Pokémon

PkmnTrainerJ

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm busily training up for the final badge, and then off to the Elite Four, and then I shall transfer some starters for Pal Park, so by...Saturday you guys can ask me for any starters as long as you trade me something decent back.

Oh, I'll have Feebas' too.

Been looking at rules for the league, anybody got any additions or issues with them so far?

Signing Up

The only note on signing up is putting up your regular board name (please leave it somewhere in your signature if you ever change your name to make life easier for everyone) and your friend code. If you use more than one game you must sign them up SEPARATELY and will not be allowed to interact with yourself in the league.

Rules of Pokémon League

1. There are no specific rules for who you must face or how often you can fight, you may make challenge, and if it is accepted you may fight.

2. If you are a title holder you MUST defend the title at least once in the week or you become forfeit and will have 15 points deducted.

3. Singles battles should always be 3 on 3.

4. Doubles battles should always be 4 on 4.

5. If you feel like making your own rules before a battle, feel free to agree to it with your opponent (especially a level limit, it’s probably best not to challenge someone if you’re a significant amount of levels below them).

6. All challenges must go through the main thread to show the match has been agreed.

7. If two people argue about who won, both will receive a ten point penalty automatically, so please, no lying.

Points System

1. All new entries start at zero points.

2. Loss and gain of points is decided by the amount of Pokémon remaining, if the winner only had one Pokémon left after the battle, the winner gains one point and the loser loses one.

Title Challenges

1. The World Title can only be challenged for by the top four trainers barring special circumstances.

2. The Tag Team Titles can be challenged for by anyone at any time, although higher team ranking will mean you are priority challengers.

1. Not any massive reasons really. In my experience there are a lot of water types early on in the game so Piplup isn't an abosolute must. There's a lack of fire pokemon which makes Chimchar handy. Fire isn't really a must have early on though so Piplup will do fine.

Though, when I look at it, it's moves aren't great until it evolves and learns metal claw and then bubblebeam.

2. Shinx is a good one, Electric pokemon aren't in abundance so it's good to have that one. I liked Machop too, gave me a good option against the first gym since I didn't have a great water/grass type.

Edited by Richard Ellis

I picked Piplup, and it just evolved after the first gym and got Metal Claw.

Shinx is very good as well, and my Starly is pretty good too.

Why don't they make any more badass early flying Pokemon? I always loved the way Spearow looked, and Pidgey looked cool too, but Starly just looks like a pussy compared to those two.

I've begun playing Silver again on my SP (retro~~~!) in anticipation for D/P's UK release. I can't particularly be bothered importing or stuff. Unless they have it at Forbidden Planet, then, possibly. Anyway, back to Silver; I've not even got in to my first trainer battle (bar the fight with Gold) and my team right now is:

Chikorita, Lv. 12

Hoothoot, Lv. 12

Geodude, Lv. 12

Sentret, Lv. 10

I plan on getting them all to Level 14 by the time the first Gym Battle is coming up, which would include evolving Sentret to Furrett. Also, this game rawks. Plus, I'm so buying the USB Wi-Fi thing ASAP.

Someone sent me a female Piplup in return for my Marill so I have tons of them too. I wouldn't mind some Kanto starter action though.

Also, if anyone needs a Shellos, I am like the offical collector of them. I must have about 20 right now.

Whilst i'm here, i'll vent on the script. Seriously, did they just say "Ok, let's just write in lots of 1337 speak and memes and they'll love it."? When people aren't saying 'owned' and 'noob' we get a lovely 'massive damage' or 'winner is you' reference. Seriously, not everyone is a SA or 4chan whore.

Edited by Richard Ellis

Sounds like you've been 'hoing' enough. Oh, I see, you said Hoenn. >_>

I've barely played this game. My team is like L15. Eterna right now. I spent all night trying to connect my fecking DS to my wireless, with no luck. If anyone feels like helping, feel free.