Official Football Manager 2005 Topic

Thomas

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That's why I never start at a big club. You win everything and it's boring.

Relegation battles/promotion-chasing > winning titles.

Exactly, I hate the lack of 'realism' otherwise, I have to start out in the lowest division or at least a division in which my rookie managerial roots will not be questioned.

Guest Pirate Chasin' Booty

Finally after waiting for what seemed like ages, I've jumped ship to Deportivo, I have a massive squad with too many foreigners, I'm not sure what the previous manager was thinking, theres a maximum of 3!

I've got a massive transfer budget too, I'm selling off most of my team and starting over, Defoe has left Juve to follow me too.

Started a league with Arsenal of all people, I'm interested to see whether their lack of squad depth is easy to get around on FM.

My team for the Charity Shield, after selling Lauren (4 million, Real Madrid) and Almunia (1 Million, Zaragoza) is:

GK: Steklenberg

DR: Sagnol

DL: Cole

DC: Senderos (Campbell back at the end of the month)

DC: Toure

MR: Ljunberg

ML: Pires

MC: Edu

MC: Viera

FC: Henry

FC: Reyes/Zidan (The Egyptian, not French. It's spelt differently, but just to avoid confusion)

Not much has changed, but there's certainly a bit more depth with the signing of Zidan. I'm not going to sign anymore foreigners, so it's British all the way now.

Thats whats confused me. It seems that you can only have a certain amount of players registered to play in Spain at one time. If they aren't registered, they can only play in European matches (if you register them for that, of course).

However, there is no set way to register them it seems, and I have no idea to sort it out for Dyer and Schwiensteiger.

From what I remember from my short-lasting (see, one month game time) Sevilla game, you're only aloud to name 25 players to use in Spanish league and cup for that season. I think come January you can add/remove a few though. It's really stupid.

Yeh, I had that problem with Spanish teams, it is gay.

mudda, you are running the top leagues from Italy, England and Spain yeh?

How long does it take to process? Is it the same sort of speed that you would get from having just English leagues chosen?

I started one but it was taking like 20+ minutes to load up and I got annoyed so exited and didn't do it again. Did it take yours that long to load up? Mine never usually does, usually takes 4 minutes with all English leagues.

Guest Pirate Chasin' Booty

Nah, it loaded pretty fast, the game loads itself up fast too and other than the odd annoying first rounds of the FA cup games of teams I don't care about, I don't notice it.

Just don't do the mistake of registering players under 21. Under 21 players who play for your B squad are allowed to play on the A team without being registered. Actually i'm not sure about the age limit but it works that way. There must be a faq somewhere who explains it. Also, in Spain don't be too surprised if that spanish guy from Barcelona you bought doesn't settle. It's a different language (although similar) and the weather is different. Guys with low adaptability will have trouble being transfered from some regions in Spain to others.