World Wrestling Federation 1996

Hewey

user posted image

Credit Jack Krauser for the logo

Date: January 24, 1997

On Monday night we saw Bret Hart be crowned the number one contender to the WWF Championship, Bret Hart will meet Scott Hall for the WWF Championship this Monday night on Monday Night Raw. But tonight we'll see Bret Hart team up with Sycho Sid to face the newest tag team in the WWF, Vader and British Bulldog! This should be quite the awesome match up, All four of these men have had some history in the past, And tonight they'll all be in the ring! This should be the biggest main event ever on Friday Night Mayhem! Which team will get the win? Can Bret Hart keep his momentum going after his impressive win on Monday Night Raw?

Owen hart and Scott Hall will also be in Vancouver. Neither men are happy over what happened on Monday Night Raw, Owen will not get a title shot, While Hall faces Bret Hart on Monday night. What will happen when both of these men show up?

Matches for Friday Night Mayhem

Taka Michinoku Vs. Brian Christopher

Ten Team Battle Royal

Winners Will Meet Mr. Perfect And Rick Martel This Monday Night For A Shot At The WWF Tag Team Championship

Featuring- The Quebecers, Fatu and Yokozuna, Harris Brothers, Brian Adams and Brian Lee, Island Boyz, Brian Pillman and Chris Benoit, Doug Furnas and Phillip LaFon, PG-13, Hardy Boyz and Suicide Blonds

Ron Simmons Vs. "All American" Bart Gunn

Jesse James Vs. Al Snow

Billy Kidman Vs. Ace Darling

Vader and British Bulldog Vs. Bret Hart and Sycho Sid

Plus, Scott Hall and Owen Hart will be in the building! Commissioner Ric Flair will also be in attendance! All this and much more on UPN!

user posted image

Channel: UPN

Time Slot: Prime Time

Date: January 24, 1997

Attendance: 10,001

Ticket Sales: $400,040

Announcers: Jonathan Coachman and Dok Hendrix

Voice Over- The World Wrestling Federation, For over fifty years the revolutionary force in sports entertainment.

Friday Night Mayhem comes on the air with a video package showing great World Wrestling Federation action. When the video ends, We're taken inside the arena where pyro goes off from the rafters and from the entrance way. We then head over to our announce position where Jonathan Coachman and Dok Hendrix are standing by. They are very excited and hype up tonight's big show.

Taka Michinoku Vs. Brian Christopher

Taka Michinoku made his debut at the Royal Rumble, And eliminated Christopher's father, Jerry "The King" Lawler. The crowd was into this match, Taka Michinoku seems to be very over for a guy who just made his debut last Sunday night, While many fans hate Christopher. The crowd started chanting "faggot" at Christopher and booed when he started taunting them. This one was a great encounter between two young men who could be crowned the first ever World Wrestling Federation Light Heavyweight Champion. Taka started out using his speed to take control of the match, Christopher kept getting frustrated by not being able to gain an advantage. Christopher was finally able to take control of this one after he caught Taka off the apron with a sunset flip into a powerbomb, Driving Taka's head into the steel ramp way at ringside! Christopher then suplexed Taka on the ramp way! The action came back into the ring with Christopher still getting the best of Michinoku. Christopher hit Taka at one point of the match with a devastating drop kick, Turning Taka inside out. Taka was able to make the comeback after Christopher went up top and missed the Tennessee Jam. Taka started gaining several near falls on Christopher, Really getting the crowd hot at this point. The ending came when Christopher took Taka out with a sitout powerbomb. Taka was down so Christopher went up top. Taka got up, And Christopher came off the top, But Taka drop kicked him in midair! Taka then lifted Christopher up and delivered the Michinoku Driver to score the pin fall. Taka Michinoku headed to the back slapping hands with the fans at ringside, While Christopher threw a fit.

83, 75, 91 ***3/4

Ric Flair Lays Down The Law To Owen Hart

We go to the back where we see a angry Owen Hart arriving into the arena. Owen Hart shoves a couple enhancement wrestlers and asks them where the Commissioner is, They don't know, So Owen gets pissed off and attacks all three men, Tossing them into the wall. Owen Hart heads off and finds the office of the Commissioner. Owen Hart opens the door and we see Ric Flair at his desk.

Ric Flair- Owen Hart, I didn't know you were gonna be here tonight, What can I do for you?

Owen Hart- You can give me a WWF Championship match tonight! Me and Scott Hall one on one tonight for the WWF Championship! I'm winning the title tonight!

Ric Flair- I'm sorry Owen, But that match ain't happening. You won't get a title shot tonight at Scott Hall.

Owen Hart- Why not? I am one of the best wrestlers in the company Flair! I deserve a title shot!

Ric Flair- You didn't win the triple threat match on Monday night, That's why. Your brother Bret did. He defeated Scott Hall in the triple threat match and he's fighting Scott Hall on Monday Night Raw for the World Wrestling Federation Championship!

Owen Hart- He's fighting Hall on Monday night, But not tonight! I know Hall is here tonight, Give me Hall tonight! I want the title shot!

Ric Flair- You can want the title shot all you want, But you're not having it. And you weren't even suppose to be here tonight, I gave you the night off. So I suggest you get your ass outta here.

Owen Hart- I'll leave, But let me tell you something Flair, I will be at Monday Night Raw. And I will make sure that neither Scott Hall or Bret are able to walk after their match. Hell, There might not even be a match on Monday Night Raw!

Ric Flair- Really? You wanna be a tough guy? You wanna try to screw up Monday Night Raw? Let me tell you something, You little arrogant jackass! Not only will you not be here tonight, But if I see your ass on Monday Night Raw, If I see you in the building, You will be thrown out! I do not want you showing up this Monday night! You got that?

Owen Hart- You can tell me to not show up Flair, But you won't stop me. Lets see how well your main event will go this Monday night when neither Hall or Bret will be able to even make it to the ring.

Owen Hart leaves the office and slams the door on his way out. Flair goes back to working on some papers.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Ten Team Battle Royal

Winners Will Meet Mr. Perfect And Rick Martel Monday Night For A Shot At The WWF Tag Team Championship

Featuring- The Quebecers, Fatu and Yokozuna, Harris Brothers, Brian Adams and Brian Lee, Island Boyz, Brian Pillman and Chris Benoit, Doug Furnas and Phillip LaFon, PG-13, Hardy Boyz and Suicide Blonds

Usual tag team battle royal here, Everyone ganged up on Yokozuna (except Fatu of course) to send his ass over that top rope, Fatu then attacked a few guys in the battle royal, For ganging up on Yokozuna. This one saw former Brotherhood members, The Harris Brothers and Lee/Adams eliminate each other and brawl all the way to the back. The final four teams ended up being The Quebecers/Benoit and Pillman/PG-13 and the Suicide Blonds. Benoit and Pillman were the first to go after Cage tossed Benoit over the top rope. The Quebecers then tossed out Wolfie D, Leaving The Suicide Blonds and The Quebecers. All four men went at it like mad men, Trying to win the battle royal. The ending came when Christian Cage was coming off the ropes to hit Pierre, And Jacques was on the apron, Jacques pulled the ropes down, Sending Cage out to the floor! The Quebecers posed after the match, They'll meet Rick Martel and Mr. Perfect for the WWF Tag Team Championship this Monday night!

67, 69, 63 3/4*

Marty Explains Where The Million Dollar Championship Is

We go to the back where Michael Cole is standing by at the door of the Party Squad's dressing room. There's loud music playing and shouting coming out of the room. Cole opens the door and we see Jannetty, Koko and Hammer all dancing. There's also some random guys hanging around.

Michael Cole- Marty Jannetty, It seems like you're still partying after your win over Duke Droese for the Million Dollar Championship on Monday Night Raw, Who are all these people?

Jannetty starts dancing at Cole while Koko dances behind Cole. Hammer dances on the table while the random guys lay around, Looking pretty out of it.

Marty Jannetty- Who are all these people? They're the party followers! People we get when we go all over the country to party with us! We got people from Florida, Canada, New York! All ready to drop down and party! Marty drops down on the floor and dances. See, The Party Squad isn't about matches, Or being the best, It's about making a party out of life Cole! Marty nips up and dances. We love to party, We love to have fun, Winning and wrestling is secondary. We in the Party Squad came back to the WWF for the fun, For the ladies, And for the partying!

Michael Cole- Well, You beat Duke Droese on Monday night for the Million Dollar Championship. Droese is pretty upset, Droese wants a rematch from what I understand, And........ Where's the title?

Marty Jannetty- Title?

Michael Cole- The Million Dollar Championship? You won it on Monday night.........

Marty Jannetty- Oh, The diamond title thing?

Michael Cole- Yeah, Where is it?

Marty Jannetty- I sold it to some guys at the gas station.

Michael Cole- What? Why?

Marty Jannetty- Our van broke down, And Marty lost his wallet, So I sold the belt to these group of mystery solving teenagers, They gave me one hundred dollars! And they had a cool dog too!

Michael Cole- That belt is worth over forty thousand dollars Marty!

Marty Jannetty- laughs Really? Well, I guess those are gonna be some rich kids now! But it doesn't matter, It was just some title. Hell, It wasn't even a WWF title! Forget the Million Dollar Championship Michael, You need to party with us!

Michael Cole- What?

Marty shoves Cole into the dance where Koko and Hammer start dancing at him, There's no way out for Cole as the music plays. Marty shuts the door as we go to a commercial break.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Ron Simmons Vs. "All American" Bart Gunn

This one was surprisingly a great match up, The crowd was quite hot for it, But Bart Gunn didn't get cheers, Instead he got booed. Ron Simmons came down to the ring yelling why he wasn't on Monday Night Raw, And confronted the announcers why he wasn't on Raw, Coachman was almost begging for his life, But Simmons went into the ring instead. Bart Gunn had control of this one early, But Simmons was able to catch Bart with a powerslam. Simmons tossed Bart out to the floor and send Bart into the steel steps! Simmons then slammed Bart on the outside and tossed Bart in the guardrail! Simmons controlled the match inside the ring by choking down Bart and using kicks and punches in the corner. Simmons came pretty close to winning it after delivering a spinebuster to Bart, But Bart Gunn somehow kicked out. Bart Gunn then started to make the comeback and caught Simmons with three atomic drops and three clotheslines. Bart went for the Forearm Shot, But Simmons ducked and Bart hit the corner! Simmons took Bart down with the Dominator and scored the win. After the match ended, Simmons lifted Bart back up and delivered another Dominator to Bart! Ron Simmons stood over Bart Gunn and yelled "don't you ever disrespect me again!"

