Pokémon

PkmnTrainerJ

Gah, I must have bred about 15 parties of Growlithe, and not one of them has been of the right nature, ie lonely. I've had a few hasty natures, and if I can't get lonely soon, then I'll probably just go with the hasty one.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And why in the world would you want a Modest Larvitar? SpecsTar?

For crazy Special-Tar! My team is lacking in the Special department, but I don't like any of the other strong Special Attackers (It seems that the majority of Pokemon I like are physical attackers). I'm going to try a Special-Tar and see what kind of stats he winds up with if I get the right nature, IVs and then EV train him. He has a base Special Attack of 95 which is significantly better than my other back-up "surprise" Special Attacker, Tentacruel, but there is still quite a difference between those two and my Alakazam. I'm just trying to cover up the weakness I would have when Alakazam goes down.

Choice Specs it, imo. Base 95 SpAtk isn't enough unboosted. If it were me I'd go Dark Pulse/Thunderbolt/Ice Beam/Focus Punch with Choice Specs. Also, I'd make that set Mild as opposed to Modest.

Your choice though.

Gah, I must have bred about 15 parties of Growlithe, and not one of them has been of the right nature, ie lonely. I've had a few hasty natures, and if I can't get lonely soon, then I'll probably just go with the hasty one.

Hasty is just as good, if not better. Lonely allows you to hit harder, but Hasty gives you an edge in hitting more times in the long run.

Any of you guys checked out the GTS site? http://www.pokemon-gts.net/ Pretty damn cool. If only my damn WiFi worked I could get back to trading. :(

Funny seeing the facts and stuff on the ticker. Spain is the 3rd most tradingist country and America is top.

Edited by TheEllisComplex

I found one in the end. I got a chain of them with the Pokeradar and just caught about a dozen in a row.

Also I spent a bunch of time underground. That digging game is more fun than I thought it would be.

How many fossils are available in each game? I've found three different ones so far. Omanyte, Cranidos and some wierd bug looking one.

I found one in the end. I got a chain of them with the Pokeradar and just caught about a dozen in a row.

Also I spent a bunch of time underground. That digging game is more fun than I thought it would be.

How many fossils are available in each game? I've found three different ones so far. Omanyte, Cranidos and some wierd bug looking one.

That would probably be the Claw fossil, that revives to Anorith.

And each game can find six fossils. You can find the Old Amber, as well as the Dome, Helix, Root and Claw fossils in both versions, with the Skull fossil unique to Diamond and the Armor fossil unique to Pearl. They revive to:

Dome = Kabuto

Helix = Omanyte

Root = Lileep

Claw = Anorith

Skull = Cranidos

Armor = Shieldon

Old Amber = Aerodactyl

Oooh cool. I'll keep looking.

This Cranidos thing looks pretty badass. I might keep him around. I had Kabuto and Omanyte at Lvl100's back in the rgb day. Omanyte especially I used to think was a dude, probably doesn't hold up anymore, but he was cool.

Oooh cool. I'll keep looking.

This Cranidos thing looks pretty badass. I might keep him around. I had Kabuto and Omanyte at Lvl100's back in the rgb day. Omanyte especially I used to think was a dude, probably doesn't hold up anymore, but he was cool.

Cranidos' evolution - Rampardos - has the highest base Atk stat in the game (165), but is quite fragile and isn't that fast, so it's risky to use but hits fucking hard.

• 1 month later...

I need the following to complete my dex...

Delibird

Gorebyss

Kingdra

Shuckle

Stantler

I can catch Shuckle naturally with my Emerald dongle, Gorebyss I need to get hold of a Deepseascale and Kingdra I need a Dragon scale (the latter of which I have a 5% chance of getting with every Horsea/Seadra I catch). But I would appreciate if anyone can help me out, I can breed you pretty much anything or lend you something if you just want to trade one of these to me and back for the dex entry.

Any help?

• 1 month later...

One of my friends bought it the other day while he was staying the night at my place. We didn't play too much of it, but so far it doesn't look like anything special to me. I've yet to use it for a DS Battle though, so that shall be interesting.

