favorite short songs

Enter Blue Guy

Buckethead - Onions Unleashed

The Descendents - Cool To Be You

Casey Chaos - Depression

The Dead Kennedys - I Kill Children

The Dead Kennedys - Nazi Punks Fuck Off

Henry Rollins & Chuck D - Rise Above

I only have three actual songs (as opposed to intro's, guitar solo's and stuff) on my playlist that are under 2:30, so I guess they win by default :(

Rhapsody - Deadly Omen

Blind Guardian - The Minstrel

Sonata Arctica - Revolutionet

Edited by TheReilDeal

Update the second! The good short songs on the playlist on my Pentium II.

Fred Astaire - Puttin' on the Ritz (2:10)

Trigun - H.T. (1:32)

Trigun - Gunpowder Tea (2:07)

The White Stripes - We're Going to Be Friends (2:22)

The Ramones - Rock & Roll High School (2:22)

The Pillows - Waiting at the Busstop (2:11)

The Pillows - Sad Sad Kiddie (2:03)

The Pillows - Ride on Shooting Star (2:20)

The Pillows - Hello, Welcome to Bubbletown's Happy Zoo (2:20)

The Pillows - Advice (2:15)

The Beatles - Tell Me Why (2:10)

The Beatles - Drive My Car (2:27)

The 5.6.7.8's - I'm Blue (2:28)

Sailor Moon - Outer Senshi Violin Mix (1:35) (Shut up, it rules.)

Nirvana - Very Ape (1:55)

Nirvana - Sliver (2:16)

Joey Ramone - What a Wonderful World (2:23)

Joe Jones - Talk Too Much (2:22)

Gorillaz - Punk (1:36)

Cowboy Bebop - Memory (1:31)

Cowboy Bebop - Green Bird (1:54)

Beastie Boys - Super Disco Breakin' (2:07)

Bury Your Dead - Camo is my Favourite Colour

The ultimate pump-up song, with really positive lyrics. Not all growling has to be negative, assholes.

Most Precious Blood - The Great Red Shift, Collusionist, Life During Wartime.

Poison the Well - Not Within Arms Length.

Walls of Jericho - Misanthropy, A Little Piece of Me.

Yup.

Syd Barrett - Effervescing Elephant (1:53)

Syd Barrett - Baby Lemonade (2:34)

Syd Barrett - Love You (2:05)

Adam Green - I Wanna Die (1:49)

There's plenty more, but they're the best off the top of my head. Plenty of Misfits and Buzzcocks songs could fit easily on that list too.

I have a question to the EWB community regarding these short songs. Do any of you wish that these short songs you listed lasted longer? I've noticed that I think to myself "I like this song alot, but I really wish this group would have extended the length of the song". Does anybody else feel this way? There are some songs that are perfect with their short length, but there are also alot of songs that I can't help but think they should have gone on longer. Any songs in particular you'd want to see extended?

Off my playlist, which is about a tenth of my MP3 collection and about 1/200th of my song collection, since I have a few CDs kicking about...

Radiohead - I Will

...is actually the only one. The majority of songs I listen to are over 5 minutes. I don't really get into short songs. I wouldn't even say I Will is that awesome, but it's good, and as the only one on the list under 2:40, it counts.

Matthew Good - Agorophobe

... is 2:42 and is one of my favourite songs. It's one of his shortest.

The new System of a Down demo is under 2:40 and it's decent. In fact, if there is a ton missing off this list, it would probably come from my SOAD CDs more then anywhere else.

So yeah, I hate short songs really. I can never get into them. Agorophobe could be a lot longer and I'd enjoy it more, like Suburbia (a similar song at 5:22). System of a Down is uptempo and you can only really do uptempo short songs unless you're really, really good.

I have a question to the EWB community regarding these short songs. Do any of you wish that these short songs you listed lasted longer? I've noticed that I think to myself "I like this song alot, but I really wish this group would have extended the length of the song". Does anybody else feel this way? There are some songs that are perfect with their short length, but there are also alot of songs that I can't help but think they should have gone on longer. Any songs in particular you'd want to see extended?

Guest George

Im missing a lot of songs now that I dont have Internet and I don't remember them, but as Verbal Puke said, sometimes, I do wish they werew longer.

Jaco Pastorius' Portrait of tracy is an AMAZING song. It's just amazing and one of the best Bass pieces you will ever hear, but it's about 2:30 minutes, when it could easily have gone to 4 minutes.

Maxwell Murder is also a song that should be longer.

Lump is too short...

just too many to name.