80, 75, 86 ***1\4

Will Austin And Snow Work Things Out?

We go the locker room area where we see Al Snow getting ready for his match. Steve Austin comes into the locker room with a smile on his face.

Al Snow- Steve, Haven't seen you all day. I thought you weren't gonna be here tonight.

Steve Austin- What kind of crazy talk is that? Of course I'd be here! I know we've had our problems over the last few weeks, But come on Al! We been a team for like months man! We're two time champions! We need to work things out!

Al Snow- I do agree that things have been a bit weird, But I'm sure we'll handle them. I am sorry for what happened on Monday Night Raw, You know, With you tapping out to Benoit?

Steve Austin- Yeah, And I am sorry I got distracted by you being out on the floor in pain after I accidentally hit you with a knee, But lets not make a big deal out of this. I heard you got a one on one match tonight with Jesse James, Is that right?

Al Snow- Yeah, Me and James one on one tonight. I can't remember the last time I had a singles match, You know?

Steve Austin- It's funny, I thought you would be concerned with getting us entered in the ten team battle royal, But I guess a singles match is more important.

Al Snow- Come on Steve, Don't be like that. I haven't wrestled one on one in awhile, And besides, You know we can get a rematch anytime we want, We're former champions. We'll fight Mr. Perfect and Rick Martel whenever we want, Right now I think we should be concerned with getting some singles titles.

Steve Austin- Right, Well I'll be out there cheering you on when you take on that sorry bastard James, Stone Cold and Snow, Side by side! Ruling the WWF!

Al Snow- Actually Steve, Would you mind staying back here for this? It's my first singles match in quite sometime, I wanna beat James on my own. We'll hang out after I'm done, All right man?

Steve Austin- All right, On your own. I got you man. I understand, I'll just sit back here and watch the match. Good luck Al.

Al Snow- Thanks Steve, I'll see you later man.

Al Snow leaves the locker room while Austin sits down. Austin's expression changes from happy to angry in a flash.

Steve Austin- Ungrateful piece of trash.

Steve Austin gained overness from this segment.

Al Snow gained overness from this segment.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Jesse James Vs. Al Snow

Al Snow came down to the ring without Steve Austin. Jesse James and Al Snow had quite the match up, As the referee let them go. They brawled all through out the ringside area, With James tossing a steel chair at Snow's face! The referee seemed to be a bit more lenient here and allowed them to go at it. Snow went to walk the guardrail and jump onto James, But James caught Snow and powerslammed Snow on the padded floor! That's when Austin made his way down to the ringside area. They went back into the ring where Austin got up on the apron and distracted James long enough for Snow to super kick him for a near fall. Al Snow choked James in the corner while Austin stood at ringside and clapped Snow on. Austin ended up distracting Snow accidentally when he slipped at ringside and acted like he injured his knee, This allowed James to roll Snow up from behind and get a very close near fall. James made the comeback and hit Snow with the shake rattle n roll right hands and followed up with the Pump Handle Slam for a near fall. James set Snow up for another Pump Handle Slam, But Austin jumped up on the apron and nailed James with a right hand, For a disqualification! Austin came into the ring and hit the Stone Cold Stunner to James! Austin stomped down on James in the corner while Snow got up. Snow didn't look happy, But joined Austin in on attacking James. They tossed James out to the floor and stared each other down, They shook hands and posed on the ropes.

90, 91, 89 ***3/4

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Billy Kidman Vs. Ace Darling with Devon Storm

Dead crowd for this match up, The crowd had no idea who Darling or Storm were. And Kidman had a few "ECW" chants. This one was a decent match with no crowd interest. Darling pulled off a top rope bulldog to Kidman, With Storm interfering a couple times as well. Kidman at one point tossed Darling out to the floor and came running off the apron with a shooting star press to Darling. But Storm got involved again and super kicked Kidman behind the referee's back. Darling took control of the match in the ring and came very close to winning it after driving Kidman down with a sitout powerbomb. The ending came when Darling went to whip Kidman into the ropes, Storm tried to trip Kidman, But Kidman reversed and Storm accidentally tripped Darling down! Kidman then rolled Darling up and got the win! After the match ended, Darling and Storm laid a beating on Kidman, Until Jerry Lynn ran down to no pop and made the save. Coachman said there was unity in the Light Heavyweight division.

51, 29, 73 3/4*

This match suffered because the crowd were still pumped up from the last one, and so this bout was seen as something of a let-down to them.

Goldust Has Found Him?

We go to the back where we see Marlena standing by sitting in her directors chair, And then on the floor in a gold carpet, Goldust is shown.

Marlena- Have you found what you been looking for Goldust?

Goldust- Oh yes Marlena, Lets just say I found what I been looking and searching for a long time. I finally found him, He makes my past accomplishments look like nothing. He's the one.

Marlena- When are you gonna approach him? When will the fans see him? When will it happen?

Goldust- Soon Marlena, Very soon. Infact, I think I'll reveal him to the world at the next WWF Pay Per View, In Your House "The Final Journey" life February 16, From Chattanooga, Tennessee. I think then and only then the world will ready.

Marlena- What will they say Goldust? What will the world say when he's revealed?

Goldust- Marlena, If the WWF thought Goldust coming into the WWF was a big shock, They ain't seen nothing yet. The fact is, This man what this golden heart desires. And I know he wants the very same thing, He just hasn't come out so to speak. But mark my words, At In Your House "The Final Journey", He will take a journey he'll never forget. And he will also never forget the name of Goldust.

Marlena- Whoever you are, Don't be scared when Goldust comes for you on February 16, It's something you been needing for a long time.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

WWF Slam Of The Week- Chris Benoit makes Steve Austin tap out to the Crippler Crossface! (Monday Night Raw 1/20/97)

Vader and British Bulldog Vs. Bret Hart and Sycho Sid

This is the first match Bulldog and Vader wrestled as a official tag team, And it seems like they're going to be pushed as a tag team for awhile, Since the WWF already has some plans leading into Wrestlemania 13 and new guys are going to be put on top of the card.Vader and Bulldog used their brute force here in the beginning to try to win this one early, But Sid and Bret hart took it to the newest tag team. All four men brawled in the ring with Bret Hart and Sid getting the best of Vader and Bulldog. The action went to the outside where we saw Vader ram Bret Hart into the steel ring post and then slam Hart on the ramp way! Bulldog and Sid fought at the announce position, With Bulldog grabbing a monitor and ramming it into Sid's face, Busting Sid open in the nose. Bret Hart took most of the punishment from Vader and his brother in law, Bulldog. Vader tossed Bret Hart around the ring a few times and kept running down the excellence of execution with powerful clotheslines. Bulldog used his suplex on Hart and even connected with the Running Powerslam for a pin fall. Bret Hart kept taking a beating until he caught Bulldog with a DDT and made the hot tag to Sid. Sycho Sid came into the ring and ran down Vader and Bulldog with a pair of clotheslines. Sid Choke Slammed Vader and almost grabbed the win right there. Sid and Bulldog ended out on the floor with Bret and Vader as the legal men somehow. The referee was on the outside, Bret Hart took Vader down with a body slam and applied the Sharpshooter! Before Vader could tap out, Scott Hall ran down from the back with a steel chair and nailed Hart over the head with it! Hall left the ring as Vader dragged Hart to the corner and hit the Vader Bomb to "The Hitman"! Vader covered Bret and got the win! Sid comes into the ring and Hall drills him with a chair shot to the head as well!

89, 92, 83 ***1\2

Ric Flair Adds A Stipulation For Monday Night Raw!

Right after the match ends, Bulldog and Vader go to the back. Scott Hall stands over both Sycho Sid and Bret Hart. The crowd cheers as the music of Commissioner Ric Flair begins to play to a huge ovation from the crowd. The Commissioner is shown on the big screen.

Ric Flair- Woooooooo! Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada! Woooooooo! "The Nature Boy" is here! Scott Hall, I appreciate the fact you're the WWF Champion and you're trying to take out the competition before Monday night. Hell, I did every time I had the title. I can also appreciate the fact that you hit Bret with a steel chair, So maybe you'll have a little edge on Monday Night Raw. I can appreciate that Scott Hall. But you know, Owen Hart was out here tonight talking about how the match wasn't going to happen, And how one of you wouldn't even be able to wrestle on Monday night. So I came up with the brilliant idea of having Owen Hart's ass tossed out of the building. And if he shows up Monday night, Then he'll probably ruin my main event. I know Bret can't hear this since he's knocked out, But champ......... I need to tell you something, This Monday night we'll see you and Bret Hart for that title. And to make sure Owen Hart doesn't get involved, I feel that it's in my best interest to tell you that you'll be facing Bret Hart in a cage match! And, Incase Owen does try to interfere, There will be a shark cage above the ring, If Owen tries anything, I'll lock his ass in there and raise the cage! And......... I'll be at ringside for the cage match! Wooooooo!

Ric Flair's music plays as the Commissioner heads to the back. Friday Night Mayhem goes off the air with the announcers screaming about the cage match, And how Hall's title reign might come to an end this Monday night!

Overall Rating- 80

TV Rating- 7.51

News

- Matt Borne has checked into rehab

- Shawn Michaels will be out for the rest of the month with a back injury. Michaels injured his back during a house show match with Hunter Hearst Helmsley when Michaels took a hard flip to the turnbuckle.

- Sycho Sid will be out for the rest of the month with a broken nose. Sid got his nose broken when Bulldog hit him in the face with the monitor.

RAW Saturday Night

Channel: USA Network

Time Slot: Late Evening

Date: January 25, 1997

Attendance: 10,045

Ticket Sales: $401,800

Announcers: Todd Pettengill and Shane McMahon

Voice Over- The World Wrestling Federation, For over fifty years the revolutionary force in sports entertainment.

