• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I reiterate: Mateja Kezman is a GOD.

post-60-1106059046_thumb.jpg

He's now my most expensive player with a value of £28.5million. :thumbsup: Superb.

Just draw Barcelona in the semi-final - they thrashed AC Milan in the last round. With Man Utd vs. Porto in the other semi, I think it's safe to say that the winner of my match will win the cup.

post-60-1106059046_thumb.jpg

Guest Pirate Chasin' Booty

Seems my players have forgotten how to score, I'm not conceding a great deal either, but I'm winning by the odd goal and usually its from a defender or a defensive midfielder or something.

9 Goals for Henry from 17 games, thats got to be bad, Anelka couldn't hit a cows ass with a banjo either, I'm trying to ship him out, nobody wants him though.

Ugh. I started (another) season as Liverpool (I forgot to save my last game, after playing for 4 or 5 months). Finished third in the league, and got knocked out against Juve in the CL semi-final (lost away leg 1-0, won home leg 2-1. Went out on away goals). End of the season, all the money from competitions, TV etc comes in, and I've got £37 million in the bank. Not to bad.

I get a budget of £7 million. What the fuck?

My Notts County team are doing pretty damn well. 3rd in the league at the mo, and we're fighting it out with Oxford, Bradford and Wycombe for who will finish in promotion places.

My only major problem is...in 25 games, I've kept a grand total of 5 clean sheets. That ain't good. Thankfully, Tarachulski and Gordon are banging the goals in at the other end for me, otherwise I'd be fucked. Seriously need a bit more at the back, as Darren Powell is the only player who I think is at the level to perform well enough in League Two.

Guest Red Devil

Try Thedugout.net or i think there's a re-has of an old CM website called FMSorted and they've released a newer update.

I started a game as my hometown team Bradford City. I start of with £1 in teh bank, yes ONE POUND and they expect me to get promoted. I bring in a load of free's and loans. Play a few friendlys to bring in some revenue and play the first season. I get knocked out of both cups early on and just about scrpae through into the play off's finishing 6th. I get Sheff Wed in teh semi finals and the lucky bastards knock me out on away goals. The second season has started off worse then the first. I brought in a bunch of free players who are old but still good and better then my team last year. I've played the first month and sit 21st in the table. I'm not really sure what's wrong with the team but it must be my tactics, Do you download the tactics and use them or create your own? any tips?

Try Thedugout.net or i think there's a re-has of an old CM website called FMSorted and they've released a newer update.

I started a game as my hometown team Bradford City. I start of with £1 in teh bank, yes ONE POUND and they expect me to get promoted. I bring in a load of free's and loans. Play a few friendlys to bring in some revenue and play the first season. I get knocked out of both cups early on and just about scrpae through into the play off's finishing 6th. I get Sheff Wed in teh semi finals and the lucky bastards knock me out on away goals. The second season has started off worse then the first. I brought in a bunch of free players who are old but still good and better then my team last year. I've played the first month and sit 21st in the table. I'm not really sure what's wrong with the team but it must be my tactics, Do you download the tactics and use them or create your own? any tips?

I'm awful with tactics, but I'll try and help you.

What you need to do is work to your strengths. If you have fast players with good crossing and dribbling skills, then play a system which sticks them on the wing. If you team hasn't got a strong defence, think about sticking 5 players in defence, with 2 playing as wing backs. If you have several good attacking players, and want to try and fit them in, then stick them in a 4-3-3 formation. If you have some decent midfielders, yet only a decent striker, try the 4-5-1, as it allows you to win the ball in midfield, and hopefully your striker can finish as often as possible,

Usually, most teams (in real life) go for the 4-4-2 or the 4-5-1.

wingers... depends on what their abilities are though...i usually play as fulham on CM...(didn't like FM too much) so I got Boa Morte making runs down the left wing and i either haver Buari or Malbranque going down the right wing making crosses. My Fulham squad usually looks like this in the first season:

Van Der Sar

Bonnisel Alpay Melville Knight

Legwinski

Boa Morte Malbranque

Clark

Hayles Saha

A tip: play Zat Knight on the right full back position, he'll do very well even though he's a natural center back.

Guest Pirate Chasin' Booty

I never get too bogged down with tactics, usually a 442 with the LM and RM being pushed up aswell as being given those arrows things, usually I have it at attacking, but I sometimes go defensive in CL matches, never get players to individually mark anyone else though.