Steam/PC Mega Thread 2024

Was having a nice, chill game of Rimworld, had a nice settlement up and running, and, seeing a passing trader, decided to buy their 3 panthers. Beautiful creatures. Can be trained. 1 male, 2 females, perfect.

Fast forward a little bit, and, well, they were to majestic to curb their growth, the place was lousy with panthers. They were all bred in my settlement, so lets not kill them. So, I start releasing some. Suddenly, INSTANTLY, every other animal in my settlmenet is being hunted for food. Cows, camels, sheep, german shepherds, even the damn turtles.

No more molly coddling, the rest that were not yet released, you're being culled. Their screams will haunt me forever. Solid minutes of panthers being killed. The horror!

Edit: Well, after giving my heart another chance at love, and jumping in with owning more felines...I just had a siamese cat die from constant alcohol consumption.

Edited by Ace-hole Rimmer
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 02/01/2024 at 16:45, Ace-hole Rimmer said:

Was having a nice, chill game of Rimworld, had a nice settlement up and running, and, seeing a passing trader, decided to buy their 3 panthers. Beautiful creatures. Can be trained. 1 male, 2 females, perfect.

Fast forward a little bit, and, well, they were to majestic to curb their growth, the place was lousy with panthers. They were all bred in my settlement, so lets not kill them. So, I start releasing some. Suddenly, INSTANTLY, every other animal in my settlmenet is being hunted for food. Cows, camels, sheep, german shepherds, even the damn turtles.

No more molly coddling, the rest that were not yet released, you're being culled. Their screams will haunt me forever. Solid minutes of panthers being killed. The horror!

Edit: Well, after giving my heart another chance at love, and jumping in with owning more felines...I just had a siamese cat die from constant alcohol consumption.

Such is life on the Rim.  Never breed chickens.  They reproduce exponentially.

A Highmate, Whistler, wandered in and decided to join my colony. I let him stay, because his mother, Hardy, was already a member of my colony. Let him stay because Hardy is an Undergrounder but is outside often due to her plants skill, so I figured having her son around would help her mood.

Whistler and one of my colony children, Sass, romanced each other, got along, marriage is on! (and they 'get some loving' like 6 times a night). They are happy, Whistler is bonded to Sass, all is good.

Until Sass's mother, Torres, decided to flirt with her future son-in-law Whistler. Whistler rejected Torres, Torres had a mental break and started a fight with her ex-lover, Donaldon...who is Sass's father, and my best brawler equipped with a Thrumbo Horn.

Donaldson ripped the hell out of Torres and I'm now making bionic eyes and prosthetic limbs to repair the damage

• Lineker pinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm thinking of getting a new game from my Steam Deck. I enjoyed Halls of Torment and Roboquest a lot. Not only playing rogue likes but typically they itch that place in my head. 

Just wondering if anyone has run into the same problem I am getting on the Xbox PC app (I just got game pass for the first time). When I go to install and try to select my D drive (gaming/storage) instead of my C drive (windows) it only shows me the C drive and tells me that other drives are not NTFS - my D drive is NTFS. Anyone encountered this and know how to fix it?

9 hours ago, RazorsEdge said:

Just wondering if anyone has run into the same problem I am getting on the Xbox PC app (I just got game pass for the first time). When I go to install and try to select my D drive (gaming/storage) instead of my C drive (windows) it only shows me the C drive and tells me that other drives are not NTFS - my D drive is NTFS. Anyone encountered this and know how to fix it?

I haven't personally but apparently many others have. There is a Microsoft thread for it that has several possible solutions, though some are still having issues. It seems kind of hit or miss with the solutions/support they are giving, but it's worth a shot if that's your option. I'll DM you the link right now.

• Thanks 1

I'd recommend Balatro to anyone who likes a roguelite and deckbuilding games. It's quite similar to Slay the Spire but is centred around poker. It's a lot of fun! It takes a lot for me to stay invested in a game but I've sunk around 6 hours into this today alone.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Owen said:

I'd recommend Balatro to anyone who likes a roguelite and deckbuilding games. It's quite similar to Slay the Spire but is centred around poker. It's a lot of fun! It takes a lot for me to stay invested in a game but I've sunk around 6 hours into this today alone.

3 hours ago, apsham said:

I love Balatro but it's wearing me down. I haven't won a run yet, I've been massively powerful but then hit a bad boss and been absolutely destroyed, but I still want to keep trying.

I was literally just coming in here to talk about Balatro. It has a really cool aesthetic, it's easy to learn and fun. Because I'm bad at poker, I focus on jokers and stuff that will boost my pairs. I also managed to beat one of the bosses with a high card king once, which was neat. The furthest I've got is ante 6.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ruki said:

I was literally just coming in here to talk about Balatro. It has a really cool aesthetic, it's easy to learn and fun. Because I'm bad at poker, I focus on jokers and stuff that will boost my pairs. I also managed to beat one of the bosses with a high card king once, which was neat. The furthest I've got is ante 6.  

I've got to ante 7 once, and yeah, it really depends on how your jokers deck look and upgrading your poker hands in a way that's relevant to your run. I had a run where I kept getting flushes and straights and for like the next ten or so runs I was focusing on them and upgrading those, but they didn't come up as often and I ended up tanking all those runs! I love that it really needs you to pay attention to that specific run as opposed to the game as a whole, but I suppose that's how the whole genre works. I ended up on the game for another 2 hours yesterday and I'm back on it again this morning. I can't get enough

I tend to focus on full houses - because if you can get those upgraded and use all face cards, and have Jokers that add on to that you can do REALLY well - and with face cards and aces being naturally higher you can end up scoring naturally a bit higher. But not getting the face cards you need or running into bosses that lower the level of your hands, or rule out certain suits can REALLY hit you card - but I try to level up flushes and three of a kinds in order to mitigate that too - since I can usually at LEAST get three of a kind.

I generally find my most success comes from focusing on flushes and leveling them up as much as I can. I tried to get as many clubs as I can and I actually got to the eighth ante! ...But I lost on the small blind :( If anyone wants to have a go at it the seed is V6CWJ7MI.

Just got onto a really fun run when I was absolutely stakcing my deck with clubs... as I had the Gluttonous Joker, and then of course I meet the boss who debuffs all clubs! Absolutely ruined me.

Think I'm just about on my way to winning my first game. I've got the baseball card which means all uncommon jokers give x1.5 mult, and I've got 5 other uncommon jokers, and all of them have other conditions which mean that I'm winning each round in the first hand by about x3 the score they actually need for the whole thing. It's fun! 

Ended up winning and getting to ante 11 before I got absolutely crushed!

I was coming to talk about Balatro too. This is the Balatro thread now. 

It's a genius concept for a game. I have been hooked on Slay the Spire recently (trying to get A20 on the Defect) but I needed a break. This definitely broke my addiction for Slay. Just I am addicted to Balatro now. 

It's great but I feel like all card deck rogue likes, the mechanics are not well explained. 

• Like 2