RAW Saturday Night comes on the air with a video package showing great World Wrestling Federation action. When the video ends, We're taken to inside the arena where pyro goes off from the rafters and from the entrance way. We then head over to our announce position where Todd Pettengill and Shane McMahon are standing by. They are very excited and hype up tonight's big show.

Chavo Guerrero Vs. Danny Doring

Now this one was a excellent match, Chavo is big time over in the WWF for one reason or another, Doring wrestled for ECW, And got fired earlier in the year. He's on a open contract, And he'll most likely be gone when the Light Heavyweight Champion is decided, Though judging by this match, The WWF would be stupid letting Doring go. Shane and Todd kept talking about HBK's injury, And how Shawn Michaels wouldn't be at Monday Night Raw or Friday Night Mayhem this week, Todd shared his sympathy for Shawn, Saying Todd knows what it's like to have some grueling back injuries. Doring played the heel here, And did some work over Chavo's back. Doring showed alot of talent out there, But couldn't put away what some people might say is the leader of the Light Heavyweight division, Chavo Guerrero. Chavo Guerrero made the comeback after Doring missed a leg drop off the top. Chavo sold his back injury, And couldn't get Doring over in the Brainuster. Chavo picked up the win after countering Danny Doring's Wham Bam Thank You Ma'am into a pinning situation for the win.

78, 61, 95 ***3/4

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Jacobs with Bob Backlund and Hollywood Holly with Chris Kanyon Vs. Jim "The Anvil" Neidhart and Kamala

The announcers kept hyping Jacobs' Royal Rumble performance, But sadly it looks like Jacobs isn't going to do much for now. Some people blame Sid for not wanting to job to Jacobs back in October, Making Jacobs look like a total puss. Hollywood Holly on the other hand, Is getting more over as a heel each and every time he's out there. Shane kept asking if Kanyon really had a knee injury, Due to his constant interference in Holly's matches, But Todd told Shane to shut his mouth and not question Kanyon. Kanyon kept getting involved, Interfering and messing with Neidhart and Kamala behind the referee's back. Kamala will be gone in February, Since he was brought in for one month. Jacobs Choke Slammed Kamala for the victory. After the match ended, Hollywood and Kanyon stood back while Backlund shouted for Jacobs to do more! Jacobs Choke Slammed Neidhart as well!

73, 74, 71 *3/4

COMMERCIAL BREAK

"The Wildman" Marc Mero with Sable Vs. Disco Inferno

Another good match here, And hopefully the WWF starts pushing Disco. He was great here, Playing the crowd and dancing at Sable. A feud between Disco and Marty Jannetty would be pretty cool to see, Mero and Disco had a solid showing, With the fans behind "The Wildman" all the way. Disco Inferno got the advantage after connecting with a swinging neck breaker to Mero. Disco took Mero to the outside and send Mero to the steel guardrail four times! Todd and Shane ignored most of the match and kept hyping Monday's Raw as the biggest Monday Night Raw in history. Mero picked up the win after taking Disco down with a samoan drop and following with the Wild Thing for the win.

79, 76, 82 ***

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Duke "The Money Maker" Droese, Simon Diamond and Johnny Swinger with Dawn Marie Vs. Suicide Blonds and D'Lo Brown

Droese was more aggressive here, Due to him not only losing the Million Dollar Championship on Monday Night Raw, But never being able to gain it back period. This one was a great six men tag team match, And with all of his great performances, D'Lo Brown is no doubt a favorite to be in line for a push this year. The Money Mine had control of this one after they isolated the young Christian Cage. Cage took one hell of a beating and was kept away from his partners. Christian Cage took one hell of a bump, When Simon tossed him off the top rope, Sending him out to the floor back first! Cage somehow recovered took down both Diamond and Swinger with a falling reverse DDT. Cage then nailed Droese with a spinning heel kick and made the hot tag to Copeland. All hell broke loose with all six men getting involved. D'Lo and Cage ended out on the floor fighting Swinger and Diamond. Copeland seemed to have Droese beat after planting him with a DDT, But he went to come off the ropes instead and got caught by the Money Compactor, Giving Droese the win for this team.

80, 74, 87 ***1\4

COMMERCIAL BREAK

WWF Slam Of The Week- Vader delivers the Vader Bomb on "The Hitman" for the win! (Friday Night Mayhem 1/24/97)

Interview with The Patriot

We were taken to the back where Kevin Kelly was standing by with The Patriot. Kelly pretty much hyped The Patriot's return six days ago at the Royal Rumble and talked about The Patriot's performance on Monday Night Raw. When asked why he came to WWF, The Patriot responded by saying he came to the WWF to defend America from all it's evil doers and to become the WWF Champion. (don't they all wanna be WWF Champion?) The Patriot hyped his match with Tiger, Saying Tiger wasn't a hero, He was just a asshole.

The Patriot Vs. "Hindu Hero" Tiger Ali Singh

A pretty good main event here, With the crowd behind The Patriot. Singh isn't really all that over, But the crowd chanted "USA" through out the match when he was in control. Shane kept milking The Patriot's return to the ring, Saying it was like Hall's, Martel's and Perfect's while Todd said he and The Patriot were from way back, And that Todd would make sure to get The Patriot on his side to protest Jim Ross announcing the Pay Per View events. The Patriot came down to the ring with a flag of the United States, With Tiger looking at him with anger. Tiger didn't really do much on The Patriot, As The Patriot ran him down with several clotheslines and used his power to keep Tiger down. The Patriot came off the top with the Patriot Missile, And finished Tiger off with the Uncle Slam for the win. RAW Saturday Night went off the air with The Patriot celebrating.

74, 67, 82 **3/4

Overall Rating- 74

TV Rating- 2.76

Competition

Saturday Night

TV Rating- 1.96

Attendance- 7,514

Ticket Sales- $300,560

Hardcore TV

TV Rating- 2.93

Attendance- 1,258

Ticket Sales- $37,740

Worldwide

TV Rating- 3.91

Attendance- 7,531

Ticket Sales- $301,240

ABWF Clock Strikes Twelve

Attendance- 32

Ticket Sales- $320

ECW War Machine

Attendance- 3,657

Ticket Sales- $146,280

Notes

"Here is my weekly report on our battle with WCW. We are seen as having better workers, and this is causing fans to choose us over them." -Sophie

"Our ratings battle with Hardcore TV is so close that neither show is gaining a clear advantage!" -Sophie

"The Patriot and Tiger Ali Singh work pretty well together due to their similar styles." -Pat Patterson

"Chavo Guerrero and Danny Doring work pretty well together due to their similar styles." -Pat Patterson

News

- Rick Rude is rumored to be coming back by Wrestlemania time, The WWF's only problem with Rude is the WWF can't decide on who Rude should manage, The WWF has no idea on who would be a good pair with Rude right now. (this is true lol, If you want you can pm me who'd make a good client for Rude.)

Also, If you won a prediction contest in the past and didn't get to make a guy in EWR like the other readers, just pm me the information and I'll gladly make you a guy on EWR and put them on the roster. But if you already have a guy in the game, Don't PM me, This is for only those who won and didn't get to make a guy.

For the stuff you need to put, Go back a few posts and look at the one I made after the Rumble, With the contest results

Edited by Baby Hewey

Guest Prototype

Good shows. The cage match on Monday will be good. Im wondering who Goldust is going after. Good to see him get a push though. HBK being out sucks, but atleast its only for a month. Is the Million Dollar Title now inactive since Marty sold the belt?

Good shows. The cage match on Monday will be good. Im wondering who Goldust is going after. Good to see him get a push though. HBK being out sucks, but atleast its only for a month. Is the Million Dollar Title now inactive since Marty sold the belt?

Good show, and I am glad that the Million Dollar title is gone. Suck Marty had it for a day, but whatever.

The Cage match should be good, but I don't see Hall losing the belt so close to PPV time.

Shame about HBK, but at least it's only a month and not half the year. I'd feel worse for Sid, but I don't really like him :-p.

Hopefully the Quebecers win, since I like them :shifty:

I sent my created dude, so look for him to be world champion in 2002.

user posted image

Date: January 27, 1997

Tonight will no doubt be the biggest Monday Night Raw in World Wrestling Federation history. Tonight the WWF Championship will be put on the line in a cage match! Scott Hall defends the title against the man he defeated at the Royal Rumble, Bret "The Hitman". Bret hart was able to defeat Hall in last week's triple threat match to earn a shot tonight. Commissioner Ric Flair made this a Cage match this past Friday night. And Owen Hart, The man who claims that this match will not happen tonight, Has been banned from the building! And incase Owen does show up, If he interferes in the match or even comes close to the ringside area, He'll be locked in a shark cage and raised above the ring! And the question is, Who will walk out of Monday Night Raw with the World Wrestling Federation Championship? Can Scott Hall retain the title tonight, Or will "The Hitman" become a four time WWF Champion? It's all or nothing tonight in the biggest main event in Monday Night Raw history!

Last week we found out that Shawn Michaels has been sidelined for the rest of the month with a back injury, The man responsible for injuring Michaels, Cactus Jack will be in Philadelphia. We'll be hearing from Cactus Jack tonight on Monday Night Raw. What will this crazy individual have to say after putting Michaels out for the rest of the month?

Matches for Monday Night Raw

Number One Contenders Match For The World Wrestling Federation Intercontinental Championship

The Winner Will Meet Hunter Hearst Helmsley At In Your House "The Final Journey"

The Patriot Vs. Scott Steiner

The Quebecers and Billy Gunn Vs. Mr. Perfect, Rick Martel and "The Wildman" Marc Mero

The Undertaker Vs. Duke "The Money Maker" Droese

Brian Adams and Brian Lee Vs. Harris Brothers

World Wrestling Federation Championship

Cage Match

Bret Hart Vs. Scott Hall©

Plus, Ken Shamrock will be in Philadelphia, After last weeks comments by Scott Taylor, You know that Shamrock will have something to say tonight. Plus, We'll also be hearing from Goldust! Who is this mysterious person Goldust talked about? All this and much more action tonight on the USA Network!

