Pokémon

PkmnTrainerJ

It's just after Hearthrome City, and before the place where you slot in the Old Keystone; so he's on the bridges on the water.

Which is Route 209 for reference. It's the route that connects Hearthome to Solaceon. When you go out the east exit of Hearthome, continue east and you'll find a fisherman on a pier thing. He gives you the Good Rod.

Edited by DoubleX

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest tiarnantman

My current team isn't great, but I've got my better Pokémon stored in the PC so that I can train these guys.

- Milotic Lv31

- Mespirit Lv50

- Golduck Lv49

- Torterra Lv46

- Staravia Lv32 (Yeah, I still haven't bothered training it)

- Egg (which will hatch into Shellos)

I'm considering starting a new game, just for the fun of it.

I realised that I hadn't reached Kyogre in my Sapphire game, and I can't be bothered continuing, so I'm considering forgetting about migrating it. Oh, and my Golduck is the ultimate battler. I usually never bother training Psyduck, but I was very much wrong.

I somehow managed to breed a Machop with Meditate, that is currently kicking just about every arse possible. In other news, the main team just beat the 3rd Gym, and I love Fly.

Oh, and my Staravia is also kicked arse in Cool Contests, which is nice.

I haven't played Pearl in ages (except for obtaining Sudowoodo and Azumarill for Ellis), but the team I used to beat the Elite 4 was:

Infernape

Steelix

Golduck

Crobat

Alakazam

Luxray

I also beat the game once within a week after getting it back in February, then restarted, resulting in the above team. If memory serves, my first team was:

Empoleon

Mismagius

Medicham

Raichu

Golem

Staraptor

Just got my Eevee, and caught a wild Ditto. :D

I'm off to breed Eevee. Hopefully I'll be able to get all seven evolutions.

It's not too hard. The Stone evolutions, Glaceon and Leafeon are easy to get. Espeon and Umbreon are slightly harder, but not impossible, you just need the Soothe Bell and to get them massages and such.

I restarted my Crystal game the other day, and from the Odd Egg got a shiny Igglybuff. I'll be sure to train that once I'm done with the gyms, and my current team is:

Quilava lv24

Geodude lv23

Granbull lv24

Weepinbell lv24

Phanpy lv23

Slowpoke lv23

I'm going to replace Geodude with the Extremespeed Dratini once I get it, and the rest I'm hanging on to.

Guest tiarnantman

I've got Leafeon and Jolteon. I'm about to get Glaceon. The problem is finding a firestone and a waterstone for Flareon and Vaporeon.

Team:

Golduck Lv50

Staravia Lv33

Eevee Lv1

Eevee Lv1

Egg

I'm considering developing an all Eevolution team. I've actually only completed the League once, and I want to have a go with these guys if I manage to evolve them and train them up. Although, there are seven of them, so I'll need to stick one in the PC. I'm considering Umbreon, Glaceon, or Espeon. Any opinions?

Guest tiarnantman

I'm annoyed now. Does anyone have any idea where I'm supposed to get a waterstone? I've got Glaceon, Leafeon, Flareon and Jolteon, but I can't find a waterstone to get which Vaporeon (which, I might add, is by far my favourite). So any ideas?

EDIT: No matter, just found one on Route 213 sea route.

Edited by tiarnantman

I forgot how immense Chansey's were. I just need to EV their Attack and Defense points.

Bwahaha...EVing Attack on Chansey. That's quite comical.

Max Def, lots of HP, rest in SpAtk/Spd is the only way to EV Chansey/Blissey. Seriously.

At the moment my team is

Starravia

Infernape

Kadabra

Gastrodon (I think that's its name - Shellos evolution)

Luxray

Misdreavus

I just caught a Sneasel that's higher-level than my Misdreavus. the Misdreavus doesn't have very strong moves, is Sneasel better than it?

At the moment my team is

Starravia

Infernape

Kadabra

Gastrodon (I think that's its name - Shellos evolution)

Luxray

Misdreavus

I just caught a Sneasel that's higher-level than my Misdreavus. the Misdreavus doesn't have very strong moves, is Sneasel better than it?

Misdreavus, after evolving to Mismagius, is like a slower Gengar with a slightly smaller movepool and can actually take a hit from the special side of the spectrum. Sneasel, after evolving to Weavile, is a physical speed-demon that has a pretty good type coverage offensively, but is quite frail. To say that one is better than the other is silly since they're both so different. Both cover types that you'll need to cover in the game, so pick one and go with it. I would personally go with Mismagius, since I think Misdreavus is cool, but it's up to you.

I think on that assessment i'll take Sneasel, I like offense better.

They can both dish out decent offense, it's just that Sneasel (Weavile) is from the physical side, and Misdreavus (Mismagius) is from the special side, and of their respective attacking stats, Weavile is slightly more powerful.

On another note, how many of you ever got into the Pokemon trading card craze? I remember my brother and I got a bunch when they were really big, and I just found a bunch in my desk. Not going to bother counting them, but when stacked it's 2.5 inches thick :P

Guest clintcasey

Yeah, I have a few Pokemon Cards, I was on the older end of the spectrum when the Pokemon craze started (12). Growing up in a small town in Arkanasas I didn't really have anyone to play with, so I stopped before I got too far into it. Probably the most valuable card I, (which is laughable I'm sure) is a 1st edition Blastoise Holographic card thats got to be about 10 years old now. I put it in a card sleeve when I first got it, and never took it out.

Ha, I started out with Magic when I was like... 10. The earliest expansion I have is Ice Age and several that followed it, and then later I got into again in high school.

My favorite deck was an all white deck that has cards in it mixed from several different expansions. One of my favorite cards is the Blinking Fairy. Its a simply 2/2 creature but has an interesting ability. For 0 mana it returns to its owner's hand. The only way to get rid of the darn thing is to remove it from play.

The little capture text at the bottom of the card is a goblin saying, "It just wont die!"

Usually I played with either an all white deck, or a white/green deck.

Edited by clintcasey

I managed to finally get a hold of Pokémon Pearl last week, so I've been charging through it day-in and day-out. Since starting on August 21, 2007 I've amassed just over 54 hours of playing time. I've seen 123 Pokémon, and I've obtained 110. I've got seven gym badges, and the Team Galactic storyline is coming to its conclusion, if I can figure out how to get to the final battle. The Global Trade Station has been an awesome aid toward filling up my Sinnoh Pokédex, where I've completed 19 trades. I don't have any Pokémon alien to this region yet, since my only trading has been through the GTS. My party will likely undertake a lot of change after the Elite Four, but at the moment this is what I'm using;

Alakazam - Lv. 48

Tentacruel - Lv. 47

Torterra - Lv. 45

Drifblim - Lv. 28 (Defog, Cut, Flash, Fly)

Golem - Lv. 27 (Rock Climb, Strength, Rock Smash)

Gyarados - Lv. 24 (Surf)

The majority of the things people are trying to trade on the GTS are really stupid though. If anyone wants to trade stuff, let me know. I have a copy of Sapphire that will help me a bit in the future, but there's going to be a lot more I'm missing.

So I'm learning about breeding, being all new to this it's a bit daunting. I've read a little bit, but most guides seem to assume that I did this back in 3rd Gen Pokemon.. I didn't. I could read a 3rd Gen Pokemon guide, but meh.. I'd rather figure it out myself anyway.

One question, one thing I remember reading, is that the whole process will be expediated if I have a Pokemon with Flame Armour or Magma.. Something... is that a move or ability or item? Because I've never seen it. Who in Pearl/Diamond exhibits this quality?

Also is there a website with suggested movesets? Just to give me something to practice achieving with bred pokemon.