Official Football Manager 2005 Topic

Thomas

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thank fuck for Rolling Autosave, SWP has been amazing for me.

In three matches he's had three assists, one goal and two man of the match performances. Looks like I'll have to shift Olivera to Arsenal after all.

Also, I'm wondering is it worth signing Cassano from Roma? I'm Juve and last time I expressed my interest in him (as a replacement for Zalayata) the fans publicly voiced they're disproval - something about buying from a rival club. Thing is, they had no problem whatsoever when I bought Chivu from Roma. Anyway, he's leaving under the bossman ruling and I could have him in January for free but I'm not sure if there’s a place for him - bearing in mind I have Del Piero, Trezeguet, Ibramovich, Mutu and an unsettled yet decent Ryan Babel for back up. Should I buy him just for the sake of it or risk letting him go elsewhere?

Guest Red Devil

If i was you i'd pick him up at a reasonable wage and if you find out you don't need him you could always sell him on. You'll make some good money out of it either way.

As Man Utd i just managed to sign Fernando Torres on a free and Dimitar Berbatov, they will both join at the end of the season. Im currently top of the premiership unbeaten after 24 games won 18 drew 6. Next season i will be even better with Torres and Berby up front aswell as Rooney, RVN and Fernandinho (SUPERSTAR SIGN HIM)

Gah.

Just been sacked by Crystal Palace for having them in 17th half way through my fifth season.

What do you expect when AJ, Baros, Mokoena and Wiese are injured for four months each.

Now nobody will let me be their manager. I need a national man to get the sack.

My WBA game is going from strength to strength. I have now done the double over Man Utd following a 3-1 win over them at the Hawthorns. I've had an 11 game unbeaten run also and have played some really good football. 28 Games into the league in total with just 10 left, I'm only seven or eight points behind last seasons total in 12th place - and in the middle of a group of teams seperated by three points. So I could possibly slip to 15th or even head into 9th before the end of the season. Anything else would require some more consistant performances - which I have lacked since my unbeaten run.

My squads changing already for next year, but a lot of that factor was because my wage budget got slashed midway through the year.

So, Albrechtson, Maccarone and Robinson have all left to free up 50K of wages. While Emmerson Boyce has come in to fill a defensive void and Hugo Viana is set to join for 500K in the summer from Newcastle. Also I have agreed a contract with a striker called Garcia from Barcalona - he's got 20 on finishing.

Most enjoyable game since i've bought Football Manager, still really getting into this.

Just downloaded the latest patch and decided to start a new game with Leeds. I've made a couple of signings in Patrick Mboma on a free and Neil Mellor on a season-long loan, and I managed to offload Michael Duberry and Michael Ricketts to Milwall. :P

Alright, I am starting a new game soon with the new patch and with the FM Sorted update. What players can I pick up, preferably on a free, for Orient? All the players I used to go for arent there anymore or are just crap.

I’ve now got a bit of a striker dilemma. In the sense that I have too many.

After landing Cassano in a free transfer like I suggested I might a few pages back, beginning next season I will have six top strikers. I need to sell one, any ideas?

Ibrahimovic – Outstanding this season, had a few injury problems but really reaching his potential.

Del Piero – Recent drop in form after coming back from lengthy injury. Seems to be past his best but highly influential to the team and not worth enough to sell on.

Ryan Babel – 19 year old Dutch international, mainly used as a sub. Brought in as a replacement for Zalayata and after settling into the area has really been staking his claim for a first team place. Scores almost every time he’s brought on.

Trezeguet – Poor last season but in the absence of Del Piero has been the top striker partner this year winning world player of the year. Still worth quite a lot but might be worth hanging onto for a while longer.

Mutu – Seemed useless to begin with but has recently been performing great. Settled in well and decent enough to keep around.

Cassano – Leaving Roma on a bossman. Had to offer him high wages (£70,000) to keep him from going to Chelsea or Tottenham. Young and a potential star.

So there you go, five world class players with another arriving and only four available positions (bearing in mind a lot of squad rotation goes on). Who should I keep and who should I sell?

During the pre-season I've had Chelsea enquiring about Christiano Ronaldo. Then a few £20m offers came in. I said no. Then came in a £50m offer which was really really tempting as I had a very strong squad and I wouldn't miss him that much.

Just for a laugh I put it up to £90m with £20 after 30 league goals and £10m after 30 league appearances. They came back with that exact offer. Oh my god. I accepted it and now have about £150m to spend eventhough I don't particularly need to buy any players as I had managed to get a lot of out of contract players such as Motta, Mexes, Owen and got Petr Cech for £7m due to an unprotected contact.

I'm in 08/09 and about 11 games in sitting second in the table and top of my Champions League group.

I also got appointed as Ireland manager and have won all my World Cup qualifiers. First was against Albania which we won 3-1, then we stuffed Andorra 5-0. Next were the Germans which was definitely going to be a tough task. Clinton Morrison scored after 50 minutes and then we held on for a famous win in Berlin.

Get in, can't beat a good Gretna game. Walked the title in my first season. Bingham and Deucher Are amazing up front, and Graham is good cover. Brough in Djordic from Rangers, A goalkeeper called Allan McGregor from Boston and Mikko Paateleinen from Aberdeen.

Just for laughs, I decided to start a game with Basingstoke.

:(

Things aren't going to well. Played a bunch of pre-season games against "mediocre" teams (according to my scout), and just can't score. Brought in a couple of loan signings (mainly from Premiership/Div 1 U21 or reserve sides), but so far they haven't really done anything. Hopefully things'll pick up when the actual season starts.

Edited by The Rock Box

Don't count on it with these sides. Without wanting to particularly plug things my diary is a great example of how these teams can under perform even by their lowly standard.

I've nbever played as Basingstoke, what are their pre-season expectations, at this level that is a huge example of exactly what should happen even dispite your best efforts.

Another idea is to look around for freebies with high stats specifically, don't worry about the complete packaghe so much since you'lll be lucky to find a top all rounder. An example, again taken from the diary since it is my most current and fresh in my mind game, Stuart Darby is a 19 (I think) rated finisher and tends to take most good chances for a goal, the rest of his stats are lowly but with a supply from a high crossing winger and he'll do the job.

Just for laughs, I decided to start a game with Basingstoke.

sad.gif

Things aren't going to well. Played a bunch of pre-season games against "mediocre" teams (according to my scout), and just can't score. Brought in a couple of loan signings (mainly from Premiership/Div 1 U21 or reserve sides), but so far they haven't really done anything. Hopefully things'll pick up when the actual season starts.

Pick up Nicky Hill and Jordan Hall if you can. Nick Hill is a central defender that is quite good, he has 11 for heading, tackling and marking. Jordan hall can cross a ball, thats all you really need for a winger that low down.

If you are having trouble scoring, play about with your set peices. Get your best headers of the ball in the box more for them and things like that.