my playthrough of Trails in the Sky FC. As far as JRPG's go I really enjoyed it mostly because it was at most a 50-ish game rather than the usual JRPG game that goes 100+ with all the side stuff. And I managed to get most of the side quests bar a few that were hidden and I failed to find.

The graphics also appealed to me, kinda like Harvest Moon 64 characters but in a steampunk-ish JRPG instead. Very fun, very enjoyable, and with a whammer of a cliffhanger at the end I have of course picked up the sequel in the GOG sale to continue the fun for another go around.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, tristy said:
  • Horizon: Forbidden West (PS5)
  • Cyberpunk 2077 (PS5)
  • The Artful Escape (Xbox Series S)
  • The Gunk (Xbox Series S)
  • Life Is Strange: True Colors (Xbox Series S)
  • The Walking Dead: Complete First Season (Xbox Series S)
  • DOOM 2016 (SteamDeck)

I really need to stop playing Fortnite, apparently.

I stopped this most recent season and went to Overwatch. I still squad up with my son. But I'm glad I did with the weekly challenges ending after the week. 

Finished Stray yesterday evening. Such a nice game and really well done in terms of graphics, gameplay and a simple yet effective story. 

• Like 1

I guess it's a bit of a carry over, but I ended up completing Tinykin just yesterday - I beat the game a bit earlier but did all the achievements. What a gem that is - just under 8 hours to beat, and that's the content from the original game, all achievements and the extra challenge stuff they added (but fuck the Platinum races) - a great no-stress game that is like Pikmin if I actually enjoyed Pikmin.

• Like 2

It's actually a few days ago now but I finished Marvel's Midnight Suns. I really really enjoyed the story plus the X-Com/Card game gameplay was really enjoyable. I like these kinds of games because I don't need twitch reflexes and can plan out my moves. Highly recommend this one to any Marvel or X-Com fans

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Your Mom said:

It's actually a few days ago now but I finished Marvel's Midnight Suns. I really really enjoyed the story plus the X-Com/Card game gameplay was really enjoyable. I like these kinds of games because I don't need twitch reflexes and can plan out my moves. Highly recommend this one to any Marvel or X-Com fans

I'm excited! I have it sitting in my pile of games to play. Card game? X-Com type gameplay? Superheroes? It's everything I could want in a game. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Your Mom said:

I recently got back to this after buying it, playing for a bit and getting swept up in Dwarf Fortress when it came out.

I really highly enjoy it - and so far I think I've spent MOST of my time exploring the grounds, talking to characters and really fleshing out that part of the game. I'm super into getting to spend time with some of the lesser known or explored characters... more so that I expected to be.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Kazuma KiRuki said:

Finished Final Fantasy Strangers of Paradise. Really glad I dropped it to story difficulty, some of those boss battles would have been impossible for me.

I've played about 40 minutes or so of this as bought just before Christmas and going away, seeing family, etc. How did you find the game other than difficult? Worth your time?

21 minutes ago, Tall Boi Byrne said:

I've played about 40 minutes or so of this as bought just before Christmas and going away, seeing family, etc. How did you find the game other than difficult? Worth your time?

Flashy, starts to drag near the end. I got to a point where I was skipping side missions to power through to the end. 

But thankfully, short for a FF game. I beat it in 15-18 hours. I enjoyed it more than not. Just go in expecting a turn your brain off kind of game. The writing also never gets better.

• Like 3