Pokémon

PkmnTrainerJ

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest tiarnantman

I kinda want to buy Diamond. I haven't bought a game since Ruby(5 yrs ago).

What the better game

Diamond or Pearl

I usually just go with my favorite color/gem

Blue

Silver

Ruby

etc...

Edited by tiarnantman

Since I only can find Silver, Gold, Yellow, and Blue I'm currently playing Yellow on my Gameboy...that is in bad condition but I can still play games. It's alright, the graphics are sucky compared to the ones I saw for Diamond. I'm in Mt. Moon cave now(just started a new game yesterday) and my Pokemon are

Pikachu

Mankey

Nidoran(girl)

Zubat

It's been a few years since I played Ruby(lost it) but couldn't you use fly, dig, cut, etc... without teaching it to a Pokemon?

It brings back memories(goes into girl mode) from when I was 8 and I first got the game. I named my character Ash, and my opponent Gary. I'm sick of seeing Ratatta(sp)...did anyone ever bother to catch one?

Edited by Scream14

So, I've held off telling y'all (bar DoubleX) about this until we had a working version, but:

http://www.pokemonrevolution.org/forums/index.php

Essentially, we're hoping it'll be the first fully playable MMORPG for Pokemon. It's completely free (well, you have to register on the forums>_>) and v0.8 was released last night. Currently, it's not online compatible, albeit it will be by the end of March, and it's only got the first cities in Kanto, Johto, Hoenn and Sinnoh and the first routes, but there are other little additions we have (such as a Pokegear with the PokePod, and a few little easter eggs hidden in Johto).

Oh, and I know this might be considered advertising, but I've not just posted a link...ie, Benji, you'll like it so please don't warn me >_>

I had a quick go of 0.8, once in Johto, once in Sinnoh and once in Hoenn.

The Pros:

- I like the idea of an online Pokemon RPG, and it's good that someone's taken the trouble to work on one.

- Every region? Yes please. I like this too.

- Shadows is an interesting implementation.

- I got a pretty awesome Mudkip in Hoenn, female and Brave.

The Cons:

- The Sinnoh sprites are all squished and pixellated.

- No choice of player sprite.

- You could do fuck-all in Johto.

- No menu to restart the game.

- The fuck's this guy doing with a Lv2 Noctowl on Route 101?

Overall I'm not that impressed, but I'll wait and see what comes next and make a more informed opinion then.

Oh, and I know this might be considered advertising, but I've not just posted a link...ie, Benji, you'll like it so please don't warn me >_>

I'm more bothered about the copyright issues than the advertising, unless I find it to be in infringement (which it may not be, they've known about the online battle game for years and have never touched upon it to my knowledge) I'll leave it there for now.

I'm Katsuya over on their board.

POLR is neither Crater or Online (the last one). Sienide essentially was inspired by the original failure of POL and started programming POLR.

DX, there is some stuff you can do in Johto - there's a secret quest for something, as it were, but it's being worked on (same as the Sinnoh problem). Oh, and the Noctowl, I believe, was a programming error where Sie got the HootHoot code mixed up with the Noctowl one >_>

DX, there is some stuff you can do in Johto - there's a secret quest for something, as it were, but it's being worked on (same as the Sinnoh problem). Oh, and the Noctowl, I believe, was a programming error where Sie got the HootHoot code mixed up with the Noctowl one >_>

Would that secret quest be that thing with the Mystery Egg? I did that, and that was it. I talked to Elm and he said nothing different, and I got healed by the Healer guy and nothing special happened. Was I supposed to hatch the egg? Because that's fucking boring, just walking around town.

Also, a question: does this game use the physical/special split from D/P or does it work on the classic style? If it's the latter then you just fucked Sinnoh. If it's the former then it makes the rest of the regions much more interesting to play. You can clearly see which one I'd prefer.