The Last of Us **SPOILERS**

Benji

On 21/01/2023 at 11:20, Baddar said:

Reaaaally enjoyed episode 1. Thought Bella Ramsey played the Ellie character perfectly.

Spoiler

1..2..3..4..5..6..7..8..fuck..you.

The way she delivered that completely sold me on her in an instant because it's a great line that could be so fucking corny in the wrong hands.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Benji said:

I hope they don't get rid of the spores entirely, but yeah the stringy fungus is creepy and great.

So some stuff Druckman has said (going to spoiler just in case for future season speculation and video game stuff).

Spoiler

He has said that spores might still be a thing. No spores also might mean no bloaters which I was really hoping to see in the show.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Mx. Canadian Destroyer said:

So some stuff Druckman has said (going to spoiler just in case for future season speculation and video game stuff).

Hide contents

He has said that spores might still be a thing. No spores also might mean no bloaters which I was really hoping to see in the show.

4 hours ago, Benji said:
  Hide contents

Yeah I'm really praying they aren't totally gone and maybe just saved for special infected. Stuff like the fight in the school gym with the bloater would translate really well to TV.

Spoiler

There's already been a confirmation that Bloaters exist from a poster in one of the scenes of the premiere I believe. It was a poster with a guide as to how to define an infected when you see one with 4 pictures. 

Screenshot_2023-01-24-16-43-20-84_680d03679600f7af0b4c700c6b270fe7.jpg

3 hours ago, LL! said:

Hide contents

There's already been a confirmation that Bloaters exist from a poster in one of the scenes of the premiere I believe. It was a poster with a guide as to how to define an infected when you see one with 4 pictures. 

Screenshot_2023-01-24-16-43-20-84_680d03679600f7af0b4c700c6b270fe7.jpg

Spoiler

Apparently they are in the trailer too (though I tend to try and avoid them). I wonder if they will have anything to replace the fact that they throw blobs of spores.

Spoiler

They can't surely remove them because they add a ridiculous level of tension to scenes. Stuff like the first time underground with Ellie when she breathes spores, the entire run through the hotel, the scenes with Abby and Ellie in the hospital in Part 2. They can all be done without but it wouldn't be the same.

3 hours ago, Benji said:
  Hide contents

They can't surely remove them because they add a ridiculous level of tension to scenes. Stuff like the first time underground with Ellie when she breathes spores, the entire run through the hotel, the scenes with Abby and Ellie in the hospital in Part 2. They can all be done without but it wouldn't be the same.

Spoiler

I think they have replaced spores with the underground fungal network in season 1. 

• Sad 1

Well that episode was great