Official Football Manager 2005 Topic

Thomas

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So, who is everyones best/worst signings?

My best has to be Emre in my Arsenal game, signed for £3.8m and he averaged about 8.11 in his first 20 games.

Worst has to be Michael Rensing, signed for about £2m and was a very promising keeper. I told him he would be squad rotated, and he was, in the FA and Carling Cups. He played his first game in the FA Cup, then a couple of weeks later played in the Carling Cup, then he went ape on me and started moaning that he isn't playing, missed training about 10 times over the next one and a half months, so I transfer listed him, put him in reserves, tried to flog him at the end of the season but no-one wanted him so I terminated his contract my mutual consent. Bastard.

In my current game, my best signing.. I dunno.. so many worked out well. Robinho, perhaps. Maybe Joe Cole, or maybe Dede.

Worst, Tevez spent 2 half seasons, then was sold off. Parker couldn't break into the team either, and was sold off quite quickly. Same for Mido, De Riddler and van Persie, but Persie has found his way back into the club, and earny a starting place over Joe Cole.

Guest Pirate Chasin' Booty

Best? Maarten Stekelenberg - I dunno whether he develops into the best goalkeeper in the game, but he conceded about 8 goals in a season, he's fucking fantastic.

Worst? Jan Lastuvka, was at the club for 3 years, couldn't even speak basic english in all that time, was pretty average couldn't settle, but came into his own when Stekelenberg fractured his spine, not as good as Stekelenberg, but too good for a sub, shipped him off to Aston Villa.

Best signing for my Crystal Palace, probably Naldo. Worth around 7 mil, but he ain't going nowhere. Also, that prick Bogdan Labont was good. Got him for one mil and has been a fucking wonderful goalkeeper.

Also, in my squad I have a 15 y/o worth 800,000 with only ONE stat under ten. He's fucking amazing and is psuhing for a first team birth.

As Chelsea i needed a player who could play striker incase Drogba and Robinho got injured and also an attacking midfielder who could swap with Lampard every now and then.

Julio Baptista is the man i signed, his stats are amazing and is one of the best players on the game along with Dede

My best signing was Solari on a free from Real Madrid. His wages may have been high but he was fucking quality on the left wing.

My worst on the otherhand was Vanden Borre. After hearing the preaching of the sigames forum over him, I decided to give him a go only to have the bastard become unhappy and then depressed. Fine, fuck off back to Germany.

Best: Bastian Schweinsteiger (sp?). Cost about £16 million, but averaged around 8.something in his first season, and has 3 9's on the trot in pre-season for the next one.

Worst: Andy Johnson. I signed him for backup for Baros, Cisse and Pongolle (who becomes awesome, as does Le Tallec). Baros and Pongolle got injured, but AJ just doesn't cut the mustard. Rarely goes above 6, and has scored 4 goals in about 28 games.

Best signing for me was Henrik Larsson for Cetlic single handly got them promoted to the English premier league then pretty much won it all on his own scoring 30+ goals.

Worst signing has to be Adriano, never scores for me and is always in need for a rest.

Nice to see some players performing well in some games and shit in others.

I've not really bought anyone, I'm in my fifth season and the side is pretty much all the same. I've had some good players coming through, James Vaughan, Iain Turner, and some dudes who are looking to be real good soon.

I want to get far enough ahead in the game that everybody is a regen. So that I won't know who the *stars* will be because people recommened players and such (stekelenberg, vanden borre, adu, rensing, tevez, etc).

Then it'll be mostly skill. That would rule.

In my Chelsea game i couldn't believe me eyes. Roman Abramovich raised my transfer budget to £117M i was really happy about it. Anyway i signed Adriano for £97M :crying: and Xabi Alonso for 20 million which is a good buy

There's a new patch out, 5.0.5 which fixes a few things. Namely:

- Fixed columns moving around when using the filter panel and changing the filter, then hiding the filter panel.

- Ensured club's don't recieve more than 20 regens players in a year

- Fixed Italian stadium bug fix

- Stopped interfering buying chairman from making the club bankrupt

- Fixed shortlist crash

- Removed limit on foreign players for Australian squads. (Previous fix only applied to match squads)

- Fixed UEFA coefficient calculation for 2004/05 season. Predefined UEFA Cup teams from the database were not updating the nation team count value thus resulting in a higher than usual coefficient.

Q. Is this an essential patch

No, unless the new changes listed below affect you - you do not need to download it

So yeah not an essential download unless you've suffered from these things. Puts a stop to the 100+ youth team signings which can only be a good thing. :P

Edited by King Ellis

So having a terrible season, I'm thinking I'll get fired, and blah blah.. I turn it around, I do well, we push higher.. and higher.. I win the premiership. I'm so proud, it's 2012, and I finally won the premiership with Newcastle. I'm 10th in the overall games Hall of Fame, too. Not bad.