I can say that the one thing I liked was the different stipulations for the different coliseums. I particularly liked the waterfalls one. So far we've only played to the Crystal Coliseum.

I terms of the way it looks, it is beautiful. They've managed to keep the pokemon looking like they should, but the attacks are so well done. Flamethrower is just brilliant to look at, as is Ice Beam. The graphics truly are superb.

Finally picked up Diamond and a DS.....the graphics and sound are amazing. Started off with a Chimchar. Awesome :)

Chimchar is the most awesome option, later on it's pretty fucking badass as a physical sweeper (or special if you want it as such), trust me when I say you can feel very much free to evolve it as fast as you want instead of waiting for better moves (although if you wanted Flame Thrower instead of Flare Blitz you can only get it in one of the first two forms, I forget which, but why would you want to? Flare Blitz rawks

I've slowly begun playing it again, albeit right now I'm trying to finish Ranger to get Manaphy (Entei in the last battle is a whore. Seriously.)

I've got a team of seven in rotation, that being Torterra, Luxray, Blissey, Alakazam, Floatzel, Golem & Staraptor.

Blissey with Flamethrower and Thunderbolt is the most awesome thing ever. Flamethrower currently is taking out Sneasel's about five levels lower in one hit, which ain't bad for Blissey.

Finally picked up Diamond and a DS.....the graphics and sound are amazing. Started off with a Chimchar. Awesome :)

Chimchar is the most awesome option, later on it's pretty fucking badass as a physical sweeper (or special if you want it as such), trust me when I say you can feel very much free to evolve it as fast as you want instead of waiting for better moves (although if you wanted Flame Thrower instead of Flare Blitz you can only get it in one of the first two forms, I forget which, but why would you want to? Flare Blitz rawks <3).

Chimchar is the most awesome option, later on it's pretty fucking badass as a physical sweeper (or special if you want it as such), trust me when I say you can feel very much free to evolve it as fast as you want instead of waiting for better moves (although if you wanted Flame Thrower instead of Flare Blitz you can only get it in one of the first two forms, I forget which, but why would you want to? Flare Blitz rawks

So you're saying Chimchar is the way to go? No better fire alternatives in this game? And how is Shinx, as I just caught one? Apparently the first gym leader is rock, so nothing's gonna help thus far.

The ONLY fire alternative until you complete the dex is Ponyta, and it's a very basic fire type (unfortunately the Pokémon company has not yet realised that fire is SORELY missing some decent mixes, unlike the bastard child that is water types). Shinx is awesome, one of my favourite electric Pokémon ever, if not number one, it's Crunch, Thunderfang combo is awesome, though if I can offer a tip, I'd suggest finding something with Ice Fang or Fire Fang and breeding it into Shinx later, if you're not bothered about decent coverage then never mind, just go for it, of course, I could breed one for you, but I can't remember which (if any) of my Pokémon have them :)

There's no fire whatsoever except for Ponyta which is so far down the line it's pointless.

Since I have my Wifi working with my DS again it's time to shill my list of needs.

Bastiodon

Cherrim

Ambipom

Dirfblim

Lopunny

Mismagius

Honchkrow

Skuntank

Rapidash (Though I think I might have on on my LeafGreen that I can migrate)

Raichu (Again, LeafGreen possibility)

Gabite

Snorlax (LG)

Hippowdon

Drapion

Lumineon

Mantine

Abomasnow

Weavile

I'm gonna check GTS/my LG cart now to see if I can cross a few of these off.

Scratch that whole 'working' thing. Stupid picky DS, one minute it works and the next it doesn't.

Edited by King Santa

At the mo my squad is...

Porygon-Z @ Lv28

Staraptor @ Lv68

Crobat @ Lv70

Whiscash @ Lv70

Infernape @ Lv68

Luxray @ Lv80

It's a squad of heavy hitters and isn't my final team by any means, just my game team. I pulled an "Elite Four" on Porygon-Z, it was a post victory replacement for Skuntank and is an extremely good special sweeper with its new evolution, I may include one in my Super Team :)

Edited by Holiday Armadillo