Edit, The tag title match will take place on FNM, Sorry for the lateness of the preview, But I was busy today. Show should be up tomorrow

Edited by Baby Hewey

user posted image

Channel: USA Network

Date: January 27, 1997

Attendance: 10,031

Ticket Sales: $401,240

Announcers: Jim Ross and Vince McMahon

Monday Night Raw comes on the air with a video package showing great World Wrestling Federation action. When the video ends, We're taken inside the arena where pyro goes off from the rafters and from the entrance way. We then head over to our announce position where Vince McMahon and Jim Ross are standing by. They are very excited and hype up tonight's big show.

Number One Contenders Match For The World Wrestling Federation Intercontinental Championship

The Winner Will Meet Hunter Hearst Helmsley At In Your House "The Final Journey"

The Patriot Vs. Scott Steiner

Hunter Hearst Helmsley came down to the announce position to provide commentary for this match. Scott Steiner seems to be in the dog house after making comments about the WWF on the radio this past Sunday morning. This one was a good match, Despite Steiner telling the writers that he wasn't going to lose to The Patriot. The Patriot looked really good here with Steiner, Pulling out a solid match with a hot crowd to counteract the opening of Nitro, Which had The Triple Threat fight Hogan and Savage in a impromptu brawl. McMahon and Ross kept hyping The Patriot's return to the ring after a two year absence, With Helmsley saying The Patriot took two years off because he was afraid of going to the WWF and facing the man who's defeated Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels and The Undertaker which is himself of course. Steiner took control of this one after delivering a overhead belly to belly suplex on The Patriot. But he couldn't put The Patriot down. The Patriot kept fighting back. The Patriot delivered three atomic drops to Steiner and followed up with a hard clothesline. The Patriot pointed the sky and headed up top. Steiner got up to his feet and was met by the Patriot Missile from The Patriot! With the fans chanting "USA", The Patriot picked Steiner up and delivered the Uncle Slam to Steiner for the win and a chance to become the Intercontinental Champion! Afterwords, Helmsley left his seat and grabbed his title. Helmsley left the ringside area while The Patriot posed on the ropes. Helmsley posed on top of the ramp way with the Intercontinental Championship while the announcers hyped the match between The Patriot and Hunter Hearst Helmsley on February 16th.

84, 85, 83 ***1\4

Scott Steiner lost overness from this match.

The Patriot gained overness from this match.

Is He Here Tonight?

Our cameras take us to the back where we see a door with Goldust's name on a star. The camera goes into the dressing room where we see Goldust sitting on a golden couch with Marlena taking a seat on her directors chair.

Goldust- He's gonna be here tonight Marlena, I heard about it. And I can't wait to see him arrive tonight, It's going to be like the red carpet all over again. And after February 16th, Everyone will know who this man is. And he won't be able to turn down a shattered dreams production. This man has been in my mind and everyone of the Goldust followers minds ever since he's step foot in the World Wrestling Federation. Everyone has seen what he's capable of, But I want to see more. And come In Your House "The Final Journey", Goldust will make sure he realizes that together we're capable of. You might not know it yet, But I know it, Marlena knows it. And soon the whole world will know it. Until then, I'll be watching you. Every move you make, Every step you take, Every time you go somewhere, Goldust will be there. And on February 16th, You will never forget the name of Goldust.

Marlena- The day is nearing, In Your House is coming closer and closer, And Goldust will get you......

COMMERCIAL BREAK

The Quebecers and Billy Gunn with Sunny Vs. Mr. Perfect, Rick Martel and "The Wildman" Marc Mero with Sable

McMahon and Ross says that the tag team match between The Quebecers and Model Of Perfection have changed to this Friday night. Mero was the face in peril and took a hell of a beating. Billy Gunn showed some impressive power by gorilla slamming Mero three times! McMahon and Ross really hyped up Billy Gunn. The Quebecers used their double team moves on Mero and kept taunting the WWF Tag Team Champions, Telling them that the titles would go around their waists on Friday night. Mero was able to make the hot tag to Perfect who came into the ring and started cleaning house. All six men got into it and Perfect somehow seemed to have injured himself, When he went for a clothesline to Jacques, But Jacques ducked and Perfect hit the steel ring post arm first, But Perfect seemed to have hit the steel post really hard, As he stayed on the floor holding his arm for the rest of the match. The match ended with Sunny tripping Mero which allowed Billy Gunn to roll him up from behind with a hand full of tights for the win. Billy and The Quebecers headed to the back with Sunny while Martel and Mero checked on Perfect.

81, 83, 79 **3/4

What Did Austin Mean?

We go to the locker room area where we get a shot of Steve Austin in his locker room, Austin is lifting some weights as Al Snow enters the locker room.

Steve Austin- Hey Al, I tried calling you all weekend man. Where have you been? I didn't even know if you were going to be here tonight! Is that how you treat your best friend?

Al Snow- Yeah, Well with me being a ungrateful piece of trash and all, I thought I'd leave you hanging Steve.

Steve Austin- What the hell are you talking about man?

Al Snow- I saw the tape from Friday night, Right after I left the locker room you called me a ungrateful piece of trash! What was that all about Austin? Huh? I've always had your back man! And when The Corporation ended, I was the one who had your back! What's up with that man?

Steve Austin- Calm down Al, I wasn't calling you an ungrateful piece of trash. It wasn't you who I was calling that.......

Al Snow- Really? Who was it then? I didn't see anyone but us in that locker room Steve! Unless there was a midget hiding behind the couch or something, I'm pretty sure you called me a ungrateful piece of trash!

Steve Austin- See, Before you came into the locker room, I called up a friend who I loaned some money to, And the ungrateful piece of trash didn't even pay me back. It's been five years man! I was hot at the moment, It just came out Al! I wasn't talking about you, You're very grateful for everything I've done for you, For the team. You're very grateful for everything I done to help you.

Al Snow- All right, I guess it just slipped out. Sorry about that Steve, With all the problems we've been having as of late, Things keep getting weirder and weirder doesn't it?

Steve Austin- We can't let it get to us, We're former tag team champions! The greatest of all time! All these fans would love to see the team break up, But we're not gonna let that happen. We're the greatest wrestlers in the history of the WWF, We've beaten all the teams that's ever been put in our way! These fans know we'll beat everyone of their favorite tag teams, That's why they're trying to get us to snap at one another. But that ain't gonna happen, Is it?

Al Snow- Of course not Steve. Like you said, We're the greatest tag team in the history of the WWF.

Steve Austin- That's right damn it, We're going to get back on winning trail, We're gonna get our titles back. Stone Cold is gonna lead us to the top Al, Mr. Perfect and Rick Martel are two pieces of trash who will go down, I know we had trouble beating them last time, But don't worry about it, I got a plan!

The cameras leave the dressing room as Al Snow and Steve Austin begin to talk. Monday Night Raw goes to a commercial break with the announcers wondering what's going to happen between Austin and Snow now that they are on the same page.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Interview with The Undertaker

We go to the backstage interview area where Kevin Kelly is standing by with The Undertaker.

Kevin Kelly- I am standing by with the winner of the 1997 Royal Rumble, The Undertaker. Undertaker ever since you won the Royal Rumble, We haven't seen much of you interacting with the WWF Champion, Scott Hall. We know that Hall's involved with Bret Hart right now, But you've barely even spoken about Hall, Why is that?

The Undertaker- Kevin Kelly, I'm letting whoever the World Wrestling Federation Champion is after tonight think about what he's going to have to deal with come Wrestlemania 13. Because whoever does walk away with the WWF Championship tonight will have to step into the ring with me at Wrestlemania 13, And that person's bones will be broken, Their mind, Body and soul will be taken by The Undertaker and his creatures of the night. It doesn't matter whether it's Scott Hall or Bret "The Hitman" Hart who faces me at Wrestlemania 13, It's about so much more than the WWF Championship. It's about who is the man in the WWF, And I'm going to prove to everyone that I am the top guy in the WWF. That the creatures of the night are a energy much more powerful than the whole World Wrestling Federation. Having the WWF Championship will prove to everyone how powerful The Undertaker and his creatures of the night are.

Kevin Kelly- Tonight you'll step into the ring with Duke "The Money Maker" Droese of The Money Mine, Droese is certainly one of the top superstars in the WWF and this should be a tough challenge for you. Your comments on this match?

The Undertaker- Duke Droese hides his fears behind money, He hides his fears behind that cockiness of his. But tonight he won't have anything to hide when he steps into the ring with me. Duke Droese comes out here and talks about how he and his Money Mine are going to be the top force in the World Wrestling Federation, But do that he'll need to take me and my creatures of the night out. And no one can do that. Duke Droese, Tonight when you step into that ring with me, You will rest in peace.

Kevin Kelly- Good luck Undertaker, Lets take you to the ring for this big match up! The Undertaker takes on Duke Droese!

The Undertaker Vs. Duke "The Money Maker" Droese with Dawn Marie

Droese looked very unhappy here, As he's probably found out he's never going to get a shot at his Million Dollar Championship here. McMahon and Ross kept joking about how The Money Mine would have to locate the teenagers that Marty sold the title to in order for Droese to gain it back. This one turned out to be a terrific match with alot of crowd energy. Droese jumped The Undertaker from behind but nothing he did could put down the phenom. Dawn Marie tried to get involved, But The Undertaker gave her a mean look, Which caused her to stay away for most of the match. Droese and The Undertaker got into it outside the ring where Droese send Undertaker to the steel ring post face first! Droese choked Undertaker down with camera cables and rammed Undertaker's head into the steel steps several times. Droese took off his belt inside the ring and whipped The Undertaker with it, And also choked down The Undertaker with it. Dawn Marie then got the courage to choke Undertaker over the ropes while Droese had the referee distracted. Droese ended up connecting with a powerful Money Compactor to The Undertaker, But didn't cover Undertaker. Droese lifted Undertaker up and went for a DDT, But Undertaker countered into a back drop and booted Droese in the face to signal his comeback. Undertaker connected with a Choke Slam in the closing moments of the match, But Dawn Marie got up on the apron. The Undertaker scared her off, But the distraction allowed Droese to low blow Undertaker from behind without the referee seeing! Droese then went for a Tombstone to The Undertaker, But Undertaker countered and delivered a Tombstone to Droese for the three count. Dawn Marie helped Droese to the back while The Undertaker posed with his purple lights coming on. McMahon and Ross questioned whether The Undertaker would stand as the new WWF Champion after Wrestlemania 13.

