Pokémon

PkmnTrainerJ

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Bumpity

So, to celebrate the launch of Pokemon Diamond/Pearl in the UK Toys R Us is having a little summer tour, the highlight of which being a free Mew download. Now to the pokemaniacs amongst us that isn't much at all given the likes of J and Benji probably have twelve already but for me, this would be my first (ligitimate).

All that's left to do is to find out if theres one near you.

http://www.toysrus.co.uk/framestatic.aspx/...ur.htm?zone=Tru

Oh and to decide if you really do want to be the one twenty year old amongst a sea of pre teens getting their Mew on. :shifty:

Yeah. Me and Benj will be at the Derby one, and will probably be sat there trading away stuff and mixing records. I will also try and download multiple Mews on all my games...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest tiarnantman

So, I got Diamond on Thursday last, and I've got the eight badges, as well as Dialga, which, to be honest, I'm not too fussed on. 'Roar of Time'? Horrible name for a move. Sounds like Yu-Gi-Oh :puke:

Anyhow, my party...

Golduck, Lv41

Haunter, Lv48

Dialga, Lv50

Torterra, Lv44

Kadabra, Lv42

Staravia, Lv32 :P

I need a flying Pokémon, but does anyone have any recommendations, other than the Starly family?

I'm hoping to do the League soon so that I can finally bring my Sapphire party into the game. I also want that Eevee, so that I can get a Vaporeon.

You get it once you see all 150 pokemon around Sinnoh. Of course the easiest way to see a few of them is to face the Elite 4 so unless you get some trades in you might have to face them.

My brother got Diamond, I got Pearl, he got Pearl again (fucked up, yeah).

Anyway, I'm playing it intermittently and still haven't got to the first gym battle yet. Bidoof's suck when you're trying to level them up. Right now, my team are all at lv. 11 and is: Abra (Hidden Power woo!), Budew, Turtwig, Shinx and Starly.

I'm planning on getting them to 12 then heading to Oreburgh Gate, and then I'll power through there with Turtwig and Budew (and Shinx, probably, to fuck the Zubat).

Yeah, I just started over too as it took me until the Elite 4 to realize that my team was full of gaping holes. I think I have found a team that works but Im wondering what any of the resident Pokemaniacs think. Note: I don't use legendaries for any reason.

Chimchar->Monferno->Infernape (Fire/Fighting)

Zubat->Golbat->Crobat (Flying/Poison)

Snorunt->Froslass (Ice/Ghost)

Budew->Roselia->Roserade (Grass/Poison)

Stunky->Skuntank (Dark/Poison)

Shellos->Gastrodon (Water/Ground)

The Stunky is up for discussion as it's only there to be a dark type while Budew and it's evolutionary chain may be changed if someone suggests something better. Last time I had:

Torterra (Not many good attacks, weak against quite a bit)

Staraptor (Normal/Flying essentially eliminated it's one good use, vs Fighting types)

Luxray (Didn't learn many good moves, electric type only really helped against Gyarados whereas anything else could sub for it)

Floatzel (Straight up Water, not as versatile as I would like)

Steelix (One of my favorites, but it had a lot of weaknesses)

Machamp (Good, but single type=not too versatile in my eyes)

If anyone can give me advice or whatever I would appreciate it. : )

I'm playing through Diamond now, it's the first Pokémon game I've played through seriously since red/blue.. and I'm totally out of my depth...

I mean seriously, I was an absolute legend at Red/Blue. I knew everything, and I was my High Schools champion (Shut up, it was like ten years ago).. . Anyway, there is so much stuff to do, I don't know where to start.

How many Pokémon are there now? like 450? How many of those can be gotten on Pearl/Diamond only? I need to learn about genders and breeding, and items, and berrys, and contests and feeding them, and moods and personalities, Eggs, Honey, Real Time Clock affecting things, wierd statusy things (Rain weakens Fire and strengthens water attacks, right? Is there an opposite thing that strengthens Fire?) and all these new types (Dark?) as well as new evolutionary paths (Mime Jr? Pichu?).

I have a team of five at the moment,

Starting Fire Pokemon @ 2nd Evo stage

Electric Cat Pokemon @ 3rd Evo Stage

Some Flying Pokemon @ 2nd Stage

Gyarados

Chingling

and I'm really worried about starting to train anyone else, in case I realise that I've been wasting my time because of poor stats/gender/mood/personality/not the original evo stage.

Bah, it's all so complicated.

Back in the old Red/Blue days, once I'd clocked the game in every possible way, I started to use an Action Replay to get later Pokémon at lower levels (Lvl 2), so I could train them all the way up to 100 myself, stopping off at about 60/70 to apply the performance enhancing drugs. (Shit, forgot about those, are they in this game too? I forget what they were called. They increased attack and that legally)

Good times. I had some good Level 100s, a lot of standards, all three starters, legendary birds, mew, mewtwo, dragonite (or whatever 3rd evo stage was), Nidoking, Jynx, a whole bunch of others.. also some Randoms. I was the only person I knew with a Lvl 100 Kingler, or Beedrill, Exeggutor. I think I was training up a Mr Mime just for the hell of it. It was fun.

That's a point Is Lvl 100 still the legal upper limit?

Guest tiarnantman

Aaaargh! I need to see four more Pokémon before I can import my Sapphire party. Trouble is, I don't have a clue where to find them!

Oh, and I've decided to trade my Dialga online. It was helpful when completing the League, but now that I've done that, I really want it gone. So I got a Milotic (Lv16 :)) for it, seeing as they're really good, but almost impossible to get in the game. I would have requested a higher level, but I want to raise her myself. Of course, this means that I'll have to water-only Pokémon in my party, seeing as I'm determined to make Golduck my main battler.

The only legendary I'm fussed on using right now Kyogre, but I can't get it without completing this stupid Pokédex! I'm getting a Ditto as well, so that I can breed, although I lost both my Leaf-Greens, so it'll have to be of someone else's game.

Guest tiarnantman

Meh, I dispise both legendaries, and I'm never able to get Feebas, so I don't think it was too bad.

I need to see Drifloon (#65), Unown (#114), Riolu (#115) and Finneon (#134). I'm in the process of looking for tips on Yahoo Answers, but, y'know, it's Yahoo Answers, which, on occasion, isn't the most helpful sight.

EDIT: Just found a Finneon. Three left.

Edited by tiarnantman

Drifloon is outside Valley Windworks on a Friday (my sig tells you as much!).

Unown is in some shitty ass cave thing next to Solocean town.

Riolu i'm not sure of, I know you get given an egg of one which by all rights you should have. Maybe you didn't hatch it yet?

Finneon is around somewhere if you fish. My Pokedex tells me there is some on the route and city left of Jubrife. Also on the route to Pal Park and a couple other places.

I have Drifloons to spare and would love to help you but my DS won't recognise my Wi-Fi for some reason and the install CD for my Nintendo USB Wi-Fi thing is MIA.

Hmmm, I think the Nintendo site has the installer up for download. I will go try it and hopefully I will be able to get you a nice Drifloon!

Edited by TheEllisComplex

Guest tiarnantman

Just saw an Unown.

Actually, I just got an egg from a guy in Hearthome. I'm assuming Riolu's in it.

And I'll have to edit my clock to Friday to find Drifloon. Thanks for the help!

EDIT: I was wrong, apparently I need to get the egg on Iron Island...:(

Edited by tiarnantman