Official Football Manager 2005 Topic

Thomas

I'm currently playing with a 4-1-3-2 at the moment, looking like this;

GK

DR DC DC DL

DMC

MC MC MC

FC FC

The two outside MC's are set to the pre-set attacking midfielders, whilst the guy in the middle is defensive. Both of the strikers are set on the highest attacking level so they pretty much play on the shoulder of the oppositions defenders. They (Baros, Cisse or Pongolle) get got offside more, but score bag loads of goals with their pace.

Speaking of Pongolle, in the second season he's immense. Easily my player of the season so far, with 9 goals in 8 games.

Traore is also excellent, playing in the middle of my defence with Carragher. He's been playing so well he's broken up the partnership of Hyypia and Carragher, who had the best defensive record last season. My current team in full is;

GK: Chris Kirkland (Backup: Alvaro Nunéz)

DR: Finnan/Josemi rotating

DL : Placente (Riise as backup)

DC: Traore

DC: Carragher

DMC: Alonso (Biscan as backup)

MC: Downing (Riise as backup)

MC: Gerrard (Hamann as backup)

MC: Schweinsteiger (Kewell as backup)

FC: Baros/Pongolle/Cisse

FC: Baros/Pongolle/Cisse

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, my League Two season went down to the wire. It was between my Notts County team and Oxford, who were above me.

I lost 2-1 to them with three games remaining, and they only needed 2 points to win the league. Bastards got it and won the league.

Now I've been told my aim for my first season in League One is to rebuild the team, so that's ok. Although I have no money and my wages are way to high. Only problem is I need all my players! Mind you, I convinced Gary Barlow to sign for lowly Notts County over both Liverpool and Parma, so that gives me a warm fuzzy feeling inside.

EDIT: Grrrrr, the game keeps sorting my team by what positions they've been picked for. Even when I sort it by position, after I click continue it resorts it! Help me!

Is there a way to make it stay sorted by position as default?

Edited by The_Monkey_Molester

How would you improve a squad that doesnt need improving a great deal?

I'll explain. I'm Chelsea. About 4 games of the season left. Already won the league, in the semi's of the Champions league. My first choice eleven, fully fit kicks ass. Its just a case of tired legs at the moment though, we're not as dominant as we were. Until christmas we were winning 3/4/5-0, now its 1-0/2-1 etc. Until Christmas, we hardly conceded a goal, and now we concede every game practically.

Like I say, when fully fit, my first XI (Cudicini, Johnson, Terry, Gallas, Bridge, Jankulovski, Lampard, Geremi, Duff, Drogba, Vieri) is ace and cuts through teams, but with a couple of injurys and as the season wears on, its just getting less dominant.

So, how would you improve a squad like that, without really needing a replacement for anyone in the first XI?

Don't.

Just sign hundreds of 15-17 year olds and build them up. That's what I do whenever I'm a big club with a ace first team. Just concentrate on your future players.

Cheers for the advice. I've signed 4/5 youngsters already.

But I feel I need 2/3 new first team signings to hammer home my advantage, mainly defensively (Right Back, maybe left back and Goalie) and maybe a back-up midfielder and right winger (my right winger, Jankulovski is actually a left back/left winger who can play on the right). So suggestions welcome.

And I just found this cool feature for the first time, an agent approached me with a video of his clients goals, and encouraged me to make an offer. I never saw that before, its a really cool feature.

But I feel I need 2/3 new first team signings to hammer home my advantage, mainly defensively (Right Back, maybe left back and Goalie) and maybe a back-up midfielder and right winger (my right winger, Jankulovski is actually a left back/left winger who can play on the right). So suggestions welcome.

And I just found this cool feature for the first time, an agent approached me with a video of his clients goals, and encouraged me to make an offer. I never saw that before, its a really cool feature.

Try and snap up some decent Bosman rule players, as you can normally get some pretty good players to fall back on if you need them in the future, without them demanding too much first team action.

Guest Pirate Chasin' Booty

The same bunch of players contact me every few weeks, its incredibly annoying, must of happened way over 30 times to me in my game, its a nice feature, but I wish no meant no.

Found my first bug. Its not major, its just that I placed a bid for Walter Pandiani, and he shows up in my squad screen, yet they transfer hasn't gone through, and I can't pick him. Its been like that for about a month of game time now.

New bug here.

I'm Turkey and Man Utd manager in my fifth season. I get a message in my news saying that Turkey have hired Cristoph Daum as their new manager. I check and i'm still manager (I can access the squad and stuff) yet its his name on the staff screen. So I sack him (For some reason I had the "remove from national job" bit available. But they re-hire him. So I try to resign myself and it doesn't work.

Any ideas?

New bug here.

I'm Turkey and Man Utd manager in my fifth season. I get a message in my news saying that Turkey have hired Cristoph Daum as their new manager. I check and i'm still manager (I can access the squad and stuff) yet its his name on the staff screen. So I sack him (For some reason I had the "remove from national job" bit available. But they re-hire him. So I try to resign myself and it doesn't work.

Any ideas?