88, 85, 92 ****

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Interview with Cactus Jack

The crowd boos as the music of Cactus Jack begins to play. Cactus Jack makes his way down to the ring with the announcers hyping the fact that Shawn Michaels will be out for the rest of the month due to a attack from Cactus Jack last week. Jack comes into the ring with a sick smile on his face and grabs a microphone.

Cactus Jack- I guess you people all heard the news by now? Your beloved Shawn Michaels has been put on the shelf with a back injury. He won't be able to return to action until Februrary 1st. I heard everyone talking about how Shawn Michaels would suffer such an injury, But everyone knows how it happened. I'm the man responsible for injuring Shawn Michaels. It's funny that everyone forgets when someone is injured, But when it's Shawn Michaels, Everyone falls at his feet. I arrived in the building and Vince McMahon and Jim Ross were mobbed with fans giving get will wish cards. When was the last time Cactus Jack ever got a card? When I got powerbombed onto a concrete floor, No one sent me anything. When half my ear got taken off, They just threw it in the trash can! When The Undertaker tombstoned me off the apron onto the casket, I walked out of the building with fans spitting and throwing garbage at me. But when Shawn Michaels gets hurt for a few days, Everyone falls at his feet. He's out for a few days and everyone's worried. What about me? Am I not a damn human being? Shawn Michaels injures his back, Big deal! I been burned, I been thrown onto tacks and I didn't take any time off. That's the difference between Shawn Michaels and myself. Do you really think that when the time does come for a fight, That Shawn Michaels will be able to survive? If he can't even wrestle over a small back injury, What will happen when he has to get in the ring with a man who will do alot more than injure his back? See, The difference between a Cactus Jack and Shawn Michaels is while Shawn Michaels gets treated like royalty, I get treated like trash. Fans boo me, Throw things at me, I work hurt, But he gets time off. If you WWF fans thought what I did to The Undertaker last year was something, Then you haven't seen nothing yet. Because as much as I hate The Undertaker, All the horrible things that I did to him won't compare to what I'll do to Shawn Michaels. By my calculation, Shawn Michaels will be back next week on Monday Night Raw. That's when he's cleared to return. And Shawn, I'll be waiting my friend. And I won't go easy on you. I hope that next week you'll be able to enjoy a fight, Because I'm gonna give you a damn fight. And when our match does take place you can expect two things, No mercy from Cactus Jack, And that after it's over with, You'll be back in the hospital, Except that this time you'll be in the hospital for the rest of your life.

Cactus Jack drops his microphone down. His music begins to play as he exits the ring. McMahon and Ross claim that Shawn Michaels will be back next week on Monday Night Raw, And that we could see things explode between Michaels and Jack.

Brian Adams and Brian Lee Vs. Harris Brothers with Paul Ellering

Another match that shocked people as a result of overall quality, But then again, Lee is working with family members, And Adams is friends with all three men. These four men along with Bradshaw were in The Brotherhood, But that ended without some explanation except that their goal was to end The Corporation or something. This one started off with a big brawl, With Lee and Adams clearing the ring. Ellering gave the Harris Brothers some advice on the outside to make sure they knew what to do. The Harris Brothers finally took control after catching Adams with their H-Bomb. Ellering took some shots on Adams while the referee was distracted. Lee got the crowd behind Adams while The Harris' dominated Adams. McMahon talked about how the winner could get a shot at the titles later on sometime. Adams caught both Harris' with a pair of big boots and made the hot tag to Lee. Lee came into the ring and started cleaning house. The referee lost control of this one and called for a double disqualification. That didn't stop those four men from brawling all over the ringside area. They eventually battled into the crowd as we went to a commercial break.

82, 79, 86 ***1\2

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Shamrock Wants Taylor!

The music of Ken Shamrock begins to play to a great ovation from the fans. "The World's Most Dangerous Man" walks down to the ring in street clothing looking ready for a fight. McMahon and Ross show us clips from last week's confrontation between Shamrock and Scott Taylor. Shamrock comes into the ring and grabs a microphone.

Ken Shamrock- Last week I made my official debut in the World Wrestling Federation. I was getting interviewed when that jerk Scott Taylor came down to the ring and started making fun of me. And it's true, I never got to know my real father. I ran away from home at the age of ten and I lived in the streets. All I know how to do is a fight, That's why I came here. For the best competition in the world. I didn't come here for some primma donna to make fun of my past and to make fun of what my life has been. He says that this is the World Wrestling Federation, Well, I'm a damn wrestler and Scott Taylor, I want your ass at In Your House! You and I one on one on February 16th from Chattanooga, Tennessee! You and I one on one in my first ever WWF match. How about it? Are you man enough to face "The World's Most Dangerous Man"? Or are you just a jackass who's all talk? I..........

Scott Taylor's music begins to play to boos from the crowd. Scott Taylor stands on top of the ramp way holding a microphone. There's a loud "you suck" chant directed at Taylor.

Scott Taylor- The only thing that sucks is this city! Now then, We got the world's most dangerous orphan challenging me for a match? Yeah, Like that's ever gonna happen! See Shamrock, Last week I came down to the ring to try to set things straight, No one wants you here. You're not a wrestler, You're some bum from the street who got kicked out of the house by your parents. And you come out here and talk about how you never knew your daddy, Hell he probably walked out on your mom when you were still in her gut! He probably didn't even want you! The fact is, You're a mistake Ken Shamrock! You're a piece of trash, You're nobody! And you don't belong in the WWF, So no, I don't accept your challenge. I don't accept your little match. If you think I'll risk getting injured against the bastard orphan, Then you fans are bigger retards than this idiot! But I'll tell you what Kenny, If you want a match with someone, Go out in the street. You've lived in the streets since you were ten or whatever, Go there and stay the hell away from the WWF ring!

Ken Shamrock- This ain't over Scott Taylor, If you think I'm letting you get away with these comments, Then you're dead wrong!

Scott Taylor heads to the back as Shamrock's music plays. Shamrock stays in the ring with a intense look on his face as the announcers talk about how much Taylor's comments must have gotten to Shamrock.

The New World Wrestling Federation Champion?

We go to the backstage interview area where Marissa Mazzola is standing by with the challenger for the WWF Championship, Bret "The Hitman" Hart.

Marissa Mazzola- I am standing by with the man who will challenge for the World Wrestling Federation Championship tonight, The excellence of execution, Bret "The Hitman" Hart. Bret Hart, You won the triple threat match last week on Monday Night Raw against your brother Owen and the man who'll face tonight, Scott Hall. Tonight it's you and Scott Hall in a steel cage match for the WWF Championship. Many people thought you had the title won at the Royal Rumble if Hall hadn't cheated, But tonight the only way to win is to escape the cage. The time is drawing near, You and Hall in just a few minutes. What do you have to say about this match?

Bret Hart- Last week we all saw me beat Scott Hall and make him tap out. As far as Scott Hall and I are concerned, We're dead even. He beat me at the Rumble due to his usual cheating ways, But tonight there's no way to cheat. There's no way out for Scott Hall. Because he's got to get in the cage with a man who is undefeated in cage matches, Me. I've beaten them all in cage matches, And tonight Scott Hall will be another man who will go down to "The Hitman". And I'm glad that Commissioner Ric Flair will be at ringside to make sure nothing funny happens. Tonight will be my night. I'm leaving with the WWF Championship for a fourth time tonight. All these fans are sick and tired of seeing Scott Hall walking around with the title, Scott Hall represents everything that's bad about the WWF. He's got a bad attitude, He lies, He cheats, He'll do anything to win a match, Even injure someone. That's not the type of person who should be World Wrestling Federation Champion, The WWF needs a true hero, And that man is me. I've represented these fans before, And I'm doing it again tonight. Wrestlemania 13 needs someone of my integrity to headline it, It needs a true champion, Not some coward. Tonight Scott Hall will find out why I am the best there is, The best there was, And the best that there ever will be.

Marissa Mazzola- Bret, Your brother Owen Hart seems to be real upset that you're getting this match instead of him, He's not in the building tonight, But what's going on between the two of you?

Bret Hart- I have no idea what's going on with Owen, It's obvious that my brother and I do not get along, It's pretty obvious that Owen and I haven't had a conversation in years, But I'm glad he won't be here tonight. If Owen thinks he deserves a title shot, I'll give him one after I beat Scott Hall tonight. I won the triple threat match last week, Not Owen. I'll be more than glad to give him his shot, But he'll have to wait until this night is over, He'll have to wait until I finish off Scott Hall.

Marissa Mazzola- If you do become the WWF Champion tonight and defeat your brother Owen whenever that match happens, That means that come Wrestlemania 13 you'll have to face the man who won the 1997 Royal Rumble, The Undertaker. What do you think about that?

Bret Hart- Marissa, There's no one I respect more than The Undertaker. I respect the fact that he won the Royal Rumble and that he's been screwed out of the title picture more than anyone, Last year we fought at the Royal Rumble for the title and we all know what happened on that night. If it's him and I at Wrestlemania 13, I'll beat him just like I did on January 21st, 1996 at the Royal Rumble.

Marissa Mazzola- Vince, JR, "The Hitman" is ready for tonight's match. And fans, Do not go away. Up next will be the steel cage match! Bret Hart versus Scott Hall! The WWF Championship will be on the line! Who will walk into Wrestlemania 13 as the WWF Champion? Find out when Monday Night Raw returns!

COMMERCIAL BREAK

WWF Slam Of The Week- The Patriot defeats Tiger Ali Singh with the Uncle Slam! (RAW Saturday Night 1/25/97)

World Wrestling Federation Championship

Cage Match

Bret Hart Vs. Scott Hall©

This one was a awesome Monday Night Raw main event, It wasn't as good as their match at the Royal Rumble, But it had a better crowd here. Commissioner Ric Flair came down to the ringside area and sat down to watch this one. If you remember correctly, Flair was at ringside when Scott Hall beat Shawn Michaels for the WWF Championship back at the Survivor Series in November when Flair accidentally nailed Michaels over the head with a steel chair. There was a shark cage set up at ringside incase Owen Hart tried something here. Hall and Hart started off slugging away each other, With Hart surprisingly getting the better of the brawler, Scott Hall. Both men got thrown into the cage, Which now isn't the blue bars version, But the mesh kind like WCW uses. Except this one doesn't have a top like WCW's. Hall had the advantage after he caught Hart coming off the ropes and hit the fallaway slam, Sending Hart back first into the steel cage! Hall tried to escape several times, But "The Hitman" kept coming after Hall. And Hart even superplexed Scott Hall down to the canvas! Bret Hart got thrown into the cage at one point and started bleeding. Hall sensed the end was near and delivered the Outsider's Edge to "The Hitman", But when Hall went to climb out, He slipped and feel groin first into the ropes. This is when Hart started making his comeback. Hart took Hall down with the usual and ended up locking Scott Hall into the Sharpshooter, Hall was tapping out, But there's no submission in a cage match. After keeping Hall in the hold for what seemed like minutes and minutes, Hart let go and began going for the win. Hart almost climbed out, But Hall grabbed Hart by the hair and tossed Hart back into the ring. Both men began to slug it out, With Hall going for the Outsider's Edge again, But Hart countered and catapulted Hall into the cage, Making Hall bleed! The ending came when both men were climbing the same side of the steel cage, Hart went for what looked like a back suplex, To try to put Hall away, But Hall countered and rammed Hart's head several times into the cage! Hall then hit a back suplex of his own to Hart sending both men down! Both men then began going for the cage door, Scott Hall was almost out, But Hart dragged him to the center of the ring! Hart was almost out the door, But Hall somehow stopped Hart by dropping a elbow to the back of Hart's head. Hall was almost out the door, When Hart grabbed him by the legs and went for the Sharpshooter, Hall somehow squirmed away and crawled to the outside to retain the title with Bret Hart almost stopping him! After the match ended, A bloodied Scott Hall took the WWF Championship and headed to the back with it while the crowd applauded Hart's efforts. Suddenly, A fan wearing all black, With a black hood over his head came running out of the crowd. The fan attacked Flair behind and send Flair to the steel cage! The fan locked Flair in the shark cage, Bret Hart went to leave the ring to try to stop this crazy fan, But the fan slammed the cage door right on his head! Bret Hart went down as this fan came into the ring. The fan took off the hood and it was Owen Hart! The crowd booed as Owen locked the steel cage, Leaving him and his bloodied brother in the ring! Owen Hart started yelling at Bret about it being his fault, And lifted Bret up and send Bret into the steel cage multiple times while Flair tried to escape the shark cage. Referees and Road Agents ran down from the back to try to get into the steel cage, But the door was locked! They were able to get Flair out of the shark cage while Owen Hart kicked and punched Bret! Owen Hart lifted his bloodied brother up and again rammed Bret into the cage while Flair, The Referees and the Road Agents pleaded for Owen to stop. Owen Hart pulled Bret up and delivered a big piledriver to Bret. Monday Night Raw went off the air with Owen Hart posing while the Referees, Road Agents and Commissioner Ric Flair tried to open the cage door, McMahon says that Owen Hart was ready to go off on anyone, And sadly, His brother Bret has been the victim tonight in the city of brotherly love. A shot of the bloodied Hitman took us off the air.

95, 100, 86 ***3/4

Overall Rating- 85

TV Rating- 8.00

Competition

Monday Nitro

TV Rating- 6.41

Attendance- 7,008

Ticket Sales- $280,320

Notes

"The Patriot and Scott Steiner work pretty well together due to their similar styles." -The Patriot

News

- Mr. Perfect has sustained a ripped bicep and will be out for seven months. The WWF Tag Team Championships were declared vacant on 1/30/97.

Unfortunate news about Mr. Perfect. As I see it, there are 3 teams that I would like to see win the belts. Those being either, the No.1 contenders - Quebecers. No. 2, giving it back to Austin/Snow. If you are going for the break up of them, I'd prefer to see it a bit later on in the year. And No. 3 would be, Pillman and Benoit. Obviously they'd need to be built up, but they'd make good champs.

All upto you, obviously. :P

Keep up the good work

user posted image

Date: January 31, 1997

Tonight Friday Night Mayhem comes to you from Pittsburgh. And tonight we're going to see what should be the biggest main event ever in Friday Night Mayhem history. We're going to see the man who won the 1997 Royal Rumble, The Undertaker take on one of the best athletes ever in the WWF, Billy Gunn in tonight's main event. The Undertaker was somehow able to put away Duke Droese on Monday night, But tonight he'll take on Billy Gunn, Who's one of the most gifted athletes in the history of the World Wrestling Federation. Billy Gunn also has Sunny by his side which could cause him to beat the phenom tonight. And the big question is, Who will walk out tonight as the winner? Can The Undertaker defeat Billy Gunn? Or will Billy Gunn continue his dominance?

On Monday Night Raw we saw Owen Hart destroy his brother Bret after Bret's cage match ended. The vile attack continued after the cameras went off the air, And "The Hitman" will not be in Pittsburgh tonight. But Owen Hart will. What will Owen Hart have to say after his hideous attack on his own brother? Why did Owen Hart snap? What caused this brutal attack? We'll find out tonight on Friday Night Mayhem.

Matches for Friday Night Mayhem

The Quebecers Vs. Doug Furnas and Phillip LaFon

Vader and British Bulldog Vs. Hardy Boyz

Rick Martel Vs. Cactus Jack

Ahmed Johnson, Brian Adams, Brian Lee, John Bradshaw and Jesse James Vs. Ron Simmons, Nelson Knight, Harris Brothers and Jacobs

Fatal Four Way Elimination Match

Sho Funaki Vs. Billy Kidman Vs. Mike Lockwood Vs. Scott Putski

The Undertaker Vs. Billy Gunn

We'll also hear from Owen Hart. Scott Taylor will be in Pittsburgh as well, And The Patriot will be interviewed. All this and much more on Friday Night Mayhem!

I think about the Tag situation, tkae the three teams of Austin/Snow, Quebecers, and Pillmand and Benoit, and stick them in a Triple Threat match for the vacant titles.

Id rather see Austin and Snow's souring relationship being built up and ending around September. Personally, you did this last year with Helmsley and Mero about the same time, even though they werent much of an experienced team.

Id just prefer if you build it up with confrontations and stuff.

I think about the Tag situation, tkae the three teams of Austin/Snow, Quebecers, and Pillmand and Benoit, and stick them in a Triple Threat match for the vacant titles.

Id rather see Austin and Snow's souring relationship being built up and ending around September. Personally, you did this last year with Helmsley and Mero about the same time, even though they werent much of an experienced team.

Id just prefer if you build it up with confrontations and stuff.

user posted image

Channel: UPN

Date: January 31, 1997

Attendance: 10,047

Ticket Sales: $401,880

Announcers: Jonathan Coachman and Dok Hendrix

Friday Night Mayhem comes on the air with a video package showing great World Wrestling Federation action. When the video ends, We're taken inside the arena where pyro goes off from the rafters and from the entrance way. We then head over to our announce position where Jonathan Coachman and Dok Hendrix are standing by. They are very excited and hype up tonight's big show.

Doug Furnas and Phillip LaFon Vs. The Quebecers

With the tag team titles being vacant, You got to wonder if The Quebecers will get a shot at them since they are the number one contenders. This one was quite the match up, With all four men working their butts off to produce something good. Coachman kept hyping Furnas and LaFon as the most exciting team in the WWF, While Hendrix kept backing The Quebecers. The early parts of the match saw Furnas super kick Jacques to the outside with LaFon following up by tossing Pierre onto Jacques out on the floor! Both teams got into it on the outside with Furnas and LaFon dominating The Quebecers. They came back into the ring where Jacques caught Furnas with a powerslam, Allowing The Quebecers to slow down this match. The Quebecers double teamed Furnas for quite sometime, Using illegal tactics behind the referee's back. The crowd were all over The Quebecers, Chanting "faggot" at Jacques and Pierre when they hugged during the match. Furnas was able to make the hot tag to LaFon after ducking a clothesline from Pierre and hitting him with a devastating enziguri kick. LaFon came into the ring all riled up and took down The Quebecers with a pair of clotheslines. All four men got into it to again, With Furnas and LaFon still getting the best of The Quebecers. Pierre and Furnas ended up on the outside while LaFon and Jacques fought in the ring. Jacques went for a clothesline, But LaFon ducked and locked Jacques into a Dragon Sleeper, Jacques tried to fight out, But he couldn't and tapped out! LaFon and Furnas celebrated their win with Coachman wondering if they were the number one contenders after this win tonight.

84, 77, 91 ***3/4

The Patriot And Hunter Hearst Helmsley, Face To Face

We go to the backstage interview area where we see Michael Cole standing by with the number one contender for the World Wrestling Federation Intercontinental Championship, The Patriot.

Michael Cole- I am standing by with the man who will meet Hunter Hearst Helmsley on February 16th, At In Your House "The Final Journey" for the WWF Intercontinental Championship, The Patriot. And Patriot, You made your return to the WWF a few weeks ago at the Royal Rumble and made an impact, On Monday Night Raw you defeated Scott Steiner and because of that, You're heading into Chattanooga, Tennessee to face one of the best wrestlers in all of the World Wrestling Federation, Hunter Hearst Helmsley. How do you feel about getting a shot at the Intercontinental Championship after this big comeback to the ring?

The Patriot- It's a dream come true Michael, I came to the World Wrestling Federation to show all the fans what America and Americans are capable of, I didn't even imagine myself becoming number one contender for a title like the Intercontinental Championship. It's truly amazing, I never pictured myself rising in the ranks of the WWF so quickly. But I promise all my fans, All the fans of the WWF, That on February 16th, Live from Chattanooga, Tennessee, We'll see The Patriot walk out with the WWF Intercontinental Championship. That's a promise. These fans are in need of a true American hero, And The Patriot is that man. No one carries the flag like I do. Nobody is as proud as I am to be an American. And you can bet that all the fans would love to see me defeat Hunter Hearst Helmsley on February 16th.

Michael Cole- Speaking of Hunter Hearst Helmsley, He is the man who you'll be facing at In Your House. And lets talk about Helmsley, Not only is he the current Intercontinental Champion, But he's beaten Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels and The Undertaker! He also won the 1996 King Of The Ring last year, Do you think you'll be able to defeat Hunter Hearst Helmsley at In Your House?

The Patriot- I know all about Hunter Hearst Helmsley, I've been watching tapes of his matches. I been studying him, And let me tell you Michael, He is a amazing athlete. You can't be the Intercontinental Champion without having talent, But I got something he doesn't got, And that's the support of all the fans. And I know that in Chattanooga, Tennessee all the fans will be chanting "USA" when I take on Helmsley, And............

The cameras shows Hunter Hearst Helmsley in the interview area, With the Intercontinental Championship over his shoulder.

The Patriot- May I help you?

Hunter Hearst Helmsley- I thought I'd get a closer look at my so called competition, And all I see is some freak in a mask with the flag of the United States. Is this the best that the WWF has for me? The Patriot? What in the hell are you suppose to be? And you actually think you stand a chance of taking this from me? You think you'll be able to become the WWF Intercontinental Champion?

The Patriot- I don't think, I know! I know that I will defeat you on February 16th, I know that all the fans will be by my side when I deliver the Uncle Slam to you and the referee counts you down, One, Two, Three. I will be the next WWF Intercontinental Champion at In Your House and I will defeat you Hunter.

Hunter Hearst Helmsley- I know you might think you're on top of the world, You got a win on Monday night, And you're standing next to me right now, But let me tell you something, You have no chance in hell of beating me for the Intercontinental Championship. I am the man who won King Of The Ring, I am the man who's beaten Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels and The Undertaker. If you think you're gonna walk into the WWF and beat me for my Intercontinental Championship, Then you my friend are dead wrong. I've beaten everyone who's challenged me for this title. If you think I'm going to let some freak in a mask chanting "USA" beat me for this title, Then you better get ready for a big shock come In Your House. No one will beat me for this title. I call the shots around here Patriot. Hunter Hearst Helmsley had a amazing 1996, And if you think 1997 is going to be something bad for me, Then you are dead wrong. The Intercontinental Championship is staying around my waist.

The Patriot- We'll see about that on February 16th won't we? We'll see if you'll be able to put me away like you've done to countless other men, You better get ready to lose the title to me. I am going to make sure that title leaves with me at In Your House.

Hunter Hearst Helmsley- When you're looking up at the lights on February 16th, Don't take it personally, Because everyone loses to me. I am the Intercontinental Champion, And you will not be able to defeat me.

Hunter Hearst Helmsley get into a stare down as we go to a commercial break.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Why Owen, Why?

Friday Night Mayhem returns from the commercial break with Owen Hart making his way down to the ring. Owen Hart walks down to the ring to a huge chorus of boos from the crowd. Coachman and Hendrix show footage of Owen Hart's beat down of his brother Bret on Monday Night Raw, And announce that the main event for In Your House "The Final Journey" will be a six men tag team match up, Owen Hart will join forces with Scott Hall and Cactus Jack to face Shawn Michaels, Bret Hart and The Undertaker! The crowd boos and chants "Owen sucks" as Owen hart grabs a microphone.

Owen Hart- I arrived in this arena with people asking me why, Why would I attack my brother Bret after his grueling cage match on Monday Night Raw? Why? Why? Is that what you people want to know? I'm sure everyone knows that my brother Bret and I do not get along. It's pretty obvious. Who's fault is it that I didn't get a title shot on Monday night? It's Bret's fault! If he hadn't been so damn selfish, I could have been standing here as the WWF Champion. If Bret hadn't gotten in the spotlight once again I would have been the one who had faced Scott Hall for the title. But of course Bret has to be a selfish bastard. He doesn't want to see me on top. Everyone seems to forget that I defeated him at Wrestlemania X. I stepped out of his shadow! And yet, He's the one who gets title shots after title shots. Bret Hart is nothing but a arrogant jerk! Ever since we were kids he's been interfering with my life. Making sure he always got the best stuff. What about me? All I want is a little respect around here. Everyone still treats me like Bret's little brother. I attacked Bret for all my fans. For all my fans who were tired of seeing Bret being the only Hart in the spotlight. The Owen Hart fans of the world want to see me in the spotlight. But Bret couldn't deal with it, It's his fault we had our falling out to begin with. Bret never let me be in the spotlight. He took all the attention from me. Last year I was Intercontinental and Tag Team Champion, And who got the spotlight? Bret Hart did! It didn't matter who I beat. Men after men that went down to me, Everyone would look at Bret instead. So the way I look at it, There can only be one Hart in the World Wrestling Federation. And that Hart will be me. So Bret, After this six men tag team match at the Pay Per View is over with, I'm laying down the challenge. It doesn't matter when or where, You and I one on one. And after I'm done defeating you, You will never come back and steal my spotlight again. And as far as Shawn Michaels and The Undertaker are concerned with, You two get in my way at In Your House, And I'll make sure you suffer the same fate as my brother Bret. In Your House will be the night where Bret and I will be in the ring at the same time, And after I give him a small preview of what's to come, He'll have to go against me one on one. And my brother Bret will not survive.

Owen Hart drops his microphone down as his music begins to play. The fans boo as Owen Hart heads to the back. Coachman says that Owen Hart is obsessed with destroying his brother's career. Hendrix says that he shares Owen's feelings, And hopes Owen does get rid of "The Hitman".

Vader and British Bulldog Vs. Hardy Boyz

A great match up here, But the crowd wasn't into it much since the Hardy Boyz have been jobbed out for months now. With the tag team titles being vacant, You got to wonder if the WWF will give it to Bulldog and Vader, Since they were scheduled to feud with Martel and Perfect. This one was a extended squash, With the Hardy Boyz getting some offense early on, But after that they were destroyed. Bulldog and Vader showed off their incredible power by gorilla slamming the Hardy Boyz several times and easily slamming them down to the canvas. The Hardy Boyz took a beating here, Getting tossed around the ring by Bulldog and Vader. At one point of the match, Both Hardy Boyz tried to drop kick Vader at the same time, But he caught both in the air and drove them down to the canvas. Bulldog then came into the ring and ran over the Hardy Boyz with a double clothesline. Vader tossed Matt Hardy to the outside while Bulldog delivered the Running Powerslam to Jeff inside the ring. Bulldog dragged Jeff to the corner allowing Vader to deliver the Vader Bomb on Jeff for the win. British Bulldog and Vader then posed, And did the titles around the waist motion. Hendrix kept saying how these two men would be the next WWF Tag Team Champions.

83, 78, 89 ***3/4

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Ahmed Johnson, Brian Adams, Brian Lee, John Bradshaw and Jesse James Vs. Ron Simmons, Nelson Knight, Harris Brothers with Paul Ellering and Jacobs with Bob Backlund

Nothing bad here, With a good crowd behind it. The match started off with all ten brawling, With the face team clearing the ring. The match then went to the outside where a huge brawl took place, Seeing Ellering and Backlund both get beat up by Lee and Adams when they tried to interfere. The match kept going with everyone brawling on the outside, Knight and Bradshaw came into the ring with both pounding away on the other. Bradshaw seemed to be getting the best of the big man until Jacobs came into the ring and gave Bradshaw a Choke Slam for his trouble. Then Ahmed Johnson came into the ring and brawled with both Jacobs and Knight. This one came to an end with all of the men getting into a brawl once again, Jesse James and Nelson Knight were left in the ring. Knight slammed James down and went for a Big Splash, But James moved out of the way and Knight hit the canvas. John Bradshaw then came into the ring and hit the lariat to Knight to score the win. After the match ended, All ten men got into it once again and brawled all the way to the back.

77, 78, 75 **1/4

COMMERCIAL BREAK

There Will Be No Match!

Friday Night Mayhem returns from the commercial break with Scott Taylor coming down to the ring to boos from the fans. Taylor grabs a microphone as this huge crowd begins a "Shamrock" chant.

Scott Taylor- All you people need to shut the hell up right now! Don't boo me because I got a brain that actually works. Now then, I'm sure you fans must be wondering why I didn't accept the challenge of Ken Shamrock, But why should I? What's that orphan done to get a match with me? You're not a wrestler Shamrock. Sure you did that UFC crap, But everyone knows the UFC is for men who couldn't make it to the big show, To the WWF! And you are the most dangerous animal of them all. Not because you can fight, But because you never had a home. Or a family. Unlike you, My parents loved me. They didn't toss me into the streets like a piece of crap! You got stabbed, Probably got shot at, And I'm sure that fat head of your's got kicked in everyday. You will not meet me at In Your House. I am a WWF Superstar. While you're just some guy who came out of the streets. And Scott Taylor is not afraid of Ken Shamrock despite what you morons think. If Shamrock was to get inside the ring with me I'd make a fool out of him. The fact is, I don't have to wrestle Ken Shamrock. I don't have to fight him. I got nothing to prove to Ken Shamrock. So all you fans who want to see Shamrock face me at In Your House, It ain't gonna happen so I suggest you get over it!

The crowd cheers as Ken Shamrock is shown on the big screen.

Ken Shamrock- You think you're going to get away with all of the trash talking that easily? You think you're just gonna sit there and insult me? Scott Taylor, You're lucky I don't come down to that ring and beat the living hell out of you. You and I will get it on at In Your House. And I will snap my Ankle Lock on you. You might think you're untouchable, But I'm gonna have a little chat with the Commissioner over the weekend and lets see if he won't make you fight me. I'm sure all of the fans of the WWF would love to see you get what you got coming, And I'm going to be the man who shuts your big mouth up for good!

The image of Shamrock goes away from the screen as we cut back to Taylor in the ring, Who looks scared for his life. We go to a commercial break with Coachman saying that Taylor is going to get what he's got coming after all the comments he's made.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Rick Martel Vs. Cactus Jack

The crowd got quite hot this big match up, The announcers explained that Martel offered to forfit the titles instead of finding himself another partner, Which means Martel could be in line for a big main event push. This one also started off with a big brawl, Both men fought around the announce position and even into the crowd. They ended up on the Friday Night Mayhem stage where Martel suplexed Jack on top of the steel ramp way. They came back into the ringside area with Martel sending Jack into the steel steps and taking a steel chair. The referee took the chair away from Martel which allowed Jack an opening to score with a low blow. Jack then slammed Martel on the floor and hit his elbow drop from the apron. The match finally went into the ring where Jack used chokes to Martel in the corner and worked over Martel's back. Hendrix and Coachman kept talking about the huge six men tag team match at In Your House, And how it's rumored that Shawn Michaels will be at Monday Night Raw this Monday night. Jack ended up going for the Mandible Claw, But Martel countered and tossed Jack out to the floor. Martel then took a steel chair and nailed Jack over the back with it! The referee was going to call for the bell, But Jack hit Martel with a low blow and hit Martel over the back with the chair as well! The referee then disqualified both men! But that didn't stop Jack and Martel from brawling all over the ringside area, Martel ended up taking Jack and ramming Jack's head into the announce table. Martel then grabbed a monitor and hit Jack over the head with it three times! Referees and Road Agents came down from the back and pulled Jack and Martel apart, But both men kept going after each other! We went to a commercial break with Martel and Jack brawling all the way to the back.

91, 94, 86 ***3/4

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Fatal Four Way Elimination Match

Sho Funaki Vs. Billy Kidman Vs. Mike Lockwood Vs. Scott Putski

After the Martel/Jack match, The crowd got quiet for this one. Kidman is a ECW worker, So a couple "ECW" chants were heard. But the crowd wasn't interested in this one. This one was a good match but it wasn't too long. Lockwood was the first one to go after Kidman delivered the Shooting Star Press for the win. Then it was down to three men. With Kidman and Putski taking it to each other. At one point of the match, Funaki tossed Putski out to the floor and turned around, Kidman came charging at Funaki, But Funaki back dropped Kidman out onto Putski on the outside! Sho Funaki and Kidman went back into the ring and showed off their amazing talent, Exchanging quick near falls. Putski came into the ring and took out both men with a pair of clotheslines. Putski then went for his high cross body, But Funaki rolled through on top of him to eliminate him. Funaki and Kidman were left alone to battle. Funaki had the advantage after using a few cheap tactics on Kidman. Kidman tossed Funaki out to the floor and then hit a moonsault from the top rope to Funaki out on the floor! They came back into the ring with Kidman slamming down Funaki. Kidman went up top for the Shooting Star Press, But Funaki moved away at the last possible second and Kidman hit the canvas! Funaki then came off the top with a missile drop kick to Kidman to pick up the win. Sho Funaki then posed on the ropes with the announcers calling him one of the best Light Heavyweight wrestlers in the World Wrestling Federation.

64, 45, 84 **1/4

This match suffered because the crowd were still pumped up from the last one, and so this bout was seen as something of a let-down to them.

Tonight Is Billy Gunn's Night!

We're taken to the interview area where Michael Cole is standing by with Billy Gunn and his manager Sunny.

Michael Cole- Billy Gunn, Tonight you have a very big night as you take on The Undertaker in tonight's main event. This is no doubt the biggest match of your WWF career, You have never been in a main event match up before, And this should be the biggest challenge of your career. Your thoughts on tonight's match with The Undertaker?

Sunny- You're right Michael Cole, Tonight's the biggest match of this man's career. Billy Gunn takes on the phenom himself, The Undertaker tonight. Everyone has been looking past Billy Gunn. Nobody respects Billy Gunn. When the truth is, Billy Gunn is a better wrestler than the entire World Wrestling Federation. Billy Gunn is the superstar in the making. And yet he never gets the title shots he deserves. But that's okay, Because tonight he'll be stepping into the ring with death himself, The Undertaker. Tonight Billy Gunn will prove to the whole world that he is one step ahead of The Undertaker when he pins The Undertaker in the center of that ring. Everyone is talking about how The Undertaker is going to Wrestlemania 13 to battle for the WWF Championship, But when Billy Gunn defeats him tonight, He'll be the man who'll go to Wrestlemania. Billy Gunn is going to destroy the deadman, He's going to make The Undertaker wish he'd never accepted this match, Mark my words, Tonight Billy Gunn will pin The Undertaker's shoulder down to the canvas, One, Two, Three.

Billy Gunn- Undertaker, You think you're so special because you won the Royal Rumble? Tonight you're gonna be special after I kick your butt all over Pittsburgh. Tonight's gonna be my night deadman! Tonight everyone will see Billy Gunn stand over your body with his arms raised high in the air. Everyone has been looking past Billy Gunn, After I'm done kicking your butt tonight, Everyone will have no choice but to make me the number one contender.

Sunny- Undertaker, You better be ready. Because this is gonna be the toughest match of your career. There's no way you can beat Billy Gunn! No way!

Michael Cole- Fans, Lets take you to Kevin Kelly who's standing by with The Undertaker!

Interview with The Undertaker

We go to a different area backstage where we see Kevin Kelly standing by with The Undertaker.

Kevin Kelly- Thank you Michael, And Undertaker were just heard comments made by Billy Gunn. He's looking to defeat you tonight and if he does, He could very well be the number one contender for the WWF Championship after Wrestlemania 13 is over with. Undertaker, You've had some tough opponents in your career here in the World Wrestling Federation. Yet, You've beaten them all. Including Duke Droese on Monday Night Raw. Tonight how do you plan on taking on one of the greatest wrestlers in the history of the World Wrestling Federation, Billy Gunn?

The Undertaker- Billy Gunn, We just heard the comments made by you earlier tonight. My creatures of the night have been hearing you talk ever since you got into the building. You and your manager Sunny have promised a win over the greatest phenom to ever grace a World Wrestling Federation ring, But it isn't gonna be that easy Billy. Billy Gunn tonight you're going to have to look into the eyes of the toughest challenge of your career. When I'm fighting, My creatures of the night are all out there with me. Billy Gunn might think he's going to be able to defeat me, But I'm taking him to a trip to the dark side and there's no coming back. He's gonna go to hell and back tonight. And when it's over, He will rest in peace.

Kevin Kelly- We found out earlier that at In Your House "The Final Journey" on February 16th, We'll see you team up with the "Heart Break Kid" Shawn Michaels and Bret "The Hitman" Hart to face Cactus Jack, Owen Hart and Scott Hall. This is the first time you're going to be in the ring with Scott Hall since you won the Royal Rumble, You'll also be teaming up with two men who not only do not get along, But you haven't gotten along with them in the past. How do you feel about that?

The Undertaker- The match has been made, I team up with two men who I don't care about. I respect Shawn Michaels and Bret Hart, But if they get in my face and try to mess with me, I'll make sure they never come back. And my creatures of the night are looking forward to seeing me step into the ring with Scott Hall on February 16th, Because that's gonna be his Wrestlemania 13 preview right there. The title will be coming to the creatures of the night at Wrestlemania 13, But Scott Hall might not even make it to Wrestlemania 13. And as far as Cactus Jack and Owen Hart are concerned, I have no love loss for Owen Hart, And we've seen what Cactus Jack has done to me. If I get the chance to, I will make sure neither one of them ever bother me again.

Kevin Kelly- Fans, You heard it from The Undertaker. He's ready for the six men tag team war on February 16th, But tonight he'll face Billy Gunn in the main event! Do not go away!

COMMERCIAL BREAK

WWF Slam Of The Week- The Undertaker is able to deliver the Tombstone to Duke Droese to somehow pull off the win. (Monday Night Raw 1/27/97)

The Undertaker Vs. Billy Gunn with Sunny

A good main event match up here, Billy Gunn is rumored to be getting a push during the April/May period as that's when the WWF starts preparing to push new people to the top, Hopefully Billy won't flop like the Warrior did last year. Billy Gunn took it to The Undertaker here by jumping the phenom from behind to start this match off. Billy showed no mercy as he hammered The Undertaker with right hands and pummeled the deadman in the corner with Sunny showing her support for Billy. But like always, The Undertaker felt no affect and started nailing Billy with wild right hands and ran down Billy with a couple clotheslines. The match went to the outside when Undertaker clotheslined Billy over the top rope to the outside. Both men got into it on the outside, With Undertaker sending Billy to the steel steps and then to the steel ring post face first! Sunny tried to distract Undertaker, But he grabbed her by the throat! Luckily for Sunny, Billy Gunn jumped Undertaker from behind and send The Undertaker into the steel ring post face first! Billy Gunn dominated The Undertaker back in the ring and connected with clubbing forearms to the phenom in the corner. Billy Gunn kept coming closer and closer to winning this one after, He even took The Undertaker down with the Evolution Drop, But the deadman somehow kicked out. Sunny got involved several times behind the referee's back, But nothing she did was able to stop The Undertaker. The Undertaker finally made the comeback after catching Billy with a boot to the face. The Undertaker connected with his trademark moves to Billy and ended up nailing Billy with a flying clothesline. The Undertaker went for the Tombstone, But Billy countered out of it and took down The Undertaker with a DDT. Billy Gunn went up top and waited for The Undertaker to get up. When Undertaker got up, Billy went for a double ax handle, But The Undertaker grabbed Billy by the throat and Choke Slammed Billy! Undertaker covered to score the hard fought win. Friday Night Mayhem went off the air with The Undertaker posing under his lights while Billy Gunn was helped to the back by Sunny. Coachman and Hendrix hyped the huge six men tag team match next month at In Your House as the show went off the air.

88, 92, 80 ***

Overall Rating- 82

TV Rating- 7.44

Notes

"Doug Furnas and Phillip LaFon blend as a team really well, probably due to their similar styles." -Pat Patterson

"Jeff Hardy and Matt Hardy work well together as a team, it adds to their matches." -Pat Patterson

"I think i should be higher up the card." -Vader

"I think i should be higher up the card." -Matt Hardy

"I think i should be higher up the card." -Mike Lockwood

"I'd like to work with Rocky Maivia if possible." -Scott Steiner