Official Football Manager 2005 Topic

Thomas

I just finished my first season as Rangers. Won the league by 9 points in the end but it wasn't until the last few games until Celtic started losing and drawing to teams other than me. I was undefeated in all league games. I was knocked out of the CIS Cup by Celtic (1-0) and the Final of the Tennant's Cup is still to be played and is another Old Firm Derby, which I'll probably win.

My Champion's League campeign didn't go so well. I got knocked out in the Group stages with Anderlecht in a group with Olympiakos and Milan (I think). I finished 4th in the table so I never even got a UEFA Cup place. But somehow, Stefan Klos (my keeper) got the Goalkeeper role in the Team Of The Tournament which is rather bizarre.

And my highlight of the season? Decides beating Anderlecht 3-0 it would have to be...

THIS~! :lol:

Edited by lazy_arse

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My careers been a bit up and down really I'm four years in, spent the first year at Cambridge City in the Conference South and built them into a fairly solid side. My main striker being Stuart Darby, a free agent at the start of the game with 20 finishing, also seemed to be a natural inspiration for the rest of the team.

Half way through the second season I took over at Gretna and took them to the Scottish Second Division and a big third round Scottish FA cup tie home to Rangers, tragically the pressure was to big to get up to the first in the next two years.

I have just taken over at Southend Unit still in the Third Division and have so far gone 4 undefeated (2 home wins and 2 away draws) so I'm hoping to build us up and least make the playoffs, we'll have to see how it goes...

I was Roma i won Serie A by 2 points ahead of Milan, Milan got revenge though by beating me in Italian Cup i also dropped out of champs league at quarter finals. I have no money for new players thogh the board gave me £1Million and I desperately need another defender. I have Mido leaving though for 3.8M to Udinese but I can get Rio Ferdinand for 12M but need another 7-8mill to get him.

God damn it. I was trying to get Daniel Spaul from Arsenal at the end of my first season, and before they accept, he's released. OK, great. I sign him and everything is hunky dory. Except...I'm stil trying to sign him! It says there's a bid being made for him, and it's from me and it just won't go away! I can't reject/accept it and I can't cancel the bid either! It's gonna get annoying I say...

Guest The Real Deal

Bug~!

Report it over at sigames.com

I had the same with contract negotiations he had accepted the contract and after he had signed it said he was still in contract negotiations.

Guest The Real Deal

Why do I get the impression that this is the MOTD skin?

Well maybe because I also installed it 10 minutes ago, it looks awesome. Anyway what you do is have you save your game which is what I did with no text then exit. Then open up the MOTD download and there should be a font folder open that and highlight everything in it! Then go to FM 2005/data/fonts and paste everything into there and load your game up and it should be working again.

Post back if you need anymore help.

I installed a new skin, loaded it. Now I cannot see any text and don't know where Preferences is to change it back :angry:

Do you have a completely black screen? If so, it's probably the same problem as mine. I think it's with the same skin as well.

You've probably simply got the actual skin folder inside of another folder with the same name. That's what my problem was. If there's folder inside the folder with the same name, then you've got that problem. Take the stuff out and just get rid of the first folder

Guest The Real Deal

Tiago is really pissing me off. I signed him for 3.7m from Chelsea and his morale is very poor. I don't know what to do as he hasn't got anyone on his fav list.

So anyone got any suggestions?

He's getting first team action.

Update, played another couple of months with Southend. Doing great at home scoring plenty and yet to concede but away we're too inconsistant. After all this we're still in the same place as yesterday (15th).

Part and parcel seems to be a striker with poor finishing and low work rate. Obviously lifted by the home croud so for the time being I've got Lee Barnard on loan from Spurs as a stop-gap for the rest of the season and am in talks with a 16 year old Brazilian wonderkid from some non-league side over there (CENE I think), it doesn't matter though as I doubt he'll get his permit at that age...

Heh, just demolished Arsenal 5-0.

We're third in the table, and (were) 11 points behind them (now 8). I was missing Kewell, Baros and Kirkland through injury, but still managed to win, with Cisse getting 4 and Gerrard getting the other. The best part is that this happened during the busy Christmas period, we were playing them on the 3rd of Jan. after playing Chelsea (who are top, 4 points clear of Arsenal) away and drawing 1-1.