Summer Transfer Window 2023

Lineker

I have zero sympathy for PSG here, despite how much of a petulant little diva Mbappe is. Them trying to emotionally blackmail him is no surprise at all though. Mbappe's only requirement is to fulfill his contract. Not to sign a new one or agree to be sold before the contract is over. 

1 hour ago, Baddar said:

If I had to guess what Kane will do, is spend the last year at Spurs before signing for Real Madrid along with Mbappe next summer. Leaves him short of the record, but he surely wouldn't go to Chelsea. Maybe Liverpool/Man Utd might try next year. Even Newcastle could tempt him if they make CL again.

We'll be haggling over whether to include a Twix in any deal before making an offer that'll get rejected

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, METALMAN said:

So PSG just spent about £150 million on players this summer and now we’re suddenly supposed to believe they have no money to pay for the kit man or whatever?

Yeah it's crazy, they're acting like an American sports franchise begging the state government for a $1 billion handout.

Except of course, they are owned by a state government.

• Haha 2

Brighton have played an absolute blinder here. That is ridiculous money.

I know they've sold some players to Saudi, but dropping £110m on a midfielder with one solid year of PL experience makes a bit of a mockery of Klopp's "Ferrari" quote about Bellingham earlier in the year, in my opinion. Clearly if you really want the money, it will be found (as is the case with all of these top clubs).

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Adam said:

Brighton have played an absolute blinder here. That is ridiculous money.

I know they've sold some players to Saudi, but dropping £110m on a midfielder with one solid year of PL experience makes a bit of a mockery of Klopp's "Ferrari" quote about Bellingham earlier in the year, in my opinion. Clearly if you really want the money, it will be found (as is the case with all of these top clubs).

If Fabinho had stayed none of this would be happening. Everyone knows post Fabinho going we desperately need a 6 and we're always gonna be in a position of overspending.

With Hendo/Fabinho/Chamberlain/Keita/Milner/Firmino all going it'll have left a big chunk of wages and then 60mil late on post Saudi dealings

I imagine the wages etc of a Caicedo would not touch close to the whole deal for Bellingham  especially given info came out about how much his dad as his agent was going to get etc and from what I've seen Bellingham's "career plan" would be play for us for a few seasons then go Madrid anyway. 

End of the day we've overpaid. We always were gonna overpay but I'd rather have Caicedo in than Lavia for what we need. If he plays well for the club over the years then it's hopefully a position filled for the long term future.

19 minutes ago, Colly said:

If it goes through, it makes a mockery of a lot of Klopp's whinges. Sure he'll carry on though.

He doesn't hold a candle to hollier than thou Eddie Howe who's never been a hypocrite at all in his life :)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lineker said:

Liverpool should be delighted with Caicedo but really could have stumped that up originally for Bellingham, so...

Probably could have but we are where we are. 

Shouldn't have spent about two seasons going on about going after him if we weren't ever going to.

But we are where we are and I'm made up if this goes through we will have got Mac Allister, Caicedo and Szoboszlai in. Should hopefully be the midfield sorted for a long time.