Metal Gear Solid 3

Infinte Fire

• Admin

My only irk with this one is it seems the bosses are a little less built up. I mean, I've just walked into The Fury, and it's really the first mention of him, and his first appearance too.

Other than that, awesome game. The battle with The End was great fun.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My only irk with this one is it seems the bosses are a little less built up. I mean, I've just walked into The Fury, and it's really the first mention of him, and his first appearance too.

Other than that, awesome game. The battle with The End was great fun.

Agreed, I would definatly love to see more of the bosses, all of them for Metal Gear Solid and this one are so intriging. There's some decent historys behind guys like Psycho Mantis, but just barely two sentences for the new guys.

Yeah.

Yeah he is.

Which puts a whole new spin on things.

Ocelot > * from the duel onwards.

The scene on the sewage outlet is filmatic gold.

So That's why he kinda helps you out in the end.

The person who you're supposed to think is a good (Eva) actually ain't while the baddie's actually the goodie.

But then I have to say from the first time you meet Eva and she doesn't answer the question I was totally suspicious of her, and my wife kept telling me not to trust her.

Got the game yesterday and finished Very Easy mode today. Very Easy is VERY easy thanks to the aptly named EZ Gun.

Also, The End is about 10 times easier if you use the Thermal Goggles. You can see his footprints that way.

Does anyone happen to know why all the Cobras explode when they die? Just wondering.

For The End the Directional Mic is the best bet.

If you can get pretty close to him and pop him a couple of times you can normally get close in and melee him as he tries to leg it. He'll lob a flashbang (stun grenade) at you but if you can get in first and then chase him as best you can, if you lose him again he'll be pretty nearby.

The riverbed is the easiest place to get him, the northernmost area with the big outcrop and gentle slope is the most fun cos it's huge.

If you see his parrot in a tree nearby, kill it. You'll hear him let out a cry of lament. He can't spot you so well then.

You can also tranq his parrot and release it again so it reviels his whereabouts. So I hear anyway, I ate the thing. ¬_¬

Playing the game second time round, I realised just how easy that boss fight was. If you manage to sneak up on him once its practically the end for the old bastard. His moss camo makes the fight too easy and the mosin nagant (his sniper rifle) is useless for the rest of the game.

• 10 months later...

You're supposed to get to the end of the river and touch The Sorrow's corpse, which will kill you. THEN you use the pill, at the game over screen. You aren't just using it normally are you?