Metal Gear Solid 3

Infinte Fire

Well i've just ordered the game, it was released in the UK today, and i only found out by accident while looking at gamestation.co.uk and well, my question is thus;

Can anyone here who has metal gear solid 3 tell me what i have to look forward too? If its better than MGS2, then its happy days, if not well, i doubt it but, if not well that sucks.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got it today, and I think it's pretty good. I think it's an improvement over MGS2, but the camera is annoying at times. I hate the fact that Konami are trying to make it more like James Bond, but apart from that it's a solid game. Hah.

Ah nevermind, the thread'll get moved eventually...

I also purchased it today. I didn't even know it was out only I just so happened to step into HMV to buy another 64 CD wallet. To be honest I'm not sure why I bought it...sure, it's MGS and will be great, but so are the other 3 or 4 games that I've hardly played and are just sitting around. :pinch:

£27 on the thing and I still haven't opened it...damn I'm a muppet.

Bought it today in Woolworths for £29.99.

I wasn't gonna and then thought "Hmm wonder if MGS is out today" and so Woolworths was nearest shop and they had it and cheap so I bought it.

I've managed about 30 mins on it today cos I've been busy but I'm enjoying it...Tis cool and I've marked out a few times already (Mainly all the freefall stuff, the name "Jack" and various other early on stuff)

The crocodiles early on took me a few goes cos I'm stupid.

I'm really loving it so far, and Snake enjoys eating one of the snakes but hates the frogs...mmmmm

I ran around topless for ages then realised I couldn't hide like that.

I'm loving it and am gonna spend a good morning on it tomorrow while wife in bed. I'm not having too many problems with camera, I like the fact crawling in grass is first person and the backpack idea is well implemented.

I loved MGS1 and 2 and I think this'll be going the same way.

Perfect timing what with GTA4 starting to get repetitive with me just trying to run around finishing off the cycling races on Chilead and trucking missions...

Damn, I didn't think it was out yet. I read the paper today and it had the game on a page and had the price, I thought it was saying it was out next week.

Went to blockbuster earlier and they didn't have it at that time so I'll probably have to wait a few days to rent it. No chance of me buying it.

Fucking The End (character) scared the shit out of me.

Spoiler

I was in the sniper battle with him and after what seemed like an eternity searching for him with the binoculars, he sneaks up behind me. All I hear is the click and back to the drawing board...  <_<

End Spoilers

I thought that was the hardest boss fight in the game, purely because you had to find him so much. Imagine my glee when I turned round after 15 minutes of frustration to find that he was facing away from me just behind me. I just had to sneak up and put a bullet in his head to end the battle. B)

Fucking The End (character) scared the shit out of me.

Spoiler

I was in the sniper battle with him and after what seemed like an eternity searching for him with the binoculars, he sneaks up behind me. All I hear is the click and back to the drawing board...  <_<

End Spoilers

I thought that was the hardest boss fight in the game, purely because you had to find him so much. Imagine my glee when I turned round after 15 minutes of frustration to find that he was facing away from me just behind me. I just had to sneak up and put a bullet in his head to end the battle. B)