Metal Gear Solid 3

Infinte Fire

annyone managed to get stealth yet ? - bye killing the frogs of cause, this must be the hardest thing ever to do in a video game, some of them bastards are imposible to get.

Oh my God :crying:

I carefully made my way through the entire game making sure I got the frogs on each area, only to be fucked over at the motorcycle parts. It's just not possible. Anyone who says otherwise is a liar, a big dirty liar -_-

I did get the Tsuchinoko though, s my pain was eased with the Infinity face paint.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I took a few attempts to beat The End.

A case of using the directional mic and run around after him when he tries to leg it. Also head into the river to the west. For some reason that's the easiest place to get him, though the North area is beautiful.

Kill his parrot as well, he loses the ability to see you so easily. I snuck up on him a few times after that.

He did the creeping up behind me three separate attempts, normally cos you lie around too long in one place and he's seen where you are.

YOU DESERVE IT!

You can beat him by not killing him too apparantly and by holding him up three times you get a moss camoflage suit.

I'm not up on the top of the mountain trying to make my way up the ledges past teh anti-aircraft guns. I ran around aggressively last night cos I wasn't in the mood but later I'm gonna have a proper stealth attempt at it....

Also, is it me but the bosses aren't as well developed as in past MGS games. The Fear was a great boss but you learn nothing about him.

The End at least you learnt something about. The Pain was nothing really.

I guess you're learning good stuff about Ocelot, Boss and Volkov though...

I got a free guide with PSW magazine which gives you where all the frogs are and also how to get all the camoflage and faces.

The area with the Boss is excellent. Has anyone found the three special snakes around there? B)

You can beat him by not killing him too apparantly and by holding him up three times you get a moss camoflage suit.

If you do manage to beat him without killing him then you get his Mosin Nagant rifle. Tranquiliser version of the SVD Sniper Rifle. You can also kill him when you first see him at the dock area if you use your SVD, but watch out for the wheelchair. It explodes, and knocked me back into the next area :(

Also, is it me but the bosses aren't as well developed as in past MGS games. The Fear was a great boss but you learn nothing about him.

The End at least you learnt something about. The Pain was nothing really.

I agree totally. I had no pains in killing The Fury by the time I got to him, since it's the first (and last) time you see him. Kinda boring, but like you said, at least Ocelot/The Boss make up for it.

Snake Solid, Snake Liquid and Snake Solidus. Three pure white snakes which completely replenish stamina and taste great. I captured Solid and Liquid alive, but I killed Solidus since I had no more room in the cages :P

I was playing my friends copy of MSG 3 and we was stuck on The End. We tried for several hours but no luck , so we cut the game off and played something else , 6 hours later we try again and as soon as we start the stage we turn around and see The End laying dead , supposedly it's a small easter egg in the game , we couldn't stop laughing

and fair warning for those that haven't beat the game , the ending is awesome! but long!

• 2 weeks later...

Well I completed it the other day after playing for a week (Some days not very much though due to marriage!)

I tell ya, when everything kicks off with the motorcycle and sidecar it becomes like one of the coolest films ever.

And the final battle against the Boss is perhaps the most beautiful.

I loved that battle.

It took me three attempts but I only used the mk-22 to finish her off so I get a special camoflage from her.

Now to do the same to all the other bosses.

Also, The Sorrow was the greatest computer game character ever. Loved the way he kept popping up behind people when you press R1 in cut scenes and his 'battle' was really cutting edge in it's portrayal.

Luckily I already knew how to survive it.

I'm eventually going to buy the game going to wait until I find it for cheap on ebay , the one thing that really irked me about the game is the camera angle but after a while I got used to it and for some reason I could never master the close quarters combat , . for instance holding someone hostage and getting info from them , instead I'd always end up attacking or throwing them

other than that the game is oustanding and should be awarded the best gaming experience ever

Yeah, it is annoying since the button to grab them is also the button to slash their throat if you press it too hard. I think I only ever managed to grab one person successfully :\

Yeah the only CQC problem I had for a while was having enough hands to hold them, then press down L3 to question them and then try and hold them but not too hard or soft while trying to shoot others....

Restarting the game with the Patriot machine gun makes everything a lot lot easier believe me....