Steam/PC Mega Thread 2024

Has anyone played Suzerain? That and its DLC are the only game I’ve played at any real length this year. So much fun and (unlike far too many other games) doesn’t take a huge amount of time or effort off you but still has plenty of different paths to go down.

• Like 1

I started my internet forum-ing on the Promotion Wars forum way back in the early 2000s. I remember there was a rivalry with EWB for some reason. But the place began to die and I moved over here in like 2007. 

I found Promotion Wars first and I do recall the forums went down taking the game and the mods with it and I reluctantly moved over here for EWR, I think they brought it back a couple times with a couple of free forums.

I think it got rebooted during the lockdowns and they just updated the original game rather than build a new game, still all free.

35 minutes ago, apsham said:

That was the 21st Anniversary edition which is the one up for download now, yeah.

I believe so, admittedly I haven't downloaded/played it myself since the original, but from what I understand it's all built on the original game, guess it's a good thing not to lose the source code to your popular freeware game, even if it takes you 17 years to work on it again.

17 hours ago, Ruki said:

I started my internet forum-ing on the Promotion Wars forum way back in the early 2000s. I remember there was a rivalry with EWB for some reason. But the place began to die and I moved over here in like 2007. 

So that's who we've got to blame.

• Haha 2

On 05/04/2024 at 11:26, METALMAN said:

Has anyone played Suzerain? That and its DLC are the only game I’ve played at any real length this year. So much fun and (unlike far too many other games) doesn’t take a huge amount of time or effort off you but still has plenty of different paths to go down.

I LOVE Suzerain. Such a well-done little game. You've reminded me that I bought the DLC but have yet to play!

• Like 2

This may be a flavour of the month thing perhaps but Infection Free Zone has just come out. Zombie survival strategy game with a slight twist... You can play in pretty much any place in the world! The developer do the same with the fun 911 operator as well but this has a bit more to it.

It's quite interesting the way that it takes the real world locations and adapts it into use. As an example, with knowledge of town, I set up my headquarters just off the town centre, but from there I was able to correctly pick up some fuel from a local petrol station, raid the supermarkets for food and pick up medical supplies from the doctors surgery... All in the correct places. Downside is getting better weapons, funnily enough English market towns are not particularly equipped for heavy armaments but it's a clever little idea and being able to set up pretty much anywhere gives you a lot for potential run throughs.

Steam has the canon Fallout games (1, 2, 3, New Vegas, 4 and Tactics) on sale as a bundle for 75% off this week.  $47.57 instead of close to $205.  3, 4, New Vegas and 76 also include all the DLC

• Like 1