Official Football Manager 2005 Topic

Thomas

The only country in North America is Mexico...:(

I assume that it was taken off in the most recent patches. I still play the original one, and it works fine for me. Anyway, to answer your first question about it.. It is perfectly accurate. Unlike previous CM's this one has (had) all the features and rules in it. I guess if they took it off there must have been some sort of dispute over MLS's rights that forced them to take it off.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The only country in North America is Mexico...:(

I assume that it was taken off in the most recent patches. I still play the original one, and it works fine for me. Anyway, to answer your first question about it.. It is perfectly accurate. Unlike previous CM's this one has (had) all the features and rules in it. I guess if they took it off there must have been some sort of dispute over MLS's rights that forced them to take it off.

Guest Pirate Chasin' Booty

I'm loving my Juve game, I drew Barcá in the first knockout stages of the champions league, I was worried, I beat them 9-3 over the 2 legs, I've single handidly turned defensive Italian football into a fucking goalfest, worship me.

Holy fuck, Tony Yeboah (remember him?) has been ON FIRE in my Aussie game. I had a bit of money, so I signed Yeboah and a good defence, an ok keeper, and I've gone from the laughing stock of Australia to a team with a more-than-good chance of winning the damn league :P

Yeboah has eight goals in six games. Which is lucky, because he's a lone striker in a 1-4-4-1 (the defence suck, so I gathered having more of them would make them suck a bit less).

Bloody hell is he still going? Last I heard he got done for tax evasion over in Hamburg but that was many moons ago. How many did he score from long shots? :P

BTW add me to the list of people who can run MLS. Only other thing I can suggest is setting the continent to view all, it might show up. Other then that, i'm stumped.

Edited by King Ellis

What is the best way of nurturing your youngsters?

I mean, I know lots of people use the reserves and under 18's as places to buy in young talent, and leave them thier to mature, but whats the best way of getting the most out of your current youngsters, as none of mine ever seem to come through.

I agree, I sometimes sign younger players with what I see as rubbish stats (my scouts recommend them) so I just chuck them in my reserves, but at the end of the day I haven't got the patience to watch them develop, I'd much rather sign that £17million on an experienced player.

I'm assuming alot of it is to do with training, which I can't be bothered with.

Fernandinho, buy him. valued at £3M but cost me £7M. He is 19 years old and plays in attack, his value as already shot to £10M after 2 games. Definately one for the future of the game, i currently have him partnering Rooney up front for Man Utd :)

I need a goalkeeper for my Arsenal game, I can't get Frey or Maarten Stakelenburg (sp?) and I also need a striker, who isn't named Robinho, Tevez or Cavenaghi. I have agreed a £13.5m fee with Zaragoza for David Villa who looks pretty class, any other options?

Morgan De Santis? check the Italian league teams, most of them have quality keepers, It'll be more obvious to me because I'm running the league, but there are loads.

Check Jan Lastuvka too, he was grumpy for my first 2 seasons and couldn't speak basic english, but give him a chance and he's like Stekelenberg's twin.

One more thing, are there any decent centre backs available for around £3-4m at the start of the game?

I need another, I just got Kompany.

And that will do, I just agreed a deal to get Downing at the end of the seaosn for £10m, bargain imo. B)

Edited by Gooner4Life