Blink 182 Goes on Indefinite Hiatus

Maxx

"For over a decade, Blink-182 has toured, recorded and done non-stop promotion all while trying to balance relationships with family and friends.

To that end, the band has decided to go on an indefinite hiatus to spend some time enjoying the fruits of their labors with their loved ones. While there is no set plan for the band to begin working together again, no one knows what tomorrow may bring."

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"For over a decade, Blink-182 has toured, recorded and done non-stop promotion all while trying to balance relationships with family and friends.

To that end, the band has decided to go on an indefinite hiatus to spend some time enjoying the fruits of their labors with their loved ones. While there is no set plan for the band to begin working together again, no one knows what tomorrow may bring."

From Blink182.com

What's disappointing is that Blink 182 was finally starting to show signs of improvement as a band.

And a big "Oh GOD." to the notion of another Boxcar Racer album. Tom DeLonge is a terrible, terrible vocalist.

Guest Faded Sanity

Perosnally this is a good thing....they suck....just like Linkin Park. They do all this stuff to their songs in the studio but they can't duplicate any of the sounds on stage. So they suck. I went to see them live and ended up leaving after the first two songs.

To be honest, I always thought the self titled album would be the last, but others thought I was reading too much into it. To me, it seemed a lot more serious to their previous albums, also to me the fact it was self titled made me think (Why after numerous released do they release a self titled album. Though The Deftones did the same, but whatever).

Whilst they are anything far from being technically good, they are good at what they do. They write catchy songs and to be honest I liked them. Though the past 2 albums I haven't really dug, though Violence is awesome (Best song live when I saw them too) and I love the chorus to Asthenia. But when you listen to Blink 182 (The album) personally I think the spark has gone. Many of the songs are poor musically, for example "I miss you" is like the same 8 bars repeated all the way through. I haven't heard all the album, but they did Stockholm Syndrome as an encore at Newcastle and to be honest, it was as if my ears were being raped. So I like Blink, though I wouldn't say I was really too bothered about them breaking up, i've got good songs from them already and IMO they've reached the top of the mountain. And Faded Sanity, Blink were great live. Though the only problem when I saw them was most people were tired after Sugarcult and couldn't get into it.

I actually didn't mind Box Car Racer. It's similar to Blink, they wrote nice songs. I went through a stage of a couple of weeks of being a die hard listener to the album, though it soon wore off. Though Elevator is still on my playlist.

The Transplants on the other hand were great, I can't wait to here new stuff.

Perosnally this is a good thing....they suck....just like Linkin Park. They do all this stuff to their songs in the studio but they can't duplicate any of the sounds on stage. So they suck. I went to see them live and ended up leaving after the first two songs.

I disagree completely. I saw them live, and thought they were amazing. And I'm not even a big Blink fan.