Music People Wouldn't Expect You To Listen To

tristy

And you laughed at me for liking Puddle of Mudd...

I would rather listen to Ashlee Simpson than Puddle of Mudd. The Ashley hate is really getting so out of hand it's making me like her. At least she tries and while she may only be famous because of her sister, at least she's not famous because of Fred fuckin' Durst. PoM may very well be actually be the worst rock act in the last five years. Not shitting on ya or anything, just had to get that off my chest.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would rather listen to Ashlee Simpson than Puddle of Mudd. The Ashley hate is really getting so out of hand it's making me like her. At least she tries and while she may only be famous because of her sister, at least she's not famous because of Fred fuckin' Durst.

I would rather listen to Ashlee Simpson than Puddle of Mudd. The Ashley hate is really getting so out of hand it's making me like her. At least she tries and while she may only be famous because of her sister, at least she's not famous because of Fred fuckin' Durst.

No, she's famous because of Jessica fuckin' Simpson. At least LB had one good album.

Umm... I did say she's only famous because of her sister. Which is still better than being famous because Durst tossed you together. And LB had no good albums, 3 Dolla Bill was just as bad as all the other garbage they shitted out.

Guest Booker T & The MG's

Up until recently not many people knew I was into early electronic music and experimental electro like Kraftwerk, Tangerine Dream and Silver Apples. After liking them for ages, I've only started haarping on about Kraftwerk to my friends.

I really like Beth Orton as well, there's something compelling about her but I'm not really into many other female singer/songwriters. I'm into old school hip-hop too which surprises people.

John Mayer. I've only heard one song of his so far that I don't like.

I liked that one Vanessa Carlton song despite the stupid, stupid lyrics.

I'm a fan of N.W.A. and Ice Cube, too, which people don't tend to expect when they talk to me.

No, she's famous because of Jessica fuckin' Simpson. At least LB had one good album.

Seriously, Jessica Simpson has talent? Warbelling in an attempt to sound like a soul singer is talent?

At least limpbizkit have/had? Wes Boreland, Scott Rivers and John Otto who are all extremely technically sound musicians, and can certainly write some decent music (you can look past Durst) Simpson just covers, what were originally, piss poor pap pop. That sounded cool.

Guest Bluesman

Harder and Alternative Rock. I've moved away from it as my main music of choice, but I still enjoy it and always will. I suppose the most surprising group I listen to would be Sonic Youth.

Seriously, Jessica Simpson has talent? Warbelling in an attempt to sound like a soul singer is talent?

At least limpbizkit have/had? Wes Boreland, Scott Rivers and John Otto who are all extremely technically sound musicians, and can certainly write some decent music (you can look past Durst) Simpson just covers, what were originally, piss poor pap pop. That sounded cool.

I just hate both, not for their music - but because Jessica is thick as shit, and Ashlee because she thinks she's so wacky and off the wall. That whole show is like "So I had my girlfriends over, and we ate loads of pizza. How crazy." No, dancing naked in the streets for crack is crazy, you're just fucking boring.

As for LB, I guess I'm just biased on the first two albums as I was 12-13 when Nu Metal exploded and it captured my white boy angst...

:shifty:

I just hate both, not for their music - but because Jessica is thick as shit, and Ashlee because she thinks she's so wacky and off the wall. That whole show is like "So I had my girlfriends over, and we ate loads of pizza. How crazy." No, dancing naked in the streets for crack is crazy, you're just fucking boring.

As for LB, I guess I'm just biased on the first two albums as I was 12-13 when Nu Metal exploded and it captured my white boy angst...

:shifty:

Yeah, thick as shit means stupid. And, I'd agree, if she just puts that on, she's even worse. Both of them just get under my skin, not for any real specific reason, but mainly because they both seem like tools.

Add JC Chasez to my list, I've been listening to his album again and it is outstanding. And hilarious - an actual lyric is "When you don't call, I lie awake and masturbate"

:huh:

Also, I wasn't talking about Jessica's writing ability, but I was talking about her natural, live voice, which is better than Durst, but then again, that's like comparing apples to oranges. It just can't be done.

Has anyone ever had a music discussion without someone mentioning Nirvana?

Almost certainly. >_>

Somewhere approaching on topic, Limp Bizkit are only slightly less "mainstream" than Jessica and Ashlee Simpson, and haven't had an Adam Green song written about them and so aren't as cool.

Somewhere approaching on topic, Limp Bizkit are only slightly less "mainstream" than Jessica and Ashlee Simpson, and haven't had an Adam Green song written about them and so aren